Are you looking to Bag Your VIP?

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

So what bout my Y33.....

youngq45r
Car: Red 1993 Infiniti Q45- Was Granny Driven Perfect... Until I got T Boned...

WHat type of struts does the y33 have?

PantherRacer

Should be MacPherson struts.If Need be I can source S-Chassis coilovers to throw on.

youngq45r

The universal Mcpherson Air Struts will fit the standered Y33 - Q45 not the Q45 T.Unforentualy the stock Y33 suspinsion even on air will not get that low it will still ride smooth on air but if you want to get extremly low you must first swap everything over to S14. I have a friend in the process of doing the S14 conversion right now. I will keep you posted.

PantherRacer

So what are the price ranges between the two?

youngq45r

Your looking at $1448.66 + shipping with the air management system, without any struts. To give you a price on the struts i need to know if your going to do the s14 conversion or just use the Mcpherson Struts. And if it is a Q45 T or not.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

there's a whole lot of bad info in this thread.

there are 2 proven bolt in options for infinitis.

1) universal air suspension (brand name). their aero sport bags are designed to work over stock/aftermarket struts/coilovers. f50's will use a regular bag in the rear. this is the more cost effective option and requires a little bit of custom work and a little more for enhanced stance.

2) airrunner. which is a bolt in affair and costs more.

the (easy street only) chapman option has been done but is much better suited for custom shop installation than diy. i personally would not sell these to anybody who did not specifically ask for them.

anything other than these brands i would not buy/sell/recommend.

q's can go low on oem suspension.

chapman struts have nothing to do with upper control arms. a chapman strut is simply a non-pivoting version of the macpherson design (read: rear).
Modified by BLACKonBLACK98 at 10:17 PM 3/7/2009

Haitian_King
Car: 1992 Black Infiniti Q45 /w TCS
1995 Black Infiniti Q45

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:there's a whole lot of bad info in this thread.

1) universal air suspension (brand name). their aero sport bags are designed to work over stock/aftermarket struts/coilovers. f50's will use a regular bag in the rear. this is the more cost effective option and requires a little bit of custom work and a little more for enhanced stance.

the (easy street only) chapman option has been done but is much better suited for custom shop installation than diy. i personally would not sell these to anybody who did not specifically ask for them.

chapman struts have nothing to do with upper control arms. a chapman strut is simply a non-pivoting version of the macpherson design (read: rear).

Thanks for the info!

timderiksen
Car: 1998 Q45t-wanna be cima

where can i get bags to bag my 98 q45t

youngq45r

BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:there's a whole lot of bad info in this thread.

Yes, It is true that there are other options to bagging your Q. The Universal Ari Suspension will work. And yes it will be cheaper than Air struts, But you will be paying close to the same amount as the struts, but will still be using an OEM shock that may or may not have a lot of miles on it. Also, using the standared bag in the back you will have increased amounts of body roll, meaning not as good handleing.

I will Admit that i have never heard of Air runner, tho i will be checking into them.

And as for the description of the chapman strut, i was mearly explaining that the easyest way do determin if you have champan struts or mcpherson struts is to see if you have an upper control arm or not. Chapman struts use an upper control armMcpherson struts do not use an upper control arm.

youngq45r

timderiksen wrote:where can i get bags to bag my 98 q45t
I can certainly supply you with everything you need to bag your Q.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

what i'm saying is you should only be using the u.a.s. bags or airunner (or in circumstances where someone experienced is doing the install, easy street made "chapman"). you have neglected to mention any brands and there's a lot of crap out there.

as far as the mcpherson/chapman thing, what i am sayin is that you are incorrect. q45's have mcpherson fronts and g50s/y33s have uca's. that is not an accurate way to tell if you have chapman or mcpherson. in fact you're front strut WILL NOT be a chapman, in 99.99% of cars made. "chapman" air struts do not include upper mounts which is what differentiates mcpherson from chapman, so it's just a name. when you put the oem front strut mounts on the "chapman" air strut it is in fact a mcpherson because the mount allows the strut to rotate when turning. the same strut with a rear mount will be a true chapman and is not designed to rotate. that is the difference.

timderiksen

youngq45r wrote:
I can certainly supply you with everything you need to bag your Q.
How much are we looking at??

email me at [email protected]

drivnovrdaedge
Car: 1969 datsun 510

so if i were to swap out my (y33) whole suspension to s14 ... what setup will you offer?

timderiksen

for got to mentions my front strut and spindle are one piece so i wouldn't replace the strut just put the bag in where the spring goes right

kingpin
Car: 2004 M 45

prices please or connections for bags for y 34

kingpin
Car: 2004 M 45

bags for a Y34

mrinfinitim
Car: 07 infiniti m35x

he bro what's up... i have an 06 m35x and i want to bag mine is it possible on th awd model. i love the slammed look. thanks.

Return to “VIP Forum”