Any Mods Yet?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Tony407
Car: 2007 Diamond Graphite Infiniti M45 Sport

szhosain wrote:Welcome to NICO, guys!

Tony407, I suspect (without firm knowledge) that in most of the new Infiniti cars, the audio system is highly integrated into the electronics of the car and has features that need this level of integration (LCD screen, button locations on the dash, etc.).

The console area modifications (needed to install an after-market system) alone would be prohibitive, imho. What you might be able to do is extra amps and speakers added in, but most other stuff would be darn tough, imho.

I hope that this does not keep you from considering a purchase of this otherwise awesome car, but that is entirely your decision, of course! Yes, I kinda agree with you that the typical Bose installations in the cars are not the best possible audio performers, but I have learned to just live with it and put my stereo money into my home system instead!

Also, one of the M45 options is a way-better audio system (with 14 speakers, as I recall) that might be good enought to what you are looking for ... of course, your ears will tell you whether that is indeed the case or not, though!

Z
Of course, nothing would make me happier than having an M45 Sport with a stock stereo system that met my high standards. But realistically this probably won't happen. My #1 passion is my car stereo system, and it's been this way ever since I got a driver's license.

True...I might be satisfied by adding speakers and amps and keeping the stock head unit, but once again this would be dependent on Bose. At least in Maximas, it is not a viable option to replace speakers and amps without replacing everything, including the Bose head unit. There are adapters and so on that allow this to a certain extent, but sound quality starts to suffer in the long run and since that's my main goal...

So no one here knows of anyone that has added aftermarket audio equipment to their Ms?

Tony

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”