CHATROOM: All Season Replacement Tires

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

im gonna merge this thread with the one Rogue One posted.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

mekvien wrote:yes you are right I am a newbie lol and I was only kind of impatient because I have to get them today :) just took me an hour to drive to a store
Ok. Wait, are y'all expecting snow now? OMG, I think I hear the Caribbean calling!

The subject of tires is IMO, more a matter of personal preference, although this forum has provided valuable insight on the topic. Speaking from personal experience with an MR2, you couldn't give me a set of Yokohama tires, suckers would hydroplane on the slightest amount of water. Let us know what you finally wind up with and why.

vidin
Car: 09 rogue s type awd

my awd s came with conti lx sports in the front and oem in the rear..oem's are very loud indeed but the lx sports have some amazing grip in rain and snow..at 115 each i am leaning towards another pair by next payroll

kilogram
Car: 2010 Rogue Krom
2004 350Z performance

Recently put on a set of Yokohama YK580s, and it snowed about 4" the other day. They did just fine. Couldn't get any wheelspin in a straight line with the VDC off. Little bit of sliding around corners, but nothing unmanageable. Surprised a couple STi's when I was right next to them as they tried to haul away from a light..

Rogue One wrote:
mekvien wrote: Speaking from personal experience with an MR2,
w00t another MR2 guy. You on the OC?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

kilogram wrote:Couldn't get any wheelspin in a straight line with the VDC off. Surprised a couple STi's when I was right next to them as they tried to haul away from a light.
i agree 100%. i could not get any wheel spin with vdc off. the car just moved forward lol. awesome AWD system we got here. i really tried to get the tail to fishtail a bit = nope. it just took off forward without hesitation.

kilogram
Car: 2010 Rogue Krom
2004 350Z performance

Yeah, I just wish that "AWD lock" meant what it says and kept the damn thing locked until I unlock it. There IS a pretty noticeable difference between full-time AWD and a system that activates when it senses slip. I bought the rogue to replace an Audi A4 TQM, and that car was amazing in the snow (a complete s*** otherwise though). The Rogue is very decent, but you can definitely feel the car's attitude change as the AWD cycles on and off, especially around corners. When it's snowing, I would rather just leave it in AWD and steer with the throttle.

I'm pretty impressed with the tires so far, especially since they were under $500 installed. If i still lived in Minnesota, I'd have full snows on the car year round like I did with the A4, but now that we live in Colorado, the snow only sticks around for about 2 days, so I can't justify the added tire wear and decreased mileage.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

They are $27 bucks cheaper for my 16" steelies... Too bad my crappy continentals have plenty of life left.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

id love to see some beefy off-road type of tires on a rogue already.

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

ImStricken wrote:id love to see some beefy off-road type of tires on a rogue already.
Yeah! Those are sweet... I'm just trying to imaging how they might look on the Rogue :gotme

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Unfortunately, the beefy rims that usually are truck rims that go with the beefy tires don't fit on our rogues. I tried to achieve that truck look in the past.

ras_oscar

I have 30K on the original 2012 rogue tires and am ready to start shopping for a new pair for the front. Any recommendations? The continentals provided by Nissan don't seem to have lasted very long, but I had the same issue all through the lifespan of my 05 altimna, so perhaps its just me. I'm looking for good mileage and stability at sustained highway speed.

A related question: I always replace tires in pairs, and the rear usually lasts 2-3x longer than the front. Last time I changed tires, the tire shop stated that "their policy" when replacing one pair of tires was to place the new tires in the rear and move the the "old" tires in the front. They refused to do as I aked and palce the new ones in the front, but couldn't give me a reason that made sense to me. Is there something new in tire research, or is this just an atttempt to sell more tires?

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

There is a reason for having the new tires in the rear and older ones up front. It's due to the tires with more traction are more likely to follow the front wheels in the event of rain or gravel. Tires with less thread in the rears have a tendency to "slide out", causing oversteer. This can cause loss of control, and being that the Rogue is a little top heavy, possibly a rollover.

There's plenty of articles online that talk about this.

As far as recommendations, I haven't had a chance to go shopping yet for the Rogue. They're still stock. I will say I love my Nittos on the Lancer though lol.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Asian
Car: 2012 Black Nissan Rogue Special Edition

I decided to go w/the Kumho Eco Solus KL21. Has anyone else bought these? I didn't want to go to the dealer but they had buy 3 get 1 for $1. So I couldn't pass that up. Total cost will be $464.33. I only got about 17-18k on my original Conti's. I wasn't a fan of those at all...

