Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
V4KISH
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (White)

Hello , I am from Iowa and owner of 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (White)

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post my experiences with my new car

My car has run 3900 miles and i recently encountered a big jerking problem driving at 20-40 miles /hr. Had to deaccelerate and let the car run for a few distance until the jerk stopped . Am facing this problem for the last one week and was lucky to be a flat road whenever i had this issue. Could have been worst if it was steep roads.

Few instances i have noticed issues like navigation system rebooting itself during driving and air bags symbol ON even though both the front seat belts were buckled up.

Has anybody faced these issues before ? please let me know your thoughts

Regards,
Kishore

KristiHipp
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

Hello all! I am the proud new owner of a certified pre-owned 2013 Rogue. It only had 8,000 miles and the price was right and I just couldn't pass it up!

I'm moving from California to Colorado in about a week for my first post-graduate full-time job (just graduated from grad school) so decided to both treat myself and get a car that was more practical than the '99 Chrysler Concorde I'd been driving since age 15...lol.

Super excited about my new(er) Rogue and very glad to find this community!

aclarke3
Car: 1995 G20
2004 Sentra S
2012 Rogue SV AWD

Just picked up a 2012 SV AWD last week so I moved on over from the G20 Forum. Liking it so far.

LargoLady
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

Hello,

I should complete the purchase tomorrow of a 2011 Rogue. It is Platinum Graphite with 18,000 miles and has just come off lease. It has spent its life in Florida and will continue on in Florida (Tampa Bay area) with me. The dealer (local, used cars) says it is an SL but from what I'm reading, the models are S, SV or Krom and the SL is a package. So maybe I have an SL or maybe I don't! Can anyone educate me?

It's got all the bells and whistles and looks very lightly used. This is my first Nissan and my first SUV-type vehicle. I'm giving up my 2002 Volvo S60 (only 173k miles!) because it's too hard for my 80-year old mom to get in and out of it.

The 36 mo/36,000 warranty is expired so I am purchasing an extended warranty (84 mo/75k mi, we are low mileage drivers) from my credit union. We always buy used and never buy extended warranties but the CVT complaints out on the webs have me a little worried and there are many bells and whistles on this car to break. One major repair will pay for the warranty...which I hope I never have to use!

myersark
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue, 80,000 miles as of July 2014. Bought new. Live in USA.

2011 Rogue AWD SL. Bought new in November 2010 in Springfield, Missouri, USA. A of today, has about 82,000 miles on it. 70% highway, 30% city driving.

PROS: Handles anything winter throws at us with no problems (except getting stuck when it 'high centered' on snow left in our drive by a snowplow). Stylish. Tried the Honda, Kia, Hyundai, etc., comparable SUVs. Rogue by far out-handles them all!

CONS: Gas mileage. We had one of the first Frontier trucks and the best it got was 16, which was terrible for such a small truck and the reason we got rid of it. Mine averages around 22mpg. combined. I had an 8-cylinder 2003 BMw 540i that did that well!!!

Thank goodness we purchased an extended warranty on it. The leather on the passenger front seat was thin and starting to wear very quickly, which was replaced under the original 36K/3 YR warranty. The car started that hum/drone sound mentioned by others. And it would shudder when taking off from stoplights, etc. Just got it back. They had to replace BOTH FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS and the DRIVESHAFT!!! At 82,000 miles!?! Said the U-joints were bad on the driveshaft and you can't just replace them; the entire shaft has to be replaced. It was in the shop for 4 days. Thankfully the rental was also covered (dealership 100 miles from here.)

Oh, and I often get the 'key not detected' message. And the 'insert SD card' into the Navigation system. Both of these have been an on-going thing since day one.

And let's not forget the paint! ALL the indentations behind the door handles have fingernail scratches. A LOT of them. I'd read elsewhere of complaints about the clearcoat scratching easily. Despite owning many, many autos over the years (have four now: 1971 BMW; 1995 GMC K1500; 2004 Dodge 3500 4x4 dieseal and the Rogue), have NEVER seen this problem.

