Are the Detroit Lions for real?

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

alms24sebring wrote:Go Giants! :nutkick

me>> :slap: <<alms24sebring

come on man....

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

LOL! yeah.. you heard right. I have to do it.

alms24sebring

orangeNblue wrote:
alms24sebring wrote:Go Giants! :nutkick

me>> :slap: <<alms24sebring

come on man....

orangeNblue

lol...I give up on the pats....tom brady is now a professional choke artist...they have ocho cinco yet they don't use the deep threat at all....

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:lol...I give up on the pats....tom brady is now a professional choke artist...they have ocho cinco yet they don't use the deep threat at all....
Choke artists don't usually get their teams into multiple SuperBowls, as Mr. Bundchen's done. IMHO the Pats and their fans have nothing to be ashamed about. It would not surprise me to see them make another SuperBowl appearance in the next year or two.

orangeNblue

kinda all for nothing if you don't win tho....belichick has dropped the ball in the last couple years with his defense. I am kinda pissed too bc they get ocho cinco and then don't use him as a deep threat at all...i mean at all!! you know he can catch but they keep calling conservative plays. He used to be a coach guru, mastermind, whatever genius term you want to put in there, but I think people have him figured out. The pats could be great but for some reason they don't finish (choke artist)....

I think the new team to watch is the 49ers. They will be exceptional new year, especially if they can puck up some new depth in their secondary. A better QB would've put a ring harbaugh's finger his first year there...maybe brady should beg to retire there. Prolly have a chance to actual get a superbowl ring one last time.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:kinda all for nothing if you don't win tho....belichick has dropped the ball in the last couple years with his defense. I am kinda pissed too bc they get ocho cinco and then don't use him as a deep threat at all...i mean at all!! you know he can catch but they keep calling conservative plays. He used to be a coach guru, mastermind, whatever genius term you want to put in there, but I think people have him figured out. The pats could be great but for some reason they don't finish (choke artist)....

I think the new team to watch is the 49ers. They will be exceptional new year, especially if they can puck up some new depth in their secondary. A better QB would've put a ring harbaugh's finger his first year there...maybe brady should beg to retire there. Prolly have a chance to actual get a superbowl ring one last time.
I agree. I heard rumors that Peyton Manning could land in SF, which would be very interesting.

I'm no Iggle fan but I think the Eagles will be more dangerous next season if they don't make any big changes, except at backup QB. (Vince Young was not the answer). Their fans still scream for Reid's head (despite being their best coach ever), but they have a lotta talent and began to gel late in the season.

orangeNblue

I really thought the Eagles would be good this year, but I think they have too much of a good thing. In the NFL, "great" teams are never really made of the "best" players. I think on paper they look great, heck statistically they look awesome, but in reality they just don't flow. Vince is getting too old to be the player he used to be. His prime has passed him by, which is the same way I feel about Peyton. He needs to think about his family and his future and just retire, become a QB coach and enjoy life from the sidelines.

I doubt Harbaugh would try to trade for him. I believe there's a better chance that he'll give up a couple picks and alex smith for Luck....just using an example I really don't think he'd do this either.

Next year I think the teams to watch for will be the Bengals and the 49ers. Bengals should pick up a few players to help them on defense and heck if they could get another great wide out and a descent running back they could prolly make it to the superbowl. Just a wild prediction but I think it's completely possible.

alms24sebring

Yeah thats the coolest part about football, unpredictability. I mean look at this thread title, they were like 5-0 at one point. The Colts won only a single game this year and the Giants beat the Pats again in the rematch (yes!).

Speaking of the Colts, I dont know if I mentioned this before but Skins people are talking about picking up Payton Manning. To me, thats the biggest facepalm I have ever facepalmed in the history of all facepalms. If we actually do pick him up, itll be worse than the destruction of McNabb's legacy. I mean cmon guys, picking up an severely injured QB who one tackle away from being paralyzed, been away from football for 19 months now I think I heard, and now they wanna probly pay him a fortune and a half to attempt to take the Skins to the post season atleast. I see an atomic bomb going off on this one. Nothing good can come of it, just another legendary franchise player being demolished by the bastard that thinks he can buy fame. /rant

PS: there needs to be a BS football chat thread lol

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Hmmm. I think the Redskins could use a stronger QB as the other 3 teams in their division already have them. Shanahan seems to prefer experienced QB's, plus it would be kinda cool to have Peyton facing his brother twice per year.
But if Washington doesn't land Peyton, who should be their starting QB?

bundy26
Car: 2011 Buick Regal turbo

RG III

orangeNblue

Washington will prolly trade up for RG3 if the Browns don't do it first

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

orangeNblue wrote:Washington will prolly trade up for RG3 if the Browns don't do it first
Yeah, I can see them chasing RG3 too, but I can't see Shanahan starting a rookie QB. Redskin fans would know far better than me, but I kinda see Shanahan getting a seasoned veteran QB to groom RG3 before feeding him the NFC East wolves. Similar to what Coughlin did in NY during Eli's rookie year by starting the season with Kurt Warner and shifting over. Perhaps Rex Grossman will be considered the seasoned vet, I don't know.

alms24sebring

I would like to see RG3. Grossman is a f***ing bum! If they actually do pick up Peyton, Im ganna put a flexible pipe from my muffler thru my window like in Bad Santa (couldnt find pic). I dont have a cat either so it will be extra slow and painful. I dont know Shanahan that well but itll be the last straw if they dont do something worth while, and NOT destroy other player's franchised careers in trying to buy fame. So what if RG is a rookie, he's good. He might not get to the playoffs the first year but that doesnt mean dumping him the next.

bundy26
Car: 2011 Buick Regal turbo

The QB is not the only problem with the skins, what happened to colt brennan? Really liked him in HI.

orangeNblue

I say that there are two teams that have a pretty good chance at getting Peyton (though he should just retire) and those are the Dolphins and the Jets. Jets are known to go try and grab a veteran QB (whole Favre incident) and the Dolphins offer the best environment for Peyton to move. Up and coming offensive linemen, and of course, a great place to retire (florida, ha). One thing is for sure, Luck will be a Colt.

I honestly think that the Redskins will either wait until 2nd or 3rd to pick up a rookie QB and just shoot for someone who's got a vet as a backup. The Browns will trade up for RG3.

My dream is the Belichick will trade up and get Justin Blackmon to give Brady a deep threat to go to. Then work some miracle and get some freckin talent in the secondary!! But tis just a dream

alms24sebring

bundy26 wrote:The QB is not the only problem with the skins, what happened to colt brennan? Really liked him in HI.
Yeah but the QB is giving us the most failure at this point.

I dont know we will just have to see draft day. Someone posted on FB that Peyton was confirmed for the Skins. God, I hopes thats a lie. I didnt see anything online.

Return to “The Sports Bar”