Katnip
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I've scanned over these posts and I don't see anything about the tires I am looking at for my 2011 SL AWD Rogue. My Rogue, brand new, came with the Dunlop Sport 7000 and they started feathering at 30,000. Kept putting off getting new tires since they had some tread left, but now I'm at a little over 50,000 and need four new tires before winter. I have always been partial to Michelin since I've had very good luck with them with my Chevy Blazer but last year when doing some research saw there were no Michelin's for my Rogue. Now, there are two available and I'm actually looking at three tires: Michelin Primacy MXV4, Hankook Optima H727, and the one I'm leaning most toward getting, the Michelin Defender which is green X. I have spent most of my day researching sites, especially the TireRack, but cannot find a specific "best tires for the Rogue" review. Can anyone give me any insight before I buy four new tires?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Katnip wrote:I've scanned over these posts and I don't see anything about the tires I am looking at for my 2011 SL AWD Rogue. My Rogue, brand new, came with the Dunlop Sport 7000 and they started feathering at 30,000. Kept putting off getting new tires since they had some tread left, but now I'm at a little over 50,000 and need four new tires before winter. I have always been partial to Michelin since I've had very good luck with them with my Chevy Blazer but last year when doing some research saw there were no Michelin's for my Rogue. Now, there are two available and I'm actually looking at three tires: Michelin Primacy MXV4, Hankook Optima H727, and the one I'm leaning most toward getting, the Michelin Defender which is green X. I have spent most of my day researching sites, especially the TireRack, but cannot find a specific "best tires for the Rogue" review. Can anyone give me any insight before I buy four new tires?
Probably go with the Michelin Primacy MXV4.

Scooter71
Car: 09 Rogue SL AWD Fully Loaded

After extensive research on tires, and being a fan of the Toyo's I decided to go with the Toyo Versado CUV's, but I had a plus zero put on the stock rim with no concern or any issues. The stock 225/60R/17 to a 235/55/17 wanted more road service without changing rims. I had them put on last November. Went through a rough winter in NY and they held up and handled amzing. No issues, or complaints. I feel them more then stock, and they deff have a bit more grip. I found the stock size and tire brand very soft and mushy, but that could have been because they were just old (I dunno). And I did not notice any major MPG loss maybe I went from 25-24.9, but nothing drastic.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Dunno anything about Toyo's. What did you have for stock?

I've got Dunlop SP Sport 7000T A/S High Performance All-Season. These came as stock on my 2012. Don't seem that sure-footed, and they transfer a lot of road noise. It's gonna feel like an eternity before I can replace them.

Katnip
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I hate the Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S that came with my Rogue, but couldn't justify replacing them before the tread wore off (which actually isn't taking that long). I had OEM Michelin's on a Blazer that lasted 90,000 with regular rotations and then the next set I got lasted just as long. That's why I lean toward that brand. Plus, I'm more of a spirited driver and the Mich's just seem to hug the road; but I'm sure not all of them do.

Scooter71
Car: 09 Rogue SL AWD Fully Loaded

Rogue One wrote:Dunno anything about Toyo's. What did you have for stock?

I've got Dunlop SP Sport 7000T A/S High Performance All-Season. These came as stock on my 2012. Don't seem that sure-footed, and they transfer a lot of road noise. It's gonna feel like an eternity before I can replace them.
I couldn't tell you what the real stock or OEM tire was, I purchased her as a pre-owned from a dealer, so who knows if they were even the real stock tires that came with her in 09. I do know they were continental's, and they were not good. The size I mentioned were the stock size, that I had changed to a plus zero.[*]

adamheadtrip
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue
2012 Chevy Cruze

Hey all,
First post here, this thread sucked me in to this forum. I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue and am looking to upgrade from the OEM Conti tires and looking for any feedback on others experience. Researching this site, TireRack and others, I've narrowed it down to the following. Drive about 7500 miles a year in Central New York where we get plenty of snow, but I'm not looking to hold two sets of tires. Anyone had any of the below tires more than 30,000 miles?

 Hankook Optimo H727
 Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tred touring
 Yoko Geolandar HT/S
 Bridgestone Dueler H/T 687
 Yoko Avids TRZ
 Michelin LTX M/S2
 Firestone Destination LE2

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Well I need new tires very soon and have been looking for awhile now. It's so hard to choose a tire. Looking on Tirerack.com it lists theFirestone Destination LE2 as compatible with the Rogue, but on Firestone.com it only list 3 tires as compatible with the 2009 Rogue. So is Tirerack.com wrong?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

darylzero wrote:Well I need new tires very soon and have been looking for awhile now. It's so hard to choose a tire. Looking on Tirerack.com it lists theFirestone Destination LE2 as compatible with the Rogue, but on Firestone.com it only list 3 tires as compatible with the 2009 Rogue. So is Tirerack.com wrong?
Hard to say. Just checked TireBuyer.com and they say it's not a match for your ride: http://www.tirebuyer.com/products/56249 ... ilter=true

Over at OnLineTires.com they indicate that you can put on the Firestone Destination LE 2 99H, BUT the size is 235/55-18. http://www.onlinetires.com/products/veh ... 2+99h.html

adamheadtrip
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue
2012 Chevy Cruze

I ran in to similar issues with Goodyear. Went to their website to setup my appointment and put in 2010 Nissan Rogue, they recommended the TripleTred Assurance. When it got to the appointment page, it said those tires don't fit my Rogue. Asked Goodyear and they said it was an error and they do fit.

