Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mj
Car: Rogue SL

Hello everyone, picked up my Rogue this week. White, SL FWD, Canadian version. I have been reading this forum for some time, it has been a great help to make a decision as I have been considering Honda CRV, andToyota RAV4. I decided to go with Rogue. Love it. Switched from 96 Nissan Altima, served me very well, made 225K on it in 12 years.

mtngal
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD, previous Xterra, Sentra, Maxima

Hi Everyone! Purchased a Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, 3 weeks ago and love it! I've owned a Maxima, Sentra, Xterra. After having had Chevy's and Fords in the past, I can't imagine ever having anything but a Nissan again.The Rogue will have its' first big road test coming up over the Memorial Day weekend. I'll be driving from Harpers Ferry, WV to Indianapolis for the big race! Can't wait.

I'm also looking forward to spending some more time on this site.

aikman808
Car: 2004 GMC Yukon, 2008 Scion xB, 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi Everyone,

I FINALLY picked up my Rogue last Friday after the worse buying experience i've ever had. Venom Red, AWD, Premium Pkg, Moonroof Pkg, Leather Pkg (black leather/red stitching), etc. After driving it all weekend, all I can say is.....I LOVE IT!!!

This is the first nissan that i've owned and it definitely won't be the last. We currently have 2 Scion xBs, just traded in a GMC Yukon for the Rogue (oldest kid off to college, two little ones left, didn't need the big SUV an the Rogue has more than enough cargo room for our needs).

Still waiting for the dealership to install the roof rail crossbars and the rear bumper protector, but other than that, I couldn't be happier with our decision to buy the Rogue.

philipa_240sx

Welcome to all our latest members. I hope you are enjoying the forum!

afier1948
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hi All,

I purchased my Rogue about a month ago and I'm loving it. It replaced my 2004 Jeep Liberty and I'm glad I did given the rising gas prices. I am getting 25 mpg city/highway driving. My Rogue is Carbon Silver and came equipped with SL AWD, splash guards, moonroof package, floor mats, premium package, wheel locks and roof racks. I've added rear bumper guard, chrome kick plates, backup camera, locking gas cap, Curt Class II hitch, and Professional Wiring's T-Connector. I think the Rogue is a fun CUV. The Rogue is my winter and bad weather vehicle. My summer vehicle is a 2007 Saturn Sky.

myk_lam
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD and 2003 Altima 2.5 SL

I just bought a silver 2008 Rogue SL AWD with gray leather interior, moonroof package, and premium package. It will be my wife's everyday car and our trip car (we are leaving today for a 12 hour trip in the new Rogue). We live in Springdale AR and are getting 25mpg in mixed driving so far, hoping to get a little better on the trip. I also own a 2003 Altima 2.5SL, sea spray exterior with black leather interior that I found used last year in perfect shape with only 33K on it.

philipa_240sx

Welcome myk_lam and afier1948!

myk_lam, I hope the Altima is working well for you. The Rogue and Altima share different generations of the same QR25DE motor. The newer version in the Rogue has higher compression, a different intake (no more butterfly valves), and a revised balancer system. IMHO it's a smoother running unit that the previous version.

theczecho

Girlfriend bought at Rogue AWD in November. She loves the car, but she's finding a couple of things that bother her. Since she knows next to nothing about cars, it is now my job to see if anyone else has the same problems.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

And the problems would be.................?

Orphanedcowboy
Car: Nissan Rogue SL

New Silver Ice 2wd SL, just joined today

JoJoVee
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Phantom White SL 2WD

I purchased a Phantom White Rogue SL 2wd in March. Gray cloth interior, moonroof w/deflector, paddle shifters, Bose stereo system w/ XM radio, splash guards, floor mats, & roof rails.My gas milage has been averaging between 25-26 mpg's. Mostly hwy driving. I've been pleased since I was expecting it to be lower. The Rogue is a cool vehicle. It's just the right size. The seats are pretty comfortable. I especially love the stereo system. On my long drives I rock out!

Rogue Mama

Hi Rogue Friends!I picked up my SL AWD Iridium Graphite Rogue on May 7th and LOVE it! I've got the Premium package (red/black leather) and Technology package with moon-roof. I had to wait for a few weeks to get the color - but it was well worth the wait. I LOVE everything about it!

Also just received the side mouldings and bumper protector that we ordered out of the U.S. to add on but haven't got them on yet. Maybe this week!?

