CHATROOM: All Season Replacement Tires

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
skholla
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue SL, 97 Acura EL

rain has hit vancity and im starting to hate my stock conti's once again. only 46,000km on them, lots of tread left but they dont grip well in wet conditions (during fast cornering or leaving a stopped position light on the gas pedal). if winter turns out bad i will most likely scoop a set of conti extremecontact dws in 235/55-17 for my factory alloys. these are supposed to be really great all season tires that can deal with moderate winter conditions. has anyone used they first hand? the reviews are great and i have heard of some calgary folks running them year round.

TheWayOfTheRoad
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hey 'Outdoor14' - I was quoted $745 (all in) for the same set of Yoko TRZ's at Tire Source at Queen/Jarvis. Where did you get yours for under $600?
Outdoor14 wrote:I had a flat today with a nail on the edge right next to the tire cap too close to plug. I went to Mavis for two Yoko TRZ's. The sales guy said there was to much difference in tire height between stock front Dunlop's and TRZ and I had to sign a wavier to install two and leave two. I chose four new ones and bit the bullet for just under $600.00. The price was less then my quote from tire rack. Car rides good and feels tighter in turns. Go for it! :dblthumb:

philipa_240sx

I got mine for $740 last year (2010) with all taxes in. However, Yokoama had a $70 rebate going on at the time. It's a seasonal thing though. See here:

http://www.yokohamarebate.ca/

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Anyone here have Michelin all season tires on their Rogue? I have a 50% off coupon for Michelin tires and was wondering which tires I should get?

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I called a couple tire dealers in my area. To get tires in 215/70R/16 I only have one choice in Michelin, Uniroyal and BF Goodrich. In Michelin I can get the LTXMS for $494.00 taxes in. In Uniroyal the Laredo Cross Country Tour for $404.00. In BF Goodrich I can get the Longtrail TA Tour for $436.00. I am wondering which tires I should get and also if I can get a wider tire size at 235/65/16?

philipa_240sx

jostudly,

235/65R16 would fit, but you are right at the limit in terms of rim width (the stock rim is narrow for this width of tire). 225/65R16 would be more ideal.

I would check out TireRack.com, there are quite a few tires in the stock Rogue S size... 42 of them in fact:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearc ... =S&tab=All

dalebrown
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

In June of 2011 I replaced my OEM Continental Contact 4x4 tires after 53k with the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring - P225/60R17 98H from the local Sam's Club. They are a special order item, but it only took a few days, and with the sale price and instant rebate at the time, they were only $150 each. I've since put almost 15k on them and I still love the nice handling and quiet ride. We had our first real Chicago snow the other day and they were awesome to say the least. They just chomped through the 6" of snow and the 12" drift I drove over making a U turn. I'm very pleased! I will by these again.

bresna
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S 360

I just installed Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 tires on my 2010. So far, they are a lot quieter than the OEM Conti tiress. I hope I get a lot more than the 32,000 miles I got with those Contis.

Rogueguy
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

What size did you go with in the Geolander H/T-s G051? We ran these on a Ford Escape for years and would love them on the Rogue, but the stock size is not available.

Yankdawg
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue SL

I cant say that I love my OEM Conti but I have gotten 900 miles short of 100,000 on them. They have been great on the dry and wet surfaces. I have been looking to replace them since mid-year last year but they have just now gotten to the end of their life.

I have read all of the posts and I have to say I am still torn. I like my conti's but not many people sell them in my area so I will probably have to go with a Michelin or Yokohoma.

I have considered the:
Michelin HydroEdge - for the fact of the 90,000 mile warranty (I drive alot)
Nokian WR - All Weather
Yokohama Avid TRZ
Hankook H727 - dont know much about this brand

Tough choice and about 2 weeks to make it in. Going to try to hit the 100,000 mile with the Contis and then replace! Wish me luch! :mike

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Honestly I don't think you can do any better than the Hankook Optimo H727, although I'm sure the others on your list are very good too, in particular I've heard lots of great reviews of the Yokohama Avid on this forum. Starting with a comparison on consumer rankings on Tirerack.com, the Hankooks blow the competition out of the water however the Nokian's are not available for comparison. I considered the Nokians because winter driving is a concern for me, but they were just too pricey, around $1300 for the set in Alberta. I also priced out the Yokohama Avids and they came in just under $1000, but I got the Hankooks for an amazing $700 for the set including install and lifetime flat repair. The Hankooks were rated very high on snow and ice considering they are not a dedicated winter tire, and after one complete winter I can tell you they did extremely well. The rubber compound seemed to stay quite pliable in cold temps, and the tread is very deep. They have a 130,000 km tread life warranty, the ride is very quiet and handling is very good.

