Alabma 240 owners...Represent!

Including AR, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC
lukem80

noob checking in..

Montgomery, AL.. but I've lived in T-town, Bham, and Gadsden

I went from a '03 cobra with 500rwhp to a 96 240sx auto!!! haaaa. got tired of paying those payments and working on a Ferd.

car payment + mod money = broke

soon as these student loans are paid off.. I'm buying a house with a garage.. and wrecked LS1 car and hopefully swapping that bad boy in

here is a vid of the old car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEPiG_WEdU

and a pic of the new 240sx which handles about 900 times better than the cobra:

Shift_Alabama
Car: 1996 Mustang GT

There is alot of difference between a mustang and a 240. My chuki handled sooo much better than my GT but it feels soooooo good to stomp the accelerator and feel the rear tires break loose. But welcome to the thread and learn a bunch of stuff. You planning a swap or something?

lukem80

Shift_Alabama wrote:There is alot of difference between a mustang and a 240. My chuki handled sooo much better than my GT but it feels soooooo good to stomp the accelerator and feel the rear tires break loose. But welcome to the thread and learn a bunch of stuff. You planning a swap or something?
yeah.. I've had two new edge mustangs.. 01 bullitt with a vortech s trim and a 03 cobra with a ported eaton... and you are right.. I do miss the torque.. but give me about a year or so and this 240sx should have some good ole TQ. I'm going to try to do a LS1 swap hopefully. Hinson up in Bham is going to help me with the crossmemeber fab since I can't weld for shiat.

any one know of some good junkyards in Bama that might contain a S14 manual tranny conversion parts? or some 300zx Z32 brakes? I already got my buddy to pull a J30 diff we found at pull a part over in ATL.

Shift_Alabama

i think there's something like a Pull A Part in B'ham. Some of the MKIII Supra guys I know went down there and got an entire Supra interior for like $100 seats and all. I dunno where exactly it is but it's down there. I love your Cobra. It's the exact same car I wanna get when I graduate. Anything about em I should know?

U have an AIM by the way?

RS12Turbo

It's off Tallapoosa St. straight up in the hood You take I-59, exit Tallapoosa Street exit, turn left, go to first stoplight, turn left at the Kangaroo station, and it's about 2-3 miles down on the right.

Shift_Alabama

^ thanks man

I knew it was somewhere down there. You ever been down there?

lukem80

pull a parts are usually in the worst part of town.. LOL

my AIM is lukem80mf

best I ever ran in my cobra was 11.91 @ 121 which isn't too bad for a street car.

I've read in many places... that a STOCK ls1 (no cam or head work) bolted into a 240sx will run 11s out of the box with the right driver..

something to know about 03-04 cobra's?

- watch out for the driver's side head tick (its the valve guides) 03's mainly had this problem.

- also I wouldn't buy one with very low miles with a Kenne Bell or Whipple.. probably just used for a track car...

- check the rear diff and make sure its not leaking.. alot of people swap solid rears out of regular GTs and get rid of the IRS.

shpaintball
Car: 90' SOHC 240sx RIP, 92 DOHC KA project STOLEN 87 FC RX-7 TURBO ...93 KA died...89 SR20 DD..08 Titan new toy

so anyone in NOrth ALabama wanting to slide? seriously there is a place : ) you should come out sundays ...huntsville / old airport...off old airport rd. between the soccer fields

Shift_Alabama

lukem80 wrote:pull a parts are usually in the worst part of town.. LOL

my AIM is lukem80mf

best I ever ran in my cobra was 11.91 @ 121 which isn't too bad for a street car.

I've read in many places... that a STOCK ls1 (no cam or head work) bolted into a 240sx will run 11s out of the box with the right driver..

something to know about 03-04 cobra's?

- watch out for the driver's side head tick (its the valve guides) 03's mainly had this problem.

- also I wouldn't buy one with very low miles with a Kenne Bell or Whipple.. probably just used for a track car...

- check the rear diff and make sure its not leaking.. alot of people swap solid rears out of regular GTs and get rid of the IRS.
Damn 11's are relly quick for a street car with AC and a full interior. That's why I want one. Thanks for the heads up on the Cobra stuff. I still don't know why people swap out the IRS for a solid axle. I would love to get a set of coilovers for that sh*t, not swap in a solid axle.

