Are all Republicans Scumbags?

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Former Democratic Party leader paid women in alleged Tarrant voter fraud ring, AG says
A Fort Worth woman recently indicted on voter fraud charges paid others involved in the scheme with funds provided by a former Tarrant County Democratic Party leader, court documents filed this week say.

After learning about a state investigation, Leticia Sanchez — one of four women arrested and indicted on voter fraud charges — allegedly directed her daughter to send a text message to others in the scheme, urging them not to cooperate with investigators, state officials say.

The allegations are made in the state’s notice of intent to introduce evidence in Sanchez’s criminal case, where state officials say she was among those who collaborated to vote for certain down-ballot candidates with a number of north side residents’ mail-in ballots.

The notice, filed Tuesday, states that Sanchez engaged in organized criminal activity in collaboration with her three co-defendants; Stuart Clegg, a former executive director for the Tarrant County Democratic Party; and others.

RCA

AZhitman wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm
Are we at all concerned about Mr. Booker's behavior?
Or do we only conduct witch hunts when they're politically expedient?
Wasn't aware of the Booker situation.
Thought maybe it's because my "information bubble".
Decided to look into it. Couldn't find any respected sources.
2 traditional sources from Indianapolis, then places like BizPac Review, The New American, Twitchy, PJ Media, etc. Most of these sources covering not the social media post but a piece from Laura Ingraham's show.
I can understand the lack of coverage but if this really is a thing you could find it on most places even if just a small story but you could find something about it. This person hasn't gotten ANY offers from hungry news sources looking for a blockbuster story? OR are all the potential news sources not interested in hearing this person's story because they are all looking out for Cory Booker?

I don't understand how you can equate the two.
  • One made an anonymous social media post.
  • The other identified herself while telling her story to WaPo, then to Sen. Finestien, then testified in congress.
  • Finally people can vote Booker out when he's up for re-election and SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment.
If Dr. Ford only managed to write an unnamed social media post about Kavanaugh then I think it would get equal traction.
AZhitman wrote:
Let's agree that a genuine investigation is warranted. Let's also agree that if an accuser is found to have been dishonest, criminal sanctions shall apply. That keeps political pawns from crawling out of the woodwork and 'falling on their sword' [apologies to Mr. Booker] for 10 minutes of fame or a book deal.
I would agree.
If you can prove the allegation was false I would like there to be some legal ramifications which to my knowledge already exists in the legal code.
AZhitman wrote:
I think we can also agree that BK's nomination could easily have been defeated legitimately.
I disagree with you on this one.

I remember Rick Santorum said about the Kavanaugh investigation "Republicans didn't investigate because they had the votes." I tried looking but couldn't find the clip. It was CNN after Flake asked for an investigation.

Rick Santorum's characterization matched exactly what people saw out of this nomination process. Move as fast as possible so we can get him in before mid-terms and do the minimum necessary. Once they didn't have the votes they did a VERY limited investigation and kept the results private. Not because it was a no brainer that most people wanted but because they didn't have the votes.

Even with all that, he still should have lost his nomination because of his temperament. Any objective person can see that this guy was groomed to be a Republican partisan. This is like the equivalent of having Eric Holder nominated for SCOTUS. Kavanaugh's obvious partisanship was on full display and yet a group of Senators representing only ~44% of the country sent a man into a life time appointment when 52% of Americans opposed him and only 40% supported him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... d05da55167
(If you can't see the WaPo article, just open it up in an incognito window on your browser)

So I hope I made my case.

There was plenty wrong with BK and Rs didn't care.
They did serious harm to this country by politicizing the SCOTUS in a time when people's trust for institutions are at an all time low.
They did it without blinking an eye, or extending an olive branch.
It was a huge FCK YOU to the majority of Americans and afterward they celebrated.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

“Nobody needs to know” Beto Campaign Appears to Illegally Spend Funds on Supplies for Caravan Aliens, Campaign Manager Says “Don’t Worry”

• “I just hope nobody that’s the wrong person finds out about this.”
  • “It’s f***ing happening.” O’Rourke Campaign Staff Uses Pre-Paid Cards for Honduran Alien Supplies
  • “Don’t ever repeat this…” Campaign Staffers Explain How to Hide Campaign Expenditures for Aliens
  • “If you get caught in some sort of violation that’s like a $50,000 fine,” “For me I can just ignore the rules and I’m like f**k it.”
  • Transporting Aliens to “airports… bus stations,” “None of this is like sh*t there is a rulebook for”
  • Staffer Says She Sent Confirming Texts to Director
(Austin) Project Veritas Action Fund has released undercover video from current Congressman and US Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke’s campaign. The video exposes how his campaign staff appear to be illegally using campaign resources to buy supplies and help transport Honduran aliens.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Business as usual...
Pelosi stoops to new low, tells Dems to lie if they have to: ‘Just win baby!’
She is apparently so nervous that Republicans will keep control of both chambers of Congress, she’s essentially telling Democrat candidates and members to lie to voters in order to win their election.
But... But... Russians?
Investigation Underway Into Alleged Failed Hack By Democratic Party of Georgia
ATLANTA – After an alleged failed attempt to hack the state’s voter registration system, the Secretary of State’s office opened an investigation into the Democratic Party of Georgia on the evening of Saturday, November 3, 2018. Federal partners, including the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Bureau of Investigation, were immediately alerted.

RCA

Rogue One why do you post SOOO much trash?
Do you not realize how awful these sites are?
Are you trying to have an honesty conversation?
Or just dump lazy memes and post discreditable website links?
It's not real information it's literally the FAKE NEWS you claim to be apposed to.

