Android App to monitor CVT temps?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
tehboxzor

Hi All, I've searched the forums but haven't found if anyone was able to find an app that can read the CVT temp sensor of a 2014 Nissan Versa SV. Anybody have any luck? Thanks in advance!

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Torque can do it. I used it on my 2015 CVT and it showed a range of about 185 to 200 F on a long road trip. Gave me a lot of peace of mind. It seemed to level off at about 195 F. Only time it gets hot (say 210) is on a hot day with lots of idling. Once you get going at a constant speed is when it levels off.

tehboxzor

I saw that it popped up in Torque but the readings were the exact same as engine coolant, so I'm kind of hesitant to say that that's the true Transmission Temp. But thank you TXchamps

txchamps
Car: 2015 Versa Note SV, 2023 Kia Rio S

Hmmm, that appears to be correct. I have misled myself. I did a bit more research (should have done that first ay?) and there is a Nissan plug-in available, but I can't tell from the info whether it a: supports the current Versa engine, and b: offers this specific parameter. It costs 5 bucks to find out :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... niadvanced

Maybe you can find out. There is a Torque forum that discusses such things.

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforuma ... orum&f=1.0

Sorry to have given you bad info

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If the CVT fluid cooling loop runs through the radiator like some do then the water temp WILL be virtually the same as the CVT fluid temp............................just saying.

There may be a way to read the actual trans fluid thermistor..............if your scanner goes into enough detail.

tehboxzor

Good news! There's an app called CVTz50 that can read the CVT computer and give an accurate CVT temp as well as show your fluid deterioration level. The full app is $4.99 and there's a demo version that you can try to see if your obd2 adapter will play nice with the app before you buy it. Hope this helps people out!

TheScarletRogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue, Cayenne red

tehboxzor, can you recommend a good ELM327 device that works but not expensive?

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

TheScarletRogue wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:56 am
tehboxzor, can you recommend a good ELM327 device that works but not expensive?
This one works fine on my 2013 Rogue:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”