ALL differences between 2006 and 2007 M35 base model

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
scottm18
Car: 2007 M35
2011 AUDI S5

Ok guys...so I am 6'8" tall /38" inseam and for over a decade I drove a 2007 M35--because other than my Audi S5 convertible, it is the only car that I found in mega-hours of searching that fits me. The Sports model seat from that year didn't work and neither did the X model--neither had the same legroom. In addition, from 2008 and on the redesign also loses legroom (as i found out when i tried a 2010 for a few days). SO as the saying "if you can't beat em, join em goes...I have been searching for a 2006 or 2007 replacement base model for years now (should be virtually identical). This weekend I finally found a 2006 M35 with only 31K original miles (complete with the coveted Bose surround/adaptive CC mine did not have!) in immaculate condition t a good price--so i drove a few hours away and bought it. It pays to search "senior citizen alley" here in FL every so often.

I was thinking for awhile my original 2007 had been modified in either steering wheel tilt and/or seat track length before i got it (which both seemed usually long)--and now that I've had the 2006 for a few days I'm beginning to realize/sense there just not as much room as my 2007. I need every micron of legroom i can get (will cramp up with less) and although they should be the same, they may not be identical after all. I will get my original 2007 back early next week (not tradeable condition @ dealer) to where i can do a meticulous seat comparison and see what's going on.

I'm curious if anyone here knows the 2006/2007 differences offhand? i believe cabin microphone location and apparently functionality of "night/day" mode on the LCD screen (more straightforward in 2007 version). Does someone know *all* the differences there are? Shouldn't the seat/interior design be exactly the same?

Here's a couple pics...day with a fuzzy camera and night with a better one to show condition. Its like it was stuck in a time machine :)
Attachments
m35_2.jpg
m35_1.jpg

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome back!

I'm still surprised you're finding differences even between a 2006 and a 2010. It's the same car (chassis code Y50). It doesn't make sense to me :). It's not like the 2010 is 10 inches shorter in overall length. That being said, I could see possible some variation in sports seat vs not sport seats but I can't imagine Nissan, being as budget conscious as they are, having such variances in overall body dimensions of a vehicle from sub model to sub model or model year to model year of the same generation vehicle.

RE: the differences between the features on the cars, it may be best find the old brochures for these vehicles which detail the options, packages, etc. to get a 100% accurate list.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Shouldn't be too difficult to have a welder make extender rails to relocate the tracks. Might cost you 1/4" of headroom, but you can make as much legroom as you want. The only modification you might need to the car floor is a clearance hole at the back of the left track, because if I recall correctly that bolt is inside the track and a stud won't work.

scottm18
Car: 2007 M35
2011 AUDI S5

So I've had some time to check the differences between the 2006 and 2007 models. Interior-wise there is none and the reason my 2007 has more legroom is literally because the seat is so worn down there's like an inch less bolstering---effectively lowering my whole body. The exterior does have some differences---notably "reinforced" door moldings and a spoiler on the 2007.

But the big difference to me is the 2006 has that Bose Studio Surround system, which i have been wanting for a decade now. I see polarizing opinions here on it...but feed it the right material (a supremely recorded hi-res DVD Audio disc--see atached) and there's no way anyone would be disappointed with the sound quality. Even with the obviously cheap stock speakers. But the frequency on those discs is so low i have a rattle/buzz in both the rear deck and the right front door that really detracts from that performance (especially noticeable with Dreams on this disc). And damn to Bose for actually following the insidious watermark protection the best titles have so i can't copy my rare original discs to play in the car system though!

As for the rattling, I think for the door issue the clips may need replacing--and unlike my 2007 the rear deck now has 2 extra speakers to really resonate things. Luckily I've confirmed its not the door speaker itself (blown) as pressing hard on the panel quiets it--jury is still out on the rear deck. Anyone with the 14-speaker system experience similar and have a solution? Has anyone dynamatted the enclosures?
dvda.jpg

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”