Anyone else have those problems????

Thanks!

Vicki :gotme

nismo75
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Red with Sunroof package

Howdy,
New here.
2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Red with Sunroof package
Just trying to figure this out. Lol
Houston TX

biodun
Car: Gun Metal Grey 2014 Nissan Rogue

Hello all,
I was almost all set to get a Mazda CX-5 when I found out about the third row seating on the Rogue. This prompted a bit of research that revealed better mileage and a much lower price for the same spec level.

Some of the reviews seemed to imply that only toddlers can seat in the third row but I was able to fit in after adjusting the driver's seat and the seat immediately behind for myself which sealed the deal. All the bells and whistles included didn't do any harm either.

I have previously owned Hondas and Toyotas but this is my first Nissan.

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Hello All, picked this beauty of a car yesterday at my Local Dealer here in Laval,Qc Canada. So far we love everything about it. Its a Black On Black 2014 SL AWD with Premium Package. Love the front design of this car, I have already had couple of neighbors come up and give complements.

nismo75
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Red with Sunroof package

Very Happy with the New Rogue SV AWD w/Sunroof pkg & fogs :crazy:

joshuadunkin
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Hey everyone!

The wife and I just got a 2012 special edition awd rogue in pearl white. 11757 miles when we picked up. My favorite vehicle so far that I've owned and we've only had it since Saturday.almost perfect but needs a few little things. Back windshield wiper doesn't work and missing the engine cover so off to Nissan I go next week lol

Rogue Runner

Hi Folks

I just got my Rogue. I fell in love on the test drive. Unbelievable power from a 4 cylinder! Mine is a 2011, black on black and loaded! I have a few things to get checked out.

Is the extended warranty for $2500 worth it?

Rogue Runner

tedsiciliano
Car: 2010 nissan rogue 360 package

Hello,

Just got my Mom's 2010 rogue 360 passed down to me as my first car for the few months I have been driving it I have been very happy with it and hope to keep it a long time, it only has 38793 miles on it, I will post pictures soon!

spacekudet
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S, AWD

Hi everyone, I drive a 2008 Nissan Rogue S, AWD. I bought a Rogue because I had a chance to get a car for a really really good deal from my sister who was the first owner, so I got it, unplanned new car. When I got the car it had 149'000 km equivalent to 93'000 miles. Right before I got the Rogue my sister took it to the Nissan dealer to check the CVT because of some noises, and hence the CVT was replaced for a brand spanking new one under warranty. I live in Alberta, Canada so having the AWD is great, and I can always feel it kicking in when I get myself in a jam during winter snow, & I like the reasonably good clearance. I'd like to think of it as a working machine so once in a while it needs some lovin.

I’ve taken the Rogue on a many many Snowboard trips, with 4/5 people + gear on the inside and skis and snowboards in the roof box. The car came with rails which made them pretty handy when I got a cargo box for the roof. I’ve taken the Rogue hunting a few times, once I had to haul a dead deer in the car back to town during November, not a proud moment but it worked. A few hub caps have been lost on dirts roads in the back country.

I found and joined this forum because as most things, necessity is usually the driving force behind looking things up on the internet. A front wheel hub is not sounding normal so I need to change it. I have a proper torque wrench, a breaker bar, the new part, and it's not rocket science.

I read the rules to look for related existing posts rather than just creating a new post so I found some info about replacing wheel hubs & added my questions to those posts.

harvey1687
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S

Hello All,

I just bought 2012 Nissan Rogue S FWD. It only has 50000 KM on it so it should be good for awhile now. No issues as of yet. However, I am looking for aftermarket/made to fit GPS Navi System. So, if anyone has any idea suggestion let me know. I made a special Post for it as well so hope to get a answer shortly. Thanks.

spacekudet
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S, AWD

check ur oil and gasoline. ur probably running out of gas.

