Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
BCS911
Car: Nissan Rogue AWD SL Premiun

Got an Indigo Blue Sl Premium AWD about a week ago. Toss up between CRV . Gave my son my 2002CRV with 117K on it,hope I have as much luck with this one. Your forum has been helpful. I am going to add the moldings from Sportwing as well as Gentex homelink mirror. My old CRV had the side moldings standard, as neither of these even offer side moldings as an option. I am a bit skittish about the CVT, had this type of tranny in the Subaru Justy in the late Eighties and had some issues. I live In Western Massachusetts and we get some brutal winters.Joe (BCS911)

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Not to worry. We too, had a CRV, (totaled). We've had the Rogue AWD since January through a brutal Midwest late winter. My wife loves the Rogue!!! No issues.....and it looks pretty cool.....Doesn't it? Enjoy!

redroguegal
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hi everyone! I got my Venom Red SL AWD loaded Rogue on Memorial day since the $500 rebate was too good to pass up. I had been looking for a while. My lease on my Acura MDX is up and I tried to trade but since SUV prices plummeted, it was a no go until the lease was up. I looked at the Rogue since it came out and love all the high-tech features in an affordable car. I have been leasing for years but I bought this one. My 11-year old is already claiming it. I won't let my 16-year old go near it. She can drive the Ford ZX2 I bought her on ebay. I love the bluetooth. It is do nice when I am driving to not have to mess with the phone. I also love the keyless key. I need to look in the user's manual and see if it automatically locks when I walk away.

It is so fun to drive and has so much room for a small SUV. I looked at the Equinox and CX-7 too. I was amazed at the bad reviews on yahoo cars compared to the Rogue. Now I just need to decide what to put on my personalized plate!

fleur

After 3 leases on Pathfinders (almost ll years) I finally decided to go smaller although I loved the big boys (I'm a 4' 11' woman of "a certain age"). I live in Manhattan and most of my driving is in the city with weekly forays somewhere usually within 2 hours away. I don't need the hefty tow capacity, third row of seats and the baaad mpg.

I love driving high up and having big cargo space--I'm in the music biz and am often schlepping musicians and their instruments to a gig plus I was just not ready to get into a conservative looking sedan and I'm too short for a sporty car or coupe! Hence my wicked black with black/red leather seats and everything possible package 8 day old Rogue. Not as high as the PF, but way more maneuverable and easier to parellel park (even with the fabled poor rear visibility).

I went car crazy for about a month test driving everything from a VW EOS (my dermatologist nixed that one) to the new Tiguan, Acura RDX (plush but also a gas guzzler at 14mpg), Mazda small SUV (forgot the number, forgettable car), even thought about going for a small BMW or Mercedes...but the affordable ones look tiny.

Had a really bad experience with Koeppel Nissan in Queens...do not go near them! Costco referred a Nissan dealership in Valley Stream (LI) who came through, lease price was higher (but real) and customer treatment and overall experience was stellar, but somehow I didn't notice there was only about a third of a tank of gas when I left there....they got a little chintzy at the end.

Loving my Roguey so far...seems like having a new little brother in the family.

LndByr
Car: 2006 Nissan Titan

Hi fellow Nissan owners. I currently drive a Titan but have been looking strongly at the Rogue. Last job paid all fuel costs new job gives monthly fixed plus mileage so the 13.5MPG in the Titan is a big downer. So drove a Rogue last week at dealer while getting an oil change , and really liked it.

Decided to stop by here to get all the inside skinny on actual mileage.

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Thanks all for providing such useful Rogue reading.

Just got a Phantom White SL w/Premium. Mileage is running between 33 and 34 mpg for 70/30 hwy/city on Yoko Avid tires for the first couple of tankfuls.

I realize that MPG figure is high, but we're not hypermiling at all. Just driving by focusing ahead. Staying at or above speed limits (65-70) on interstate. using regular fuel, altitude is around 5,600 MSL. Relying on auto mode in CVT, except for when in the twisties or hills. We usually do much better on MPG than EPA numbers. No tricks. Just pay attention and the Rogue should be one of the better MPG crossovers, especially as you actually have seven speeds in the gearbox (or should that be pulleybox).

One thing to watch for that's mentioned by some Rogue owners: the nozzle pressure shutoff valve at some stations may trigger early on the Rogue. This will provide misleading MPG data, of course.

