Anyone else considering modifications?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
JeppAbando
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL

this australian versa is sick! i was thinking customizing it from 15's to 16 looks good enough, but 17's!? and the tinted windows, that's exactly what i envisioned what i want mine to look like. but what do you think a rear spoiler would do to the sporty image?

Rabass
Car: Tiida Q Hatch

Because mine is the Q it came with the spoiler (check the link above somewhere for the aus site) basically just makes the end of the roof at the back kick up instead of sloping down, the Q also comes with driving lights (the second set of headlights down the bottom of the front grill) standard. I also have the darkest legal (in australia) tint. Got that done before i picked it up. Mine came with 15" alloys but because of the moulded wheel arches and massive amount of space around the wheels they look soooooo tiny, thats why i am contemplating 17's. I have also been trying to get some more information on the supercharger and chip that impul japan have made but from what i have read they have been manufactured for the MR15 but mine is the MR18 (1.8L) so i'm not sure if they would fit or work with it. When i got my Tiida about 2 months ago i never saw any on the road, but in the last week or 2 i am starting to see them everywhere. Hopefully some companies will get into gear now and start manufacturing performance parts for them, after all it is just the new pulsar and there was heaps of stuff for them...

PS. pic from another angle

Rabass

And my last one, thought i may as well post it as well. sorry if i'm killing the forum with pics here, but i thought they would be appreciated

JeppAbando

sup tobybeen a member of the forum since last night, and based from the testimonials i've read and your posts, you really know how to plan for your versa's customization. I also have a black CVT 1.8 SL and i got it 2 weekends ago. You were saying you'll be doing carpeting and tints first.. but what do you recommend doing first if im just a "real world" novice and start from the cheap side? fog lights? interior. Rabass' versa looks great but what 's the ideal move if i want to customize it with limited "bling?"

toby

Interior work is on hold, as no one can do the carpets just yet since they don't have "patterns" or whatever for the Versa. I want to get the carpeting and other interior stuff done at the same time, so until the carpet can be replaced, I'll wait. Shocks, tint and foglights can be done pretty much anywhere and for relatively cheap prices, so that's what I would do first, if I were you. I don't know about "bling", but it's an economy car, so... But start with the shocks and tint first, as you'll no doubt experience instant improvement in the ride an the interior comfort with respect to heat. Check autoanything.com, which is where I'm looking for much of the stuff I want to add to my car. Good luck!

Rabass

I would have to agree with Toby. Def tint and shocks, will improve the look and ride without "bling"ing it really

JeppAbando

thanks for the advice...on the other topic, what was the "egg under the foot" thing he was talking about for better mileage?and rabass... how many versas, other than yours, have you seen so far in your neighborbood/highways?

Rabass

I'm starting to see at least 1 or 2 a day on my way to work and back and on my travels during work. Really starting to take off here me thinks. Hopefully the aftermarket will get into it now!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I think they've been available in your neck of the woods for longer than up here.

Rabass

Yeah i would say so. They have probably been around here for almost 6 months now. Well at least thats when the stupid Kim Catrell TV spots started

ShusterVision
Car: Versa 1.8S - 6 SD

Hi, I just recently got a Versa 1.8SL 6 SD. I would like to lower it and put 17 inch rims on it. I have a question though. I have tried to find the lowering springs everywhere online. There is no site that shows computability. I know a few of you guys have your versa lowered, thus do you know which ones I can order?

Thanks,

JeppAbando

im prolly one of the guys in the post u saw that says my versa is lowered. actually haven't done it yet. had mine for 2 and half weeks now, and passed by the dealership today where i got mine, warranty experty dude said don't mess with lowering it because it voids the warranty, so upgrading the wheels/tires is the way (i know) , that will make it look better w/out messing with the warranty, but it may be different up there in canada land

(so ignored the lowered on my signature below)

bsherman211
Car: Nissan Versa

ShusterVision wrote:Hi, I just recently got a Versa 1.8SL 6 SD. I would like to lower it and put 17 inch rims on it. I have a question though. I have tried to find the lowering springs everywhere online. There is no site that shows computability. I know a few of you guys have your versa lowered, thus do you know which ones I can order?

Thanks,
You should check out http://www.tanabe-usa.com. They are offering springs, exhaust and tower bar. Also take a look at http://www.impulusa.com. They have a cool variety of parts available. From what I understand, there's tons of stuff on the way.

Thanks,Brian

campersand

toby wrote:custom leatherette front and rear seats, as well as a safety mirror (with thermometer and compass) and heated seats.
Wouldn't replacing the front seats make it a lot less safe, as that would be removing the side impact airbags? Not saying definitely don't do it, just something to be aware of.

ShusterVision
Car: Versa 1.8S - 6 SD

My dealer also said that it would void the warranty. But I asked him how many years it would take to wear out... He said 2-3 years and the shocks are only 80 CA each.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

campersand wrote:Wouldn't replacing the front seats make it a lot less safe, as that would be removing the side impact airbags? Not saying definitely don't do it, just something to be aware of.
A good point. Removal of side airbags could also affect insurance.

JeppAbando

the shocks are still fairly new, but if that's the way to go to get it lowered, i;ll prolly research on it too. You said 80CA? how much that converts to USD?

ilusha55

72.3196529 U.S. dollars

Vice Versa

T
yerrago wrote:Can anyone give testimonials on this device?

Or is this just one of those devices that will gently take out $70 with no real pain from the weeping millions of Americans already paying through their ears for high gasoline prices. And enrich the maker with little effect on fuel savings or power on the millions who bought in?

Or am I living in the 70's?
The term "Snake oil" comes to mind. I had one in my SVT contour and as an experiment, I put it in backwards; It did seem to hurt fuel economy but I didn't gain any by putting it in the right way.I'm sure different cars get different results.

toby

MinisterofDOOM wrote:
A good point. Removal of side airbags could also affect insurance.
Not for nothing, but I don't put much faith in the ability of a car the size of the Versa to provide much protection in anything other than a minor impact anyway, so the replacement of the seats will be going forward. And the replacement of the springs I had done? Yep! Dealer says my warranty's voided. And changing the tires can affect the ability of the TPMS to function properly, just so you know. Dealer says only the same tires should be used to replace old tires. How do you like that? Suddenly the car seems a lot less cool than it did before... And these damned stock tires squeal like a mofo anytime I really give it the gas. They truly suck big time.

bsherman211
Car: Nissan Versa

toby wrote:Not for nothing, but I don't put much faith in the ability of a car the size of the Versa to provide much protection in anything other than a minor impact anyway, so the replacement of the seats will be going forward. And the replacement of the springs I had done? Yep! Dealer says my warranty's voided. And changing the tires can affect the ability of the TPMS to function properly, just so you know. Dealer says only the same tires should be used to replace old tires. How do you like that? Suddenly the car seems a lot less cool than it did before... And these damned stock tires squeal like a mofo anytime I really give it the gas. They truly suck big time.
Sounds like dealer issue to me. I'm buying my Versa from the same dealer I bought my Titan from. It's lifted on 38" tires and they have covered every warranty problem I've had including the notorious Titan & Armada brake issue. They're even selling Versa's with upgraded wheels and tires.

Return to “Versa General Chat”