Anybody else go to the Nissan Leaf tour?

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
Portugese Bend
Car: 1995 S14, 2003 CT9A

So did anybody else attend one of the Nissan Leaf tour events in So Cal?

There wasn't too much info on their website about exact location and times but I was able to find one in Glendale today.

They had the car on display with reps answering questions and displays with info regarding the car. They also gave away some decent Nissan Leaf t-shirts if you got your card stamped from each of the displays. It also looked like they were doing a photoshop thing where you can get your picture taken and then photoshopped to look like you're in the Leaf.

mweston

I saw it at the SF Auto Show last Friday and liked it. I've been expecting to buy an Aptera, but that company seems to have hit hard times and I need to keep my options open. Regardless which vehicle it is, my next car will plug in.

Starting tomorrow it will be at Santana Row in San Jose, if any of you are in Silicon Valley.

Leaf seeker
Car: 1998 Volvo C70

I saw it in San Jose, got a lot of good info and a free T-shirt. The car looked better than I expected, and looked roomier than the Versa.

akm47

I saw it in Seattle and was very impressed. Size wise it looks slightly smaller than a Prius and will make an excellent car for around town. They said the tour car was fully functional but I noticed little things like the seats didn't appear to recline.

The standard charging connector at the front was not SAE 1772 which the rep said it would be when it ships. He also said there will be an SAE standard connector for the 440 volt 3 phase quick charger, which is good news.

The reps were fairly knowledgeable although there were some things they just couldn't answer. I'm basically sold on it as long as I can test drive one during the summer.

jennifersmith006

I have been their on Nissan Leaf toure and got one t-shirt their ..it was cool stuff nice information provided by the person over their and you said about some thing photoshop it was not their or i have missed it ..

LEAFguy

The Nissan drive electric tour is traveling around the country offering LEAF information and a (short) drive. If you don't know much about the LEAF, it might provide some useful information for you. However, many of the staffers (primarily the right-front-seat staff) are temporary, and don't know much about the car. If you have been doing your homework, you may actually know more than some of them! I had a chance to attend in San Diego. I think it's worth attending.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Becky and I are scheduled to go.

Kinda sad that after nearly 10 years of maintaining a huge website supporting Nissan's products, and owning over 20 Nissan vehicles, that we didn't get so much as a personal invitation.

Then again, I suppose that allows us the continued freedom to be objective.

I'll do an article on our experience.

Return to “Leaf Forum”