Re the tires The original Continental 4x4 Contacts have hardly any tread depth and are very loud. For example, I measured tires on four Rogues at dealership, all Conti 4x4 Contacts and the deepest tread was 7/32!! Ours were 6 at delivery of 19 miles on the ODO. Avids started at 16/32. So, if ou want decent wear life, trade out of the Contis, IMO. And if you get a good trade, the new skins will pay for themselves, provided they wear decently. the ride in the Avids is much better. based on tread configuration, I'd guess that light snow traction will be better, too.

Lindbyr,

IMO, the Rogue provides a good combination of benefits and tradeoffs for a small utility ride. However, depending on how rugged your utility needs are for the interior, there's a lot of cloth in there in places where cargo will get to. For ranch work, we liked our old RAV4 since it was mostly easily cleaned plastic in the cargo areas. Didn't like the RAVs comfort quotient, but it does offer advantages in speed and power for light trailering, all for about the same operating economy. However, it is pricier to buy and nowhere as much fun to drive as the Rogue.

IMO, the Rogue is a good choice for cost-effective small utility, if a truck isn't really required.

Fleur

Good to se another muso up here! we do the schlepp thing a lot, too. Like how i can get all my keyboards, amps, stands, etc, etc, in the R.

Modified by roguetoad at 9:34 AM 6/11/2008

huknpuff
Car: 08 Rouge SL AWD

08 SL AWD with moonroof just got it. hitch coming friday 4 bike rack saturday. I'm the same huknpuff from some NE bike forums in case anyone cares.

oops kinda big

Modified by huknpuff at 10:59 AM 6/12/2008

philipa_240sx

Welcome to all the latest forum members! I hope you are enjoying your stay here.

foxystar823
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Hi! I am in the process of buying my new Rogue TODAY : ) I had a very interesting experience while trying to purchase this car.

The first few dealerships that I went to had practically NO clue what they were talking about. I found that I knew more about the car than they did and that just did not make me feel comfortable. Not to mention being a single woman trying to buy a car by herself was like walking into a shark tank! Anyways I finally found a dealership that was very helpful and informed, however they didn't have the exact model with the specs that I wanted. They said that they found 1 car that matched my description and that they would find out the next day if it was available. Then they kept trying to change my color choice and I was not willing to compromise. A new car is a big deal and it should be EXACTLY what I want right? So the next day I come to find out that the car I wanted was not available anymore and they told me that my ONLY option was to order it exactly from Nissan and that it would take 6 weeks. The very same day I go on CarsDirect.com and in minutes was able to find not only the car that I wanted, but it came with all of these additional features that I wasn't going to get originally. For some reason the price turned out to be almost 2,000 less than what the dealership was asking! I am now working with the dealer over the phone to arrange everything and they will be able to deliver the car to me later today!

Hopefully everything works out....I will post pics later. : )

cdmuile

You're right. A new car should be EXACTLY like you want!! There are many dealers out there. Shop around and be patient......but firm. Nissan always sends out a dealer grading form after you purchase the vehicle. Be sure your dealer knows that you know about this form. A Positive response on this form is very, very important to the dealer. Hope it goes well for you.

foxystar823
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Here are a couple of photos of my new Rogue!!! All of the purchase was done over the phone and within 3 hours had the car delivered from north of Orlando to my door (in Pompano Beach). The paperwork took not even 10 minutes once they got there. They handed me the keys and then took my trade away! What a great process : )

SL AWDPremium PackageLeather PackageChrome GrillMoon Roof/DeflectorRear SpoilerBumper ProtectorSplash GuardsCrossbarsTow Package

alvam
Car: 2008 Rouge SL AWD with Premium Package

First time Nissan and/or Datsun owner for me. Did as much research as possible for this and feel good about my choice. Live in Colorado (Rocky Mountain High) by way of California/Washington.

Purchasing:Black Rogue SL AWDGrey Cloth InteriorPremium PackageFloor MatsRear Bumper GuardSplash GuardsKickplates

Will add on:Rear Wind DeflectoriPod Cable

Reason for purchase:Kids first car (I know I have heard all the WTF comments) and the wife and I wanted a very safe car that looked great for him while he commutes to college.

