Alarm goes off with Remote Start

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Sparkin5280
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Premium Pkg

I have a 2018 Rogue SV with Premium. It has the factory remote start. Almost every time that I remote start the vehicle, it will run for 10 or 15 seconds and then immediately shuts off and the factory alarm starts sounding, honking the horn. If I remote start the vehicle and then immediately press the unlock button on the fob, disarming the system then the vehicle will remain started in the alarm will not sound.

I searched around for this I can't seem to figure it out. On the dashboard it does not show any doors are open. Could it be the hood switch or something?

Thanks in advance!

DrunkenScotsman
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Did you ever figure this out? My wife's 2018 Rogue is doing the same thing. Dealer replaced the body control module they claim was bad but it is still going off

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The OP might have been on to something with the hood switch, the IPDM actually monitors that and not the BCM. It's also possible that the driver's lock cylinder switch is "falsing" when in the lock position, or that the lock/unlock switch or one of the door switches is falsing, not long enough to light any lamps but long enough to trigger the BCM. The only way we get to the bottom of stuff like that in the shop is to watch the BCM on live scan (Consult3+ Data Monitor) to see which input is changing when the alarm triggers. However, it generally takes an expensive scanner to read the BCM, and short of that, you might end up throwing a whole lot of parts at it to find the culprit.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”