Anyways, to update the thread, I ended up with the Goodyear TripleTred based on reviews in this chain and elsewhere. So far, like the ride a lot better than the stock tires, though it doesn't seem they did much for Road Noise compared to the stock Conti's. Granted the roads around here (central New York) are pretty crappy, so it could just be the roads. The real test will be once the snow starts falling in the next few weeks. I will update then

darylzero

Rogue One wrote:
darylzero wrote:Well I need new tires very soon and have been looking for awhile now. It's so hard to choose a tire. Looking on Tirerack.com it lists theFirestone Destination LE2 as compatible with the Rogue, but on Firestone.com it only list 3 tires as compatible with the 2009 Rogue. So is Tirerack.com wrong?
Hard to say. Just checked TireBuyer.com and they say it's not a match for your ride: http://www.tirebuyer.com/products/56249 ... ilter=true

Over at OnLineTires.com they indicate that you can put on the Firestone Destination LE 2 99H, BUT the size is 235/55-18. http://www.onlinetires.com/products/veh ... 2+99h.html
I talked to Tirerack.com and they said most likely Firestone doesn't list them because they are a T rated tire which means the top speed for that tire is 118mph. While the Rogue came with H rated tires so Firestone is just sticking to the OEM specs.

They said it would be fine on the Rogue going down 1 speed rating, but wouldn't recommend any more than that. So I decided to go with the Firestone Precision Touring.
I actually went to Tirerack's location in South Bend, IN. since it was only 90 miles away from Chicago. Pretty cool place, friggin HUGE.
The guy was telling me that with the T rated tire the corning may feel a little "mushy" not as precise as with the H rated tire because the H rated will have a little stronger side wall.

On the way back though my MPG went way down :eek: so we will see. It does have a 30 Day Buy & Try Guarantee so if the MPG continues to suck I would have to return them.

DTASFAB

darylzero wrote: The guy was telling me that with the T rated tire the corning may feel a little "mushy" not as precise as with the H rated tire because the H rated will have a little stronger side wall.

On the way back though my MPG went way down :eek: so we will see. It does have a 30 Day Buy & Try Guarantee so if the MPG continues to suck I would have to return them.
A softer tire is going to have more of a squishy feel, particularly when cornering at high speeds, but may grip the pavement better in wet or icy conditions. Put more air in them to harden them up. Avoid potholes and be extra cautious in bad weather, since the extra stiffness is going to reduce traction slightly. Do not exceed the maximum pressure listed on the side wall of the tire. The higher you go above Nissan's recommended PSI (on the doorjam plate), the more important it is to keep the same exact pressure in all four tires.

There's no way the top trim Rogue with 18" wheels and 55-profile tires feels as smooth and squishy as the base model with 16" wheels and 70-profile tires. But the 18" wheels are probably much safer overall. I think the 225/60R17 size is the perfect compromise for the first generation Rogue. I'd go with T-rated tires in that size if I found a good tire at a good price, but probably not in the 2XX/70R16 size. And I doubt T-rated tires are even available in the 2XX/55R18 size, but I wouldn't use them for that application either.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

OK, I had wondered if there's a problem with my tire sensor system, and now I'm sure. I've own this vehicle for 54 weeks, and today when I fired up the engine, the TPMS warning showed on the dash. Naturally when I look for my tire gauge it's no where to be found, so I have to buy a new one. Anyway, the gauge says all 4 tires have between 26 and 26.5 psi. :confused:

They're Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S and the tire wall recommends a max psi of 55, while the door jam sticker recommends a max psi of 33. :gotme To add insult to injury, the tires are nitrogen filled, and almost no one in this backwater hick town deals with filling nitrogen tires.

DTASFAB

Just put regular air in them. Regular air is 78% nitrogen anyway.

darylzero

Rogue One wrote:OK, I had wondered if there's a problem with my tire sensor system, and now I'm sure. I've own this vehicle for 54 weeks, and today when I fired up the engine, the TPMS warning showed on the dash. Naturally when I look for my tire gauge it's no where to be found, so I have to buy a new one. Anyway, the gauge says all 4 tires have between 26 and 26.5 psi. :confused:

They're Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S and the tire wall recommends a max psi of 55, while the door jam sticker recommends a max psi of 33. :gotme To add insult to injury, the tires are nitrogen filled, and almost no one in this backwater hick town deals with filling nitrogen tires.
The max psi of 55 is just that the max the tire can withstand. You would still fill those to 33 psi.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/ ... techid=196

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/ ... ?techid=73

Also, you want to check the psi when the tire is cold.

Return to “Rogue Forum”