I've seen many (every color) around Edmonton here - so they're clearly becoming very popular!

jdog27

Hello Hello. I am about 4 days from purchasing a Rogue myself. Its taken me 6 years to save up 25k cash for a new car and I've narrowed it down to the Rogue. If it is as good as it looks on paper and the test drive I've done then I will be set.

pammy
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Orange Alloy

After driving 3 different Saabs for the past 12 years, I bought my first SUV 4 days ago.... a 2008 Rogue SL AWD. Premium Package with Moonroof.Orange Alloy with Black cloth. I think the Orange is a love it or hate it color, and I love it ! As far as cloth seats go, the Rogues cloth seats on the SL are pretty sporty looking. I commute 100 miles a day round trip to work and have to go in even in big snow storms, so I thought it was about time to switch to a AWD, but never saw any SUV's that had good enough mileage. The Rogue is pretty good on gas mileage, and the styling is beautiful, so I made the jump. Pam

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

You "Gods Frozen People" up there, seem to have recognized a remarkable automobile long before us in the U.S. Midwest. Here in Iowa, I've seen two, maybe three Rogues. Marketing maybe? This Rogue is as close as you can get with a "Cute Utility Vehicle (CUV)" to a European sports sedan! Try to keep your foot off that right pedal.......It'll just get you tickets!!!

eric_c

*Edited to say

Thought I was posting in the new member thread, but ended up out here in the general area. Won't let me delete - not sure if the mods can move the post?*

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I will be picking up our Rogue this Thursday. We ended up with a Silver SL AWD with the premium package. Vehicle is to replace our dear old 1996 Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has served us well as our dog-hauler (4 dogs), winter driver, and getting us to/from the cottage every weekend. But, the rust is starting to get to her, things are starting to go, and its getting hard to justify spending money to fix something worth $1000.

We were originally planning on buying another used Pathfinder, 02-04 with 100K or so on the clock, and had saved up our pennies to the end but gas prices have really started to worry us. Going to the 3.5VQ would mean premium gas and low 20 MPG gas mileage, which would likely $80-$100/week in gas just to go to the cottage and back. Got to thinking that instead of buying another used vehicle, take the money we had saved and plunk it down as a downpayment on something new and see what the lease payments come out at. Talked to Smiths Falls Nissan where we bought our Z and was able to work out $130/month tax-in for 3 yeare lease on Rogue SL AWD with Premium they had in stock. Figure I'm going to save at least that much in gas vs. a 02-04 Pathfinder, so its pretty much a wash. Plus, no repair bills while its under warranty. Maybe another $500~$750/year if the current Pathfinder is any indication.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Rogue. Was much nicer inside than I expected, and handled nicely. CVT will take some getting used to. Wife really likes it too, which is good, since she needs something to drive in the winter when the weather dictates that the Z has to stay in the garage. She was adamant about heated seats this time around. A locking center diff should be useful for those really bad snow days. I know in my STi locking the center diff makes a big difference when slowly navigating an unplowed road.

Anyhow, look forward to getting to know you guys.
Modified by eric_c at 7:08 AM 5/27/2008

jhk_rogue

Hi all,

Well after looking at the Rogue since before Christmas, I finally bought one over the weekend. I had the "crossover SUV" field narrowed down to either a Forester or the Rogue.

I first drove the Rogue last year. I had looked at the car in the showroom, then one day we had fresh snow, so I called up the dealer and asked to test drive it. I was very impressed.

When they finally had rebates this past weekend, I took the car home for the night to test it out a bit. Bought it the next day.

I must say that this discussion group has provided alot of good information that influenced my decision. Thanks.

philipa_240sx

eric_c wrote:*Edited to sayThought I was posting in the new member thread, but ended up out here in the general area. Won't let me delete - not sure if the mods can move the post?
Your post has been moved. Welcome to the forums!

SimLex
Car: Wicked Black SL AWD

Hi everyone!

After spending a couple of weeks on this forum gathering lots of info, I now have a SL AWD, Wicked Black Rogue, with moonroof and premium package. I've had it only about a week and a half, but am LOVING it!

I'm trying to get used to not sitting as high, since my previous car was a Jeep Liberty.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for being so helpful!

reefshark
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue SL Venom Red

Hi,

I just got my new Rogue on Friday. I must say that I really like it. I was totally sold on a CRV a week ago, then I decided to look at a Rogue. Well when I saw the black/red cloth interior, I was really interested. Then I saw I could get the premium stereo and XM radio for about the same as a CRV that I would have to replace the stereo and still add xm I was sold. This is really a fun car to drive and the paddle shifters make it even more fun. I got this to replace my 97 Pathfinder, which I really loved. It was really reliable and had 115K miles on it. Hopefully I get a similiar experience with this one.