The Hankooks were by far the best value for the money when I made my purchase last September.

kudus
Car: Rogue 2008

Hi,
Rogue S 2008, 57000 km.
Winter driving: Michelin Latitude X-Ice 2 on dedicated rims.
Need new all season P215/70R16, to replace the OEM Continental 99H
Prefer from Costco Canada, lower price and free after sale service: Balance, flat tire repair, rotation.
Available at Costco now:
Bridgestone ($100 rebate until April 1, 2012):
1.BS Dueler H/T 684II 99S, CAD$134.99 each.
All inclusive (mounting, balancing), after rebate, Incl. taxes: CAD$591
2.B.S DuelerH/T 687 99H , CAD$153.99 each.
All inclusive (mounting, balancing), after rebate, Incl. taxes: CAD$687 CAD$687

Michelin ($70 rebate April 2 - May 27, 2012):
1. Mich LTX M/S 99S, CAD$185.99 each
All inclusive (mounting, balancing), after rebate, Incl. taxes: CAD$855
THIS TIRE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR LONG TIME BUT HAS VERY GOOD RATING AT TIRERACK.COM SURVEY
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyres ... earch=true

Question:
* I am leaning to Michelin LTX M/S, although it is more expensive. However, the white raised lettering on side wall is big and very visible.
* If I go with Bridgestone, should I get the 99S instead of 99H, since 99S is cheaper, and both are the same tires (Dueler H/T)
* In general,is same tire (for example both are BS Dueler H/T) with lower speed rating (99S)gives more ride comfort than the higher one (99H, OEM))?

Thanks everybody, kindly waiting for your suggestion.

dzurn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Sentra

I'm looking to replace my tires too, on my 2010 Rogue AWD. The front are mostly worn, but one of the rear has a slice in its tread, so I might as well get all of them replaced (25,000 miles!)

I stopped at one tire department and as all set to drop off the car, when the clerk said they had the right size, but not in the speed rating I need! He said if he put 99T tires and it is supposed to be 99H, then the warranty would be voided. So now I'm trying to find a place that carries the tires I can use on my vehicle! I never knew speed rating would be just as important as the size.

rpick89
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD

Hey All,

I need to get new tires on my 2009 Rogue SL AWD. The original tires are the Continental 4x4 Contact, 225/60R17.

Was originally quoted $790 for all four by my dealer 5 months back, and called 3 weeks ago and asked if quote was still good - they said yes. Called recently to schedule work and was told that quote was not in the system, blah, blah blah. Also indicated that those tires were back-ordered, but could get similar Continentals. Total cost quoted was $1,040 installed. I wasn't happy as it was to be paying $790, no way I will pay $1,040.

So now I am out researching other options for the vehicle. Has anyone out there had any experience with installing non-OEM tires? Any recommendations?

Thanks

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

check this site out. i only buy tires there:
65k warranty $93/each
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... lse&cs=225

60k warranty = $130/each

100k warranty $135/each

all are free shipping. they have many for our car

bundy26
Car: 2011 Buick Regal turbo

Try Tires-easy.com , great prices also.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Loving my Hankook Optimo H727's and DiscountTire Direct has a $50 MIR right now on a purchase of 4. If you use their credit card, you get another $30 MIR.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Original Equipment Size: 25/60-17
Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearc ... kage=false
Price range
Kumho Solus KH16 Grand Touring All-Season Set of 4: $476.00
Dunlop SP Sport 4000T DSST Grand Touring All-Season Set of 4: $944.00

http://www.goodyear.com/

You could also check your local Nissan dealership to see if they're running any specials.

Bill Lewis
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Firestone Grand Touring I believe is the model. Most importanly they have the proper speed rating for the Rogue. I',ve noticed a more solid ride and better braking with them. I believe I paid $670 installed, balanced, etc.

Good luck

Bill in NJ

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hi there, we've got a good long-running discussion thread on this already, here is the link:

all-season-replacement-tires-for-the-rogue-t385804.html

The most popular tires seem to be the Hankook Optimos and Yokahama Avid TRZ's. I installed a set of the Hankooks last year and they are awesome including in winter conditions. I paid $700 installed with lifetime free rotations and flat repairs. For comparision the Goodyear TripleTreds were priced at over $1200, with no future service included, and I believe the Hankooks are a much better quality tire.