Rogue you are better than this, STOP being apart of the problem.

Rogue One wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 am
“Nobody needs to know” Beto Campaign Appears to Illegally Spend Funds on Supplies for Caravan Aliens, Campaign Manager Says “Don’t Worry”

(Austin) Project Veritas Action Fund has released undercover video from current Congressman and US Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke’s campaign. The video exposes how his campaign staff appear to be illegally using campaign resources to buy supplies and help transport Honduran aliens.
https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-beto- ... an-1200093

Time for the facts:
  • It’s legal to come to the U.S. to seek asylum.
  • Federal Election Commission website says it’s legal for political campaigns to donate to charity.
  • 100 immigrants in question had reportedly been dropped off at a bus station last week by federal authorities after they’d been processed by immigration officials.
  • A nonprofit Catholic immigration shelter, Annunciation House, then took them in.
  • Staff members used prepaid cards to buy baby wipes, diapers, water, fruit and granola bars, and donate them to Annunciation House that helps mothers and children in the community
  • The people who benefited from the donations weren't apart of the recent caravan, and were already processed by immigration services.
IDK what Ted Cruz is up in arms about, Beto O’Rourke's people are donating to those in need.
Sounds like the the Christian thing to do. The real controversy is why is Cruz upset with that?
Pelosi never mentions lying. Pelosi's ‘Just win baby!’ is in reference to her leadership and how Republican's are demonizing her. So she is telling Democrats in Republican parts of the country that it doesn't matter if you distance yourself from her. She is saying if you want to throw the Democratic party under the bus in order to win a tough seat it's ok, no hard feelings. In the link you provide Pelosi mentions why she doesn't care, she says "I know 1 in 5 children are in poverty in America". Essentially her pride matters less than America's who need our help.

Imagine that, a leader who isn't self absorbed!
The same state of Georgia who is know for having a weak election system and REFUSED federal dollars to upgrade their vulnerable systems? It's that state that is claiming that there was an attempted hack 2 days before the mid-terms by the party that might win an election? The same state that the person who is running for governor, is also running the voting system, and making the claim without any evidence 2 days before the election?

Does conflict of interest mean anything to Republicans?
These are the distasteful tactics that are leaving an awful taste in people's mouths.
If your ideas are better then you should be able to win without cheating.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

As long as you choose to provide info from leftist sites like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. you do not get the right to dictate my sources. Deal with it.

RCA

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:54 am
As long as you choose to provide info from leftist sites like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. you do not get the right to dictate my sources. Deal with it.
The truth is important and it's disappearing more and more in US political discourse.
I want to have honest political conversations and I know you're a smart person so your perspective is valuable.
I just wish you stopped posting/reading blogs and LITERAL fake news.

Here is an example:
  • - You posted a story about Project Veritas and the Beto O'Rourke campaign.
    - The story was quickly debunk once the actual facts came out.
    - Project Veritas tried once tried to push a fake Roy Moore story out to the Washington Post.
    - They hoped WaPo would blindly publish the fake news because they are "liberal" and hate the GOP.
    - WaPo did their research, checked their sources, and realized the victim wasn't being honest.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... 6841c220bd
    - Blogs don't do that work because that is the difference between journalistic organizations and blogs.
Another example:
  • - Not to long ago you made a post trying to convince people that California was mismanaging it's water with this source: https://telephoneengineerwarrington.wor ... r-shortage
    - Your source was a WordPress blog that started in Feb 2017 supposedly run by telephone engineers from the city Warrington in England. Not a good start.
    - More Red Flags; the author for ALL their articles is "telephoneengineerwarrington". Not a person I can research or email. This is not how real news works.
    - This is their "About Page". It's blank, untouched default info from when you create a WordPress blog.
This is the difference between real reporting and posting blogs and fake sites pretending to be news sites. If you want to truly be informed you need to receive real information. Stop reading things that you agree with and read things that do their best to tell the truth. I find it interesting that organizations that criticize Trump are becoming "leftist" and "liberal".

Many of these organizations have been in business for decades, won Pulitzer Prizes, reported on things that changed the country, investigated crimes that got a president impeached, and kept corrupt people accountable but you counter all of that with telco blogs, memes, PJ Media, The Federalist, and The Gateway Pundit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER!

It's not all bad news, you do sometimes use respectable sources.
For instance in this post you believed Politifact's claim that California has the nation’s highest poverty rate. The issue is if you agree with how they reach their conclusions, then you should agree with their other conclusions.

https://www.politifact.com/personalitie ... st=speaker
  • - "Democrats let him (cop killer Luis Bracamontes) into our country," and "Democrats let him stay." = PANTS ON FIRE!
    - Saudi Arabia has ordered $450 billion, "$110 billion of which is a military order," producing "over a million jobs." = PANTS ON FIRE!
    - Says 3,000 people "did not die" in two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. That death toll estimate was "done by Democrats." = False
    - "We’re making (Medicare) stronger. We’re making Social Security stronger." = False
    - "The Electoral College is much more advantageous for Democrats." = False
The issue is that you just pick sources that you agree with and the second they disagree with you they are labeled "liberal fake news" and you go and find another that does agree with you, even if that means choosing very low quality blogs.

So I stand by what I said, if you give a sh*t about the truth stop reading/posting from places that spew out garbage. And if you think the sources you post are equal to ABC, CBS, NYT, and WaPo then you might be walking blind. I want to be your light brother, real news is going to Make America Great Again!

Return to “Politics Etc.”