Thanks,Mark

sarahwcu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hi! I'm Sarah. I'm brand new. I just bought a Rogue on Monday. It's wicked black, with the keyless/blue tooth package. Also a Bose stereo. I love it so much! So far my gas milage only says 15mpg.. hum.. seems from what I read it should go way up. I did just get it and I'm only half way through my first tank of gas, so too early to tell!

Oh, also its an SL AWD

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum!

Your gas mileage will improve after the first few tanks and a few thousand miles.

Enjoy!

Ramoth
Car: 2008 Rogue

Aloha y'all,

I've been reading this forum for months now ... so I figured it's time to join the family. I've had my Rogue since last November and love it more every day. I got the plain S model cause I didn't want the racks on top ... didn't want leather ... didn't want moonroof ... etc. We have out big truck to tow the boat and other stuff so didn't need AWL. But I knew I wanted the Rogue the first time I saw it ... didn't even test drive anything else. I was the same way when I bought my 1993 Altima in 1992. Love at first sight. The reason I went from an Altima to the Rogue was the height. Now that I'm officially an "old woman" (in my 60's) it's not so easy to climb out of the Altima every day. But I've been a Nissan (or Datsun) girl for almost 30 years so it just wouldn't seem right to drive anything else ... and I couldn't really part with that old Altima ... so we "sold" it to our oldest son who lives about an hour away ... so I can still see her once in a while when he comes to visit.

My Rogue is fantastic. I've got just over 1,200 miles on her in just under seven months. My buying experience was amazing ... the price I finally whittled them down to was super ... and the salesman went out of his way to make sure everything was exactly like I wanted ... he even came to my house to pick her up and take her in for the rustproofing/undercoating ... brought me a loaner ... and brought her back the next day. Living on a tiny island in the middle of the Pacific makes is pretty difficult to stay in business if you don't treat your customers like family.

So ... if there's anyone thinking about a Rogue ... but now quite sure ... go ahead and take the plunge. Besides being dependable and reliable, they're also fun to drive!

cycomom
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD, Iridium Graphite

Hello everyone,I just found this forum today and look forward to reading comments and experiences. I bought my Rogue in late December, SL AWD. Please bear with me, I really haven't done forums or message boards.
Modified by cycomom at 7:55 AM 5/30/2008

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Hello Roguies,

Happy owner of a 2008 iridium graphite SL FWD Rogue (the basic one, no premium package,... some mods coming) since April 17th, and already 3.600 kms (long commute ...but in a Rogue ).

I am from another Rogue forum but there are a lot of references to yours so about one month ago, I started reading a lot from here.

I learned a lot (like how to do an oil change on a rogue ) and hope I will be of some help to some of you if I can.

Because of all that, I decided to join .

philipa_240sx

Welcome to all our newest members!

Venom_Rogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hello all!

I just finished purchasing a brand new 2008 Venom Red Rogue S 2wd

It was the only one I could afford, lol. I really liked the loaded SL with premium package,but the price was really out of my league.

These were the options included:

Factory floor mats and trunk matsAluminum door sill protectorsSplash guardsTrunk guardFactory Tint job2 Full tanks of gas1 free oil change

all for 21k OTD!!!

My future modification will be:

Nissan or Infiniti 18-20" factory alloysRear SpoilerSide GuardsChrome Grill

I will get pictures up later!

bmeck16
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue, Phantom White

I just purchased my new Phantom White Rogue S 2WD on Saturday night. I'm so glad I found this forum! I've been reading these posts all week ...You've really helped me with my decision to buy. Thanks!

RandySue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have been reading this board for a while, but just purchased my 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD on May 30, 2008. It is Iridium Graphite, with the Premium Package, Moonroof Package, Rear Bumper protector, and Mud Flaps. It is my first automatic car in 30 years and I'm still trying to get my left foot to relax:-) So far, I love my Rogue. This will give away my age, but her name is Foxy because she looks like "Purple Haze," and was named after "Foxy Lady" from the same Jimi Hendrix album.

scott02x
Car: 2008 SL Indigo Blue

Hello, we just purchased a 2008 Indigo Blue AWD SL Rogue with premium package. Traded in a 2006 Xterra. Fuel price and poor mileage was the end of the Xterra. It was down to the 2009 Subaru Forester and the Rogue. The only advantage of the Forester was the rear visability. The Rogue drove better, had better gas mileage, had more power, more options for the money,and it was a nissan. I have ordered a hitch and bug deflector for the first upgrade.

Return to “Rogue Forum”