Balot004

Hi! 2009 Rogue SL AWD owner here. Forum looks great for a Rogue newbie owner :) see you all around

b-mtrd
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD

Hi,
New to the forum. Just brought home last night a 2015 Rogue SL AWD.
After debating between the typical mazda, ford, toyota and honda decided for this one.

rajthejaswi
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello everyone,

(I posted this intro in 2014 Rogue Owners Intro thread, so I am posting it here again. Apologize for the duplicates)

Bought a 2015 Rogue SL AWD with Premium Package 2 weeks ago. Overall I am just loving it so far.
- All round view is great, I look forward to parking these days, including parallel parking.
- The usage of various tones for alerts is so much better than my old-GPS speaking to me like a school-teacher. Takes only a couple of drives to get used to the various beeps, and it can be turned off too. I think I am becoming a better/safer driver.
- Blind-spot & Moving object alerts are something to die for, I wonder why auto-braking was not considered as a standard/package.
- Speed-based adjustments to wiper-speed and sound-volume: what a joy!

Some things are a bit annoying:
- Doors have the intelligence to auto-lock once you start driving, but don't unlock when you stop and park. They unlock when you turn the engine off, but it's annoying when you are dropping off someone.
- NASA engineered seats are not very comfortable for the passenger side. They cannot be raised, they are a bit too stiff and cause the passenger to slide out over time, the headrest sticks out too much and causes some neck fatigue in long drives.
- Really wish that some things were "always" included in the driver's digital mini-display, like fuel balance, and current speed limit in the navigation.

Hope to get lots of tips/tricks from all of you, and share the ones I come across as well.

guitardr
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Late to this forum...
Bought a 2009 Rogue brought back from a lease to Star Nissan in Niles, IL. 2 years ago.
Good mileage & room for musical gear.
I'll be posting a concern separately about cleaning windshield build-up.
Thanks!

RogueDonut

New Nissan owner here. I first looked at a Rogue a little over a year ago, and finally bit the bullet last weekend. 2014 Rogue Select AWD in Platinum Graphite, I'll be ordering a set of new wheels and factory fog lights for it this weekend, along with removing that awful dealer decal.

At the dealership (The Gotta Have It Green V6 had to get in on the action):

And at it's first fill up tonight:

t35t3r
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello. Got my 2008 SL AWD a couple years ago with the full package. heated Leather Seats, Bose Sound, Alloy wheels. Love it and am thinking of going for a brand new one in the near future.

pitajai61
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL with premium pkg.

Thank you for this new thread, I'll introduce myself.

Got my new ride yesterday, it's a 2015 SL AWD with Premium package, color : white pearl/ Black interior. I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and learned a lot about the car. That helped my decision when I decided to purchase. Thanks to all for posting!

I'm still getting used to the size and high position on the road, but so far so good. I love My Rogue! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :rotfl

rogue1998
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello all. I bought a 2009 Rogue SL in May and I have enjoyed it up until now. It has been awesome and I recently started having some problems with it and found this site. Trying to figure out where I can post about troubleshooting problems?

nabril
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

What's up.
I picked up my 2015 SL with the Premium package 2 weeks ago in Artic Blue with Almond interior. It smells terrific, and, they lost money in my deal. Ha!!
Despite having the 4 cameras, I still twist my body to look behind the car - a habit of 30 years. And I finally stopped reaching for the key to turn the car on and off. I had a Sirius Sportster radio in my previous car (03 Altima) which alerts you of your favorite artists or songs (up to 30) - I truly miss that. And you can manually enter a channel number instead of having to scroll to it. I remain undecided as to what to do once the Sirius trial is over.

I wish Nissan would have installed the Homelink-enabled rearview mirror, instead of having us pay for it after the purchase; I was unaware that one was available, and my salesman didnt even know about it when I asked him about a Homelink option. My previous 03 Altima had it built-in to the visor, so you'd think that any car in 2015 would bring that as well. Oh well.

