anyone have tried to take off the headlights?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
makkd

Hmm,.. i want to clean the headlights of my car. I don't want to hurt the body paint when i clean the headlight. The only tool i have is a screw driver, is it enough to do the job?

Has anyone tried to take off their headlights before?

Thanks

BTW, i don't have a garage for the job, the car is in an underground parking~

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

what year maxima do you have?

if you're just referring to the cloudy headlight syndrome most max's are afflicted with i just used a glass polish (i know it's plastic) and it worked great. got rid of the yellowing. i used it on the rear tail lights too.

makkd

Hmm,.. will the glass polish hurt the paint??~

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

makkd wrote:Hmm,.. will the glass polish hurt the paint??~

not unless your rub it into it. if it comes into contact with it nothing will happen. it's just a really mild rubbing compound. some of the 240 guys are using finger nail polish remover, but i wouldn't want that anywhere near my paint!

VQ magic
Car: Basketball and Football

If you want to clean the inside of your headlight, your going to have to remove your headlights and stick it in a 225-250 degree oven and watch it carefully or else you'll melt something such as the back plastic housing. Take a flathead screwdriver and carefully pull the front and back apart while its hot. Go ahead and clean the back of the headlight cover. Stick it back in the oven until the glue heats up and clamp it back together. Its really EZ if you watch the thing. I used the same steps to make my AE headlights.

I30

To take the headlights out of the car:Look in owners manuel it will tell you how to remove the corner lights to replace the bulb or something. Then once the corner light you will see i think 2 screws in the back, unscrew them and pull out headlight. Takes like 5 mins it is really easy.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”