Nakiskafam

Hello all. We live just outside Vancouver, BC and just bought a brand new SL AWD. It's Iridium Graphite, and is a welcome vehicle for my wife after driving an MPV for 4 years, and guzzling a lot of gas in the meantime. We've got a factory installed hitch, and other than that it's pretty much stock. We're looking forward to getting some crossbars, but I'm looking through the forum first to see the pros/cons of the factory bars vs. Thule or Yakima etc. Cheers.

ShawnQ
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black

Picked up a Wicked Black SL AWD a few weeks back! Traded my 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Off-Road Diesel for it...Although I'm not happy to be without a truck, the Rogue is great on fuel!

The Rogue has the following:LeatherSatellite radioSunroofCross bars on the rackManumatic CVT optionFloor matsCargo Cover

Hopefully these AWD Transmission problems get resolved - wish I would've seen that PRIOR to buying

cdmuile

What AWD transmission problems? I must have missed that.

ShawnQ
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black

Take a look at the 'I think I heard a transmission rattle' thread...

SQ

STEPHENIASROGUE
Car: NISSAN ROGUE AWD FULLY LOADED

Hello to all of my fellow Rogue lovers! I am the very happy owner of a silver ice AWD SL model with grey leather interior. Mine came fully loaded with of course the leather package, moonroof package, splashguards and AWD premium package. I test drove many of the competitor vehicles in this class. The CRV was nice, but the styling wasn't what I was wanting and the seats were not as comfortable. Also, the gear selector was in a funny akward spot. Additionally, it didn't have bluetooth as an option at all. The Rav 4 was nice, but, it felt cheap inside! I spent so much time researching and the Rogue won out based on a number of factors: bluetooth, xm, AWD, better gas milage than most of the competition, comfy interior, cool c***-pit layout and a smooth drive. The smart key is pretty cool, and, I just love the look of the vehicle! I live in central Illinois and the Nissan dealer had around 10 Rogues in stock but I have only seen a handfull on the roads. Yes, it pains me a bit to have traded in my 2005 Corolla that only had 120K miles on it - gas milage rocked - but, as a mother of a 5 year old and a college student (getting my bachlors in Environmental Sciences and I work full time for a high-end sunglass company) I needed something larger, safe, decent on gas milage and able to withstand haveing a lot of miles put on it. Safety was another huge issue for me. I was hit in my Corolla by some jerk who decided it was a "smart" idea to pass another vehicle when I was turning from an intersection - he was going 70 mph and ran into the ditch and then popped back up and took out my whole entire passenger side. Airbags didn't deploy though, Corolla stood up VERY well! My son and I were unharmed. Then, a year later I hit a deer and took out my driver side, but, car still stood up, only had $5K of damage! So, safety for those crazy things that happen in life was a must.

Long story short, i LOVE MY ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!

luism1978
Car: 2008 2WD Nissan Rogue SL Wicked Black

'08 Rogue SL 2WD Wicked BlackOptions: 2WD Premium Package, splash guardsFuture accessories and mods: Running boards, spoiler, chrome grill, chrome window moldings, etc.

Love my new Rogue, got it last week on Friday the 13th at a great deal. This forum helped immensely on my decision to purchase this car. Will post pics soon!

arsabo
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Iridium Graphite, Leather, Moonroof

So nice to finally be able to post here in the new owners thread! Just joined the owners club two days ago.

I am the immensely proud new owner of a Iridium Graphite (coolest color EVER!) SL Rogue with AWD, premium package, black leather (love the red top stitching), moonroof, crossrails, and bumper protector. I think that's it -- you couldn't ask for more.

I've been in love with the Rogue ever since I first saw the commercials last November. Such a pretty vehicle. I was worried it was just a crush, that I wasn't being objective when I thought nothing else compared, but my boss said "it's been six months, it's love". I must say I agree with her.

I picked the Rogue over... nothing else. I could have kept driving my 2000 Kia Sportage, and I must admit I felt guilty about trading it in since it never left me stranded and still ran fine, but my love for the Rogue finally overcame me. I kept thinking about being able to use regular unleaded (instead of the "plus" I had to put in my Kia -- the manual called for it and it ran like crap without it), and better gas mileage. If I get just 26 mpg in the Rogue, I'll save $60 per month in gasoline alone. Everything kept getting more and more appealing, and I hadn't even driven it yet. Finally I was at the dealership to get an oil change in another vehicle, and said "where are the Rogues?" I had checked their inventory online, knew what was there, and picked my car ahead of time. Afterwards, I said "thanks for the test drive, I'll let you know soon if I want it." I wasn't initially going for the moonroof or leather -- AWD and premium package were all that I wanted. But the more I thought about it, the more I figured I deserved the moonroof - it would be fun - and you needed the leather to get the heated seats. I was able to hold off until I had a quote from another dealer (an hour away), then called the salesman (internet sales) and said, "Okay, how much?" He gave me a lower price ($200 over invoice), and I said "I'll be there Thursday."

