Any 2009 Murano Problems?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

Strasserider, are you taking it to a dealer?

There are many fine independant mechanics around, but more I read about the systems on the Murano the more I'm convinced that you need to return to the dealer for proper service. The systems are just too intertwined. If it's your dealer that's clueless that's another story.

I funded part of my college tuition as a shade tree mechanic. Give me an engine with points and a carb and I'll make it dance, but I feel like a complete noob under the hood of the Murano.

Strasserider
Car: 09 Nissan Murano SL (soon) 2004 Volvo V70, 2000 Honda Accord

Our Nissan Dealer over here in Germany does not have a shop so I take it to a Nissan/GM/Opel Shop where I live. I have to take photos of the rear door handles and send them to Nissan for proof. It is very difficult owning a US Spec Nissan overseas when dealing with warranty.

shevaukr19
Car: 09 nissan murano s

I got 09 murano s and does anyone else had this problem or maybe know whatg it is please let me know. When I drive and make a hard turn there is some noise coming out and im not if its a transmission or the pump...

ponen84

that's what i am interested in. Thanks

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Imma bring this back from the Dead.

Well, When we first bought the car
I think all murano Le had this problem Steering wheel adjustment failed. So you couldn't more the steering wheel up or down.

We got a 09' Le AWD with 25k Miles and The Rear passanger shocks or LCA bushings went bad. Everytime We go over bumps It makes a squeeky cluck noise. Were gonna go see nissan tomorrow about it.

And I believe everyones battery died at one point too and Just out of nowhere I've been reading through this forum and seems to me that I didn't have the Dead battery problem too.

The cluster Gauges lag For about 3 secs after I start the car.

Power side mirrors Squeak.

And IDK what Nissan was thinking about Orange cluster lights.

Muranj
Car: 09 Murano

My check airbag light went on recently. Its an '09 and it has ~ 84k miles on it. The dealer wants $1,100 dollars to replace the unit. Anyone have any such problems w/ their car?

vakos
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano

Hi, I am having a problem with my 2009 Murano S.. I was driving at about 25-30 mph and the engine just shut down.. no warnings no lights just stopped in Drive.. I then tried to start it putting it in park and could not tried about 25 min. I finally got it started by putting my foot on the brake and pushing the start button and then quickly hitting the gas, once getting it started I pulled it over off the road and let it idle. I was able to get it home with out anymore problems.. I then took it too my Nissan dealer and they could not find anything wrong computer did not read any errors.. I only have 25000 miles on the car and is less then 3 years old and always serviced. Anyone else with this trouble.. if so any solutions.. thanks

rajung

Bought SL new in 09
29,000 miles currently
Head gasket leaks across whole bank
transfer case leaks
Parts ordered through dealer and covered under warranty, 5yr 60,000 miles warranty
Service counter said they are now starting to see a rash of these starting to pop up.
I was changing the oil and thought to take a look around , didn't notice anything on the floor.
It was burning off before it made it that far, but a lot of green streaks and wet at the oil pan flange area.
Looks like a bad crusty water leak on copper home water pipe.
If it hasn't been posted before, cant believe it hasn't,Take a good look,My understanding the head gasket design was changed in 2010 due to them knowing the problem existed but not at a recall status. But more of a bulletin, call us , we wont call you. :wtf2:

wildcat08
Car: 09 Coupe 2.5S CVT
09 Rogue S AWD - traded
09 Murano SL

Traded for '09 Murano with 25,000 at the end of May from a Ford/Lincoln dealership. Started noticing antifreeze smell in garage right away. Didn't notice it while test driving since the vehicle was always out in the open. Googled it and found a pretty informative thread on another forum about the head gaskets on early 2009 models (this one was manufactured in August 2008). Crawled underneath and saw the same thing as rajung. Took it into Nissan dealer who verified that both bank 1 and bank 2 head gaskets were leaking externally. The service advisors said they had seen a few like that, which I took to mean more than just a few since they didn't try to argue with me when I brought it in and said I thought the head gaskets were leaking. The entire repair was covered under powertrain warranty because it was just over 36 months since the in-service date. They also found a crack in the harmonic balancer and a broken tab on a fuel injector and replaced both under warranty. Nissan picked up the rental car. The service department really stepped up and went beyond my expectations, which is good because it is not a good feeling when you find out the vehicle you just bought came with a problem like this.

Like rajung said, the design was changed for the 2010 models. The revised parts were used for this repair. Since the repair, the antifreeze smell went away gradually as any residual fluid burned off. I didn't have it long enough before taking it in to tell if the level was dropping or at what rate. I have been keeping a close eye on it since and everything appears normal so far. We've taken it on several trips and put almost 3,000 miles on it with no issues.

Here is the invoice from the repair. I thought some of you might be curious about the parts required to do this job.

Bauernfeind
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE

The exterior button and the button on the auto liftgate are not working. The dash button and key fob work fine. Has anyone had this problem and what may the repair cost?

Scheib
Car: 2014 Nissan Murano AWD Platinum

@Bauernfeind I noticed my lift gate button stopped working and after some investigation I discovered there is a switch on the lower left panel (driver's side) where you can enable the switch if it was bumped off accidentally. It's along the bottom row of those switches where you open the fuel cover, etc.

One of the issues I have noticed with the 09 LE is how soft the ride is in the rear end of the vehicle. I am currently looking at replacing the shocks and struts at some point and perhaps going with one of the air bag lift kits to try and improve the ride. I've had it bottom out with 3 passengers in the back going over some railroad tracks and I was taking it easy in my opinion. Had I taken it any harder or faster I probably would have shelled the suspension for good. All I've found thus far are KYB shocks and nothing from other manufacturers. If anyone has an experience to share I'd love to hear it.

pyarnold
Car: 2009 Murano SE

I replaced the battery in my 2009 Murano. It tries to start but will not turn over. I was told that I need to reset the computer but have no idea how to do this. Any suggestions?

Return to “Murano Forum”