Another stupid wheel/tire

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
mattmro444
Car: Nissan

I'm presently sitting on different 17x8 ET35's as well but running 245/45/17 on them and there's a ****load of rubbing when I hit big bumps. I'm also sitting at stock ride height/stock suspension (though I've got a set of H&R Street performance w/ adjustable dampening sitting to go on the car too, but didn't wanna put them on with the present rub problem)

So my question would be what the best tire size is in your estimation? I'm not planning on going all the way down the the coilovers and I don't mind a rougher ride too much. I just don't want to rub nearly as much and the 245s are WAY too big.

My math says 205 or 215/45/17 should work but without adjusting camber, would that still help out minimizing my rub problem?

BR//
MRO Supply

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

mattmro444 wrote:I'm presently sitting on different 17x8 ET35's as well but running 245/45/17 on them and there's a ****load of rubbing when I hit big bumps. I'm also sitting at stock ride height/stock suspension (though I've got a set of H&R Street performance w/ adjustable dampening sitting to go on the car too, but didn't wanna put them on with the present rub problem)

So my question would be what the best tire size is in your estimation? I'm not planning on going all the way down the the coilovers and I don't mind a rougher ride too much. I just don't want to rub nearly as much and the 245s are WAY too big.

My math says 205 or 215/45/17 should work but without adjusting camber, would that still help out minimizing my rub problem?

BR//
MRO Supply
Might help if you told us what car you're referring to...

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”