So on Wednesday, I downloaded the owner's manual and read the whole thing cover to cover. Okay, I'll admit I skipped the 50 pages (slight exaggeration) about child safety seats since it does not apply, but I knew everything else about the Rogue -- more than the salesman.

I had read almost every review about the Rogue, but somehow missed the transmission rattle bit. Unfortunately for me, AWD is a requirement since I work for the US Postal Service and I'm required to be at work in all sorts of weather. Hopefully my new baby will not have issues, but if so, I figure I deal with it until Nissan has a fix. I love it too much to care about a rattle.

kimmiehime
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

Hi, my name is Kimmie. I literally just purchased a Nissan Rogue S 8 hours ago in Phantom White. It's being transferred now, though. I can't wait to see it =)

Reddobie
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue

On June 14th, I bought my new 2008 Rogue, I traded in my 2000 GMC Sierra 1500.

SL AWD.Indigo BlueGrey Cloth InteriorPremium PackageFloor MatsRear Bumper GuardSplash GuardsCrossbarsTow Package

Roguemeister

Just bought my new Rogue last Friday and pick it up on Tuesday. Traded in my 2007 VW Eos hardtop convertible. Thats OK, I also have a 2008 Maxda MX-5 Miata PRHT and that will be my summer car; the Rogue will be my winter ride. The Rogue is fully loaded and is Airstream silver with black leather interior.

Direwolf
Car: Nissan Rogue

Having had a sporty Nissan and a Jeep when living in Philadelphia, then selling them since we didnt need a vehicle in center city Philly, we were overwhelmed and beyond excited to make our Gotham Gray Rogue purchase this weekend! yay!

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

Long time Nissan owner, 92 Stanza, 2002 Maxima, 2005 Pathfinder and now 2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black with everything. So far so good like it and is pretty comfortable. This will be wife's car as I still like my WRX too much. Glad I found this forum.- Trokita

philipa_240sx

Welcome to all our latest members!

MommaRogue
Car: 02 Echo......wanting a Rogue

I drive a 02 Toyota Echo and I am looking to buy a 08 SL AWD Rogue with all the bells and whistles!!!! We have been in twice to test drive it and loved it even more the second time Took out the CRV did not like it, also took out the Forester; again didn't like it. Took out the Rav4 but they only had it in a 6 cyl and I want a 4 banger (not getting rid of the Echo to pay a lot more gas, giving it up for more room). But the more I think about it I really like the Rogue and I find it has a lot more bells and whistles....still shopping but hope to have the keys in my hot little hands in a couple weeks

cdmuile

Stop shopping!! You've found your soul mate. Buy it and post pictures for us. Of course, any color but white would be acceptable. Would hate to hear you lost after the first Yukon snow storm

MommaRogue
Car: 02 Echo......wanting a Rogue

LOL I do agree this is a sweet ride I don't mind the white at all,but the man likes Carbon Silver. They have 5 in town, white, red, Orange Alloy. Airstream and black but no loaded ones Will have to see how long it will take to get one here......

RUCSAC
Car: Mazda B2500

Hi guys, been lurking around for the last few weeks-GREAT forum. Well I am still looking/gathering information. I started out with a list of about six vehicles and now I am down to three with a definite lean towards the Rogue. As yet have not been for a test drive so I have one stupid question for you guys- I am 6'5'' will I fit comfortably, especially if I go with a sun roof? Also, here in the Peoples Glorious Republic of Connecticut I have only seen two Rogues on the road, unless a lot of those Muranos were not, are Rogues as popular as this forum says?

cdmuile

Not so popular yet, but remember, they just became available late last year. Earlier in Canada I believe. We've had ours since January and couldn't be happier. It was a really s***** winter here in Iowa and the Rogue performed flawlessly.

Return to “Rogue Forum”