I took a look at the spare tire compartment, and noticed that the Bose woofer (I guess) sits inside the tire like a rim. Interesting conservation of space, yet it looks cheap. I know they are pushing the Bose brand on most cars, but something tells me that the Bose speakers that cars get are not the same quality as their showroom speakers for the home. Perhaps I am wrong.

I would like to add pictures, but I don't see the option. The IMG button doesnt seem to do anything.

757vbtiger
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

Virginia Beach, VA here. Just bought a 2014 Rogue Select...got an AWESOME deal on it, which is why I went with the Select.

Silver with black interior...awd...that's it. ~3500 miles on it and have a 7 year/ 100,000 mile full wrap warranty.

Surprised at the ride and audio system for being a select.

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

Hello All,

In August 2014, we purchased a new 2014 Rogue SL (AWD) with all the goodies we could muster to replace a 2003 Honda Odyssey minivan (158K before tranny died) as the wife's new ride. I must say that this SUV is very nice and easy to drive. I'm happy with most everything and nitpick some things, but overall I'm pleased :) . We purchased a 120month/120K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty as well.

Best MPG thus far (on E10, 87 octane gas) has been 30.25 MPG highway over a 700 mile trip and mostly ~23 MPG for daily/city driving (which is low IMHO :frown: ). I'm also now running Mobil M1 0W-30 oil. I'm really hoping that by the 10K mile mark with everything "worn in", that the city mileage will come up to close or better than the EPA numbers of 25MPG for the AWD quipped Rogue SL models like ours. Well see.

kcearl
Car: 2012 Rogue SL AWD

Just bought a 2012 SL awd in cayenne red. 45k but not really worried as its my second car, running an 08 Xterra SE too.

I was worried about its power but Ive done the highway/airport dash already and it was fine in sport mode. Paintwork is thin, bose system is noticeably worse than my xterra's Rockford Fosgate system, and its noisy on the road (interior creaks a bit too)...but the engines way smoother than the xterra, brakes are easily better, and its nimble. Sat Navs usable, leather seats are quality, and its got a lot more cabin room than I expected.

I think Im going to enjoy it

gabecasta1
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Hello! I'm a newbie so will have lots of questions

Kris5449
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Hey everyone. Just joined after buying a new '14 rogue. Here's my story.
My Jeep that is heavily upgraded off-road driving became impractical (not to mention undesirable) for a daily driving, so I searched the web for compact and mid-sized SUVs (and awd wagon/sedans) that had the features I like, then compared the ones I found via consumer reports. My final four choices were: Subaru Legacy, Subaru Impreza, Nissan Juke and Nissan Rogue. I went to the Subaru dealer first (due to proximity) and the customer service was so bad I left without even test driving.
Drove to the Nissan dealer, and had much better luck. Tried the Juke, but it was so small I felt like I was trying it on, rather than test driving it.
Tried the Rogue and liked it. Decided to buy one with more features in exchange of 4wd. Still have my Jeep for when weather is awful or awesome so I'm fine with fwd on the rogue. Bought a 2014 in December of 2014 and bought the vehicle the manager had been demoing so I saved a good amount. So far, I'm loving it.

Blueish2
Car: First one - 2015 Cayenne Red Nissan Rogue S. Traded for 2017.5 Gun Metallic Midnight Edition.

Bought my 2015 Cayenne Red S model a week ago. Still under 100 miles on it. This is my 4th Nissan since 2000. I still have my 2001 Xterra I bought new. I had a 2009 Versa, which was traded in on a new 2014 Juke. Loved that Juke! But, someone decided to take out the front end and it was totaled 12/31. Decided I needed something a bit bigger, and we got a good deal on the Rogue.

It's a nice ride and sits almost as high as my Xterra, which is great for our NW PA winters. And I'm still getting used to the backup camera, but I like it!

I'm a bit disappointed that fog lights were not even an option on this model. I have also been unable to find model-specific vent shields for it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”