I did some digging and found that Hankooks are all manufacturered in South Korea, they are fighting hard to dominate the NA market by not compromising on quality. The main reason they are much cheaper is because the do not deal with middle men distributors, they sell directly to the tire shops. My Mo-Tires shop calls the factory in Korea directly to make their orders, and they get the tires for much cheaper from half way around the world than they can from Goodyear plants that are just up the road, literally just a few miles away. The global economy is hard to understand sometimes, its too bad because I know we'd like to support local manufacturers but often its impossible. All you can do is go for the best product at the best price and Hankook fits the bill perfectly.

Someone mentinoed Kumho Soulus tires, my wife had a set of these on her Sorento and they weren't very good at all. We traded them off for a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's and we are much happier all-around.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Hey kerrton, I read peoples reviews on the Optimos and some said they got really loud after like 5k miles. How many miles/km have you put on yours and are they loud?

Asian
Car: 2012 Black Nissan Rogue Special Edition

I don't like the continentals at all. (not that I am looking to spend a bunch of money on new ones) But at the same time, I won't be complaining quite as much when I have to buy new tires. kerrton, I agree, Kumho tires were not very good. I had them on my Subaru and wasn't happy with them at all.

rpick89
Car: 2009 Rogue SL AWD

kerrton wrote:Hi there, we've got a good long-running discussion thread on this already, here is the link:

all-season-replacement-tires-for-the-rogue-t385804.html

The most popular tires seem to be the Hankook Optimos and Yokahama Avid TRZ's. I installed a set of the Hankooks last year and they are awesome including in winter conditions. I paid $700 installed with lifetime free rotations and flat repairs. For comparision the Goodyear TripleTreds were priced at over $1200, with no future service included, and I believe the Hankooks are a much better quality tire.

I did some digging and found that Hankooks are all manufacturered in South Korea, they are fighting hard to dominate the NA market by not compromising on quality. The main reason they are much cheaper is because the do not deal with middle men distributors, they sell directly to the tire shops. My Mo-Tires shop calls the factory in Korea directly to make their orders, and they get the tires for much cheaper from half way around the world than they can from Goodyear plants that are just up the road, literally just a few miles away. The global economy is hard to understand sometimes, its too bad because I know we'd like to support local manufacturers but often its impossible. All you can do is go for the best product at the best price and Hankook fits the bill perfectly.

Someone mentinoed Kumho Soulus tires, my wife had a set of these on her Sorento and they weren't very good at all. We traded them off for a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's and we are much happier all-around.
Thanks kerrton. I know I had searched for a tire thread but didn't see that one. Must not have done a very good job on that search. And thanks to everyone who chimed in with reccomendations, I appreciate it. I decided to go with the Hankook Optimo 727's. With their mail-in rebate I'm looking at $650 installed with lifetime rotation and balancing. Much better than what the dealer quoted, and by most accounts a much better tire than the Continentals.

Again, thanks all.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

rpick89 be sure to update us on what you think of the tires.

Sanders630
Car: 2009 Rougue SL AWD
Iridium Graphite

Last year I went with Pirelli P4's. Handle and break better. A little stiffer though. 90xxx mile warranty. Pretty good reviews on Tire Rack's testing as well. We had used them previously on our 2003 Altima and loved them especially in the snow.

Grimy
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD premium

A favorite here on this forum is the Yokohama Avid TRZ all season tires or NOKIAN WR G2 SUV TIRES all season tires.

mekvien

I live in Minnesota and have horrible winters....yesterday one of my rear tires wet totally flat (35,000 miles on them, drive far to work daily) and so Im wondering if I need to replace all 4. The tread looks worn, but I have no clue about good tires.I just want great reliable ones for winter! I dont want to go somewhere and get wheeled and dealed on crap. Any suggestions? The ones on now are Continental Contact 225/60/17.

mekvien

Anyone? Im looking at both the Yokohama Avid TRZ and the Hankook Optimos 727. My local discount tire does not have the Hankook in stock.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:newbie: Patience young grasshopper, some of us have lives outside the Nico forums. Please see this thread:
any-recommended-alternatives-to-oem-tires-t564798.html
Sorry, dead link
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mekvien

yes you are right I am a newbie lol and I was only kind of impatient because I have to get them today :) just took me an hour to drive to a store

Return to “Rogue Forum”