Altima CVT V6

All things Altima Coupe.
dantheman16
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. I recently bought a 2012 Altima v6 with the cvt. It’s got 83,000 miles on it. I’ve noticed in the past few days if I’m going below 60 and let go of the gas the rpm’s will drop to like 800 and just stay there until I put my foot back on the gas and then I’ll feel it engage again. And like I can feel it when it happens. It’s like it’s going into neutral or something? Idk if its motor mount related or torque converter or what but it’s been making me really paranoid. I also have a CEL on for MAF sensor. I do have a bumper to bumper warranty for 36,000 miles through CNA. Thank you for any insight on what could be causing this.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Interesting, almost exactly the opposite of one on another site, that one the rpm stays at 3000 regardless of the speed dropped to.

Both could easily be the CVT about to spit its' guts out.

They flaw in so many ways it's not funny and great bunches of them. On the other hand, there are those that make it to 200K miles and well past. Simply no way to tell which one you have, Nissan has a real problem there.

I'd fix that MAF, it can have an undue effect on CVT because it helps predict load.

dantheman16
Car: 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR

The check engine light went off and the issue went away. So they must have been tied together. Thank you for your input.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”