Another leaky window

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Rondog
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible

Picked up my Midnight Garnet Convertible last week and drove home in the rain -passenger side window had a steady leak just below the joint between the windshield and the roof. We looked for any difference between the driver's side and couldn't find one. The dealer kept it from Monday to the following Monday and only managed to reseal a couple areas under some un-named panels. He claimed it was fixed, but no joy. On her first drive home, the wife called with the same problem. (we live in Orlando and we get to test drive in the rain a lot). Now he wants us to wait a week until a factory engineer comes to town. Needless to say, we are not happy.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Rondog wrote:Picked up my Midnight Garnet Convertible last week and drove home in the rain -passenger side window had a steady leak just below the joint between the windshield and the roof. We looked for any difference between the driver's side and couldn't find one. The dealer kept it from Monday to the following Monday and only managed to reseal a couple areas under some un-named panels. He claimed it was fixed, but no joy. On her first drive home, the wife called with the same problem. (we live in Orlando and we get to test drive in the rain a lot). Now he wants us to wait a week until a factory engineer comes to town. Needless to say, we are not happy.
Sorry to hear about your issue. This is not really a good start to your ownership experience & you should be enjoying your car A LOT and not having to deal with this. I hope it gets corrected quickly and to your satisfaction because as you know, these car are a ton of fun.

On a happier note, post up some pics and provide some detials about the options etc.

Rondog

Other than the extra water, the car has everything we wanted - Premium, Sports Pkg, Tech package, Nav, splash guards, and wind screen. It takes a while to learn all the gadgets, but that is a big part of the fun. I bought this for my wonderful wife, but I can hardly wait for the weekends. It is so solid, especially in the corners, that I just want to let it run. We had the dealer do the window tint thing, and we started drooling all over again - it just adds a bit of mystique to the car.

TransformerTop
Car: 2009 G37 C - Premium, Nav, African Rosewood, Kickplates and Splash Guards

I have a window or panel rattle in the right rear that they can't seem to fix. They have had it 3 different times. I have to take it in today after work for the engineers to look at tomorrow. I'm about to my limit as well. I feel your pain and frustration.

Rondog

Let us know if they fix it. We have a Lemon Law in Florida - 3 strikes and you're out. I love the car, but we get too much rain in Florida to live with this kind of a problem. I hope they fix it soon. Good luck to you.

TransformerTop

Unfortunately in Utah the lemon law only applies to mechanical and safety related issues that they have tried to fix at least 4 times or the car has been in the shop for 30 days all in the first year of ownership.

In most states things like rattles and leaking windows do not qualify under the lemon law. If they did them Infinity would have already bought back my car and I would go to the nearest Lexus dealer and buy the IS350C which I now regreat. I will not buy another Infiniti.

mjlenox
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Premier Edition

I have heard some side panel rattles as well, but only with the top up and radio off, which never happens when I drive it

Although I rarely hear it, it is bothersome that an auto this expensive would have such a completely anti-luxury flaw. I chalk it up to buying a first-year edition of any auto. That's always the risk, which I knew going in.

TransformerTop

Got car back. Top and window rattle is gone. They had to replace and add a shim to the 2nd and 3rd roof panel. It was not tight enough allowing the panels to flex and move. I feel better now!!

Except they put 100 miles on my car and left me with a completely empty gas tank. No..I mean completely empty, the needle was below the empty line. Now why would you do that? It would not have taken too much time or effort to put $3.00 worth of gas in the car to ensure I could make it 5 miles to the nearest gas station. Not to mention the loaner they gave me was out of gas when they gave it to me and I left it with half a tank. I don't know..maybe I just expect to much...just glad it has come to an end.

Still will not buy another Infiniti, I will return to Acura after this vehicle.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

I'm sorry to hear that. You should express to the service manager the fuel issue. I hope the G gives you great experiences from here on out and you change your mind about returning to that horrible acura thing.

lritz
Car: G37 Convertible

Drove in the rain (not heavy) for the first time today. There is a leak at passenger side rear window, where middle roof panel meets rear roof panel. Back to dealer on Tuesday morning.

xtrema

TransformerTop wrote:Got car back. Top and window rattle is gone. They had to replace and add a shim to the 2nd and 3rd roof panel. It was not tight enough allowing the panels to flex and move. I feel better now!!

Except they put 100 miles on my car and left me with a completely empty gas tank. No..I mean completely empty, the needle was below the empty line. Now why would you do that? It would not have taken too much time or effort to put $3.00 worth of gas in the car to ensure I could make it 5 miles to the nearest gas station. Not to mention the loaner they gave me was out of gas when they gave it to me and I left it with half a tank. I don't know..maybe I just expect to much...just glad it has come to an end.

Still will not buy another Infiniti, I will return to Acura after this vehicle.
2 words. Tech joyride, under disguise of testing rattles. I would do it.

I would complain about the gas tho.

Rondog

I have had it up to here with Orlando Infiniti. They kept my car for a week to fix the leaky window. The day I got it back, it leaked some more - in the same place. They came and got it again for the factory guy to look at it. They kept it another week. The delivery guy said that 4 mechanics have worked on it - finally adjusting the pressure of the roof to the windshield to balance it. This is what I told them in the beginning. Anyway, they delivered the car to my wife and there was a big scratch on the passenger window. Also three windows have bubbled window tinting - which they put on during the first visit. Kevin Stuckey - Service Manager won't even return my phone calls. This is my first Infiniti - and my last.

TransformerTop

Hey Rondog...do you feel that thing...you know that Infiniti thing....in your A**hole?

Does it make you want to squeal like a stuffed pig?

Do you feel like you just bought a great big pile of steaming crap?

Do you wish they had a 90 day return policy?

Can you think of a whole lot of other vehicles that you could have purchased and no doubt saved yourself a whole lot of head and a** aches?

Does it make you feel like this?

Ya.....me too.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”