Altima 2.5 won’t accelerate

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Hmharoon
Car: Nissan Altima 2010 2.5 S

Hello,
I have a 2010 nissan altima with 180k on it. It was running fine so far but the other night it won’t accelerate from red light. I floored the pedal and it took a while to respond. I parked my car on the side to see if it happens when the transmission is not engaged but there was No difference. I checked air filter and some hoses to see if there’s vaccum issue. Anyways i turned it off and after a while it started working fine again. I cleaned MAF and throttle body but it behaved the same. It works fine when cold, and starts acting up again when it’s driven for an hour or so. No check engine light on the dash. Still hooked up the scanner, it gave P2A00. Another thing, when it picks up acceleration it moves fine. It’s hard to move from dead stop. But no issues around 40-50mph, it responds well after it has crossed 30mph
Any ideas what should i do next, thanks a lot.

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Is it the engine or transmission that's not cooperating?

It's possible that the accelerator pedal position sensors are acting up. The computer will usually catch it, but not always. Will the engine free rev on neutral when it's doing it?

Hmharoon
Car: Nissan Altima 2010 2.5 S

Thanks for the reply. So later it gave the code p1778. It was stepper motor in valve body of the transmission. I replaced it but no difference. Upon further research and analysis i decided to add the aftermarket cooler for the cvt transmission. After adding the cooler it has been working fine ao far.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”