Alarm going off at random...even after battery replacement

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

This has been going on for a about a month. At one point it was do it 3-4 times a day/night, within minutes of me turning off engine and locking door.

I replaced the battery (not signs the battery was going bad, but heard this was a symptom of such), not wanting to go thru a whole diagnosis on a 1 year old $50 Walmart battery. So I went and bought a better battery...which seemed to have cured the issue.

However, already twice it’s gone off within a week by itself. Not as often, but still. I don’t want to go into a movie, and it go off for hours when I’m not around.

Can’t think of anything why it’s suddenly doing it. I do still have an issue with the hood on the driver’s side (same side the hood open sensor is located) leaving about 1/2 inch gap. I’ve changed hood struts, replaced the hinge itself...still can’t get it to close flush. However it’s been that way for awhile without the alarm going off.

Anyone know?

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

More than likely the hood sensor itself. Replace it or try unplugging it. I think the hood switch activates the alarm when it receives a ground signal from the sensor (hood open). When the hood is closed the Body Control Module does not get ground on that circuit so unplugging it will just act like the hood is closed. Try it and see what happens.

98_Q45

MowgliCSM wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm
More than likely the hood sensor itself. Replace it or try unplugging it. I think the hood switch activates the alarm when it receives a ground signal from the sensor (hood open). When the hood is closed the Body Control Module does not get ground on that circuit so unplugging it will just act like the hood is closed. Try it and see what happens.
Hey there, I went ahead and did that the other day, disconnected and insulated the plug. It seems to be working so far for the last couple of days. Thanks, wish I would have did that before replacing battery, but I guess it’s just 1 less thing to worry about down the line.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”