Shift_Alabama

shpaintball wrote:so anyone in NOrth ALabama wanting to slide? seriously there is a place : ) you should come out sundays ...huntsville / old airport...off old airport rd. between the soccer fields
I'm down for next weekend if I can get up there. Hit me up.

lukem80

Shift_Alabama wrote:Damn 11's are relly quick for a street car with AC and a full interior. That's why I want one. Thanks for the heads up on the Cobra stuff. I still don't know why people swap out the IRS for a solid axle. I would love to get a set of coilovers for that sh*t, not swap in a solid axle.
the car chassis was developed to use a solid rear really... the IRS came along 15 years later and is a really crappy design... mine rode like crap anyways with the IRS.

they are nice cars.. but I got tired of paying the insurance and note on it.. they are really good at holding their value though.

anyone know of a place where I can get some 5 speed swap parts? I need the clutch pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder also.

shpaintball
Car: 90' SOHC 240sx RIP, 92 DOHC KA project STOLEN 87 FC RX-7 TURBO ...93 KA died...89 SR20 DD..08 Titan new toy

yes sir.... i got you w/ the five speed parts.....call me if you need them but ill mail them or you will need to come get them ....256 brad
Modified by shpaintball at 4:26 PM 8/14/2007

lukem80

shpaintball wrote:yes sir.... i got you w/ the five speed parts.....call me if you need them but ill mail them or you will need to come get them ....brad
thanks man... I have actually located most all the parts I need... might need the brake pedal assembly and the LONG hardline that hooks the master cylinder to the tranny.

I got your number written down... but I would edit your post... wouldn't want my phone number posted on a public forum!!!!!

shpaintball

yea i kno...i dont leave it long but about half of the people on this thread already have my number....ZZcoupe ....wanna help me out with that Z some time in the near future? its time i get the motor thrown in it

Shift_Alabama

So what's up everyone? I haven't been on here in a mean minute and I was wanting to see what everyone is up to. lukem80 you got that 5-speed swap done yet? It's worth it!

Shift_Alabama

Oh yeh. I was wanting to get a list of everyone's AIM names so we can IM each other instead of having to wait on posting in this thread.

zzcoupezz
Car: 92 240 sr hatch, 92 240 coupe, 93 240 coupe, 95 civic coupe

shpaintball wrote:yea i kno...i dont leave it long but about half of the people on this thread already have my number....ZZcoupe ....wanna help me out with that Z some time in the near future? its time i get the motor thrown in it
im up for it. but right now im in the middle of and out of town job. im leaving at 6 this morning heading back home for a few days. the people we are working for arent good a scheduling. so i could be home for 3 days or i could be home for 2 weeks. you can give me a call anytime tomorrow ill be on the road for 12 hours (im in orlando FL).

zzcoupezz
Car: 92 240 sr hatch, 92 240 coupe, 93 240 coupe, 95 civic coupe

oh yeah and ive got an 89' coupe with a single cam (ka24e) for sale. asking 1800. give me a call or email. make an offer. i need to sell it, or anything i have. my wife is not so happy about having three 240's and two civic's.

and ill soon have a 92' hatchback with an sr20 redtop(stock, motorwise, and bodywise), front mount, and full exhaust. great track car. let me know if your interested, and ill give more info.

Shift_Alabama

You selling the 240 with the SR? If so, how much?

1WheelWonder
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

I'm not dead!

So here is my like bi-monthly post for this section with a pic of the Alabama turf eater!

Shift_Alabama

Damn is it running yet? I still wanna see it!

shpaintball

just checking in with everybody on here i dont keep in contact with whats up !!! ...lets get a meet some time !!!

Shift_Alabama

I'm down. I found out that some a**hole loosened 4 of my 5 lugnuts on my front driver's side wheel...I'm gonna kill someone...

shpaintball

lol thats funny ...: ) i mean to me probably not to you tho...well i wanna get meet going b/c im tired of the bs in madison with everyone whining about wanting to be the boss....i dont care ..lets just get a meet say a cruise in 2weeks from sunday...so it would be ....SEPT. 15th say 2pm ....? well pick a place to grab a bit to eat and then go for a ride and if you guys are interested in drifting maybe get some in then to!!

Shift_Alabama

yeah what's up with all the bs on hsvdrifting? they seem to bicker so much...

lukem80

only thing I needed for my 5 speed swap was a clutch pedal assembly.. I'm just going to trim my brake pedal so it will work.. I also found me a console trim piece with shift boot.

here we go.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...h=003

gonna have that shipped to me next week..

a few weekends from now the fun starts. I'm gonna pay Hinson to mount the motor with his headers because I have no fab skills.. the rest of the stuff will come slowly..

already about $6500 bucks into this project ugh..

ohh.. I had a problem with my front struts too.. the guy I bought the car from cut the front springs to lower it.... ghetto.. one of the springs actually made it out of the strut bucket on a big bump.. found some Kyb struts/eibach springs on the forums for cheap.. won't be so low. alabama roads suck sometimes.

here in the next few months I'll have a 96 motor for sale with auto tranny. 126XXX miles. so lemme know if you want it.. its the dohc model.

PJB
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

I'm not a 240 owner, but I am currently doing mods on my 2007 3.5 SE 6-spd. This is the first Nissan I have owned, I've been modifying Chevy's for a lot of years, just a hobby I enjoy. I am actually from Hartselle, don't really know anyone who modifies Nissan's just American muscle but I've got to say I love my Nissan and get as excited about mods with it as I do my other hot rod's. Glad to see all who live in Sweet Home Alabama talking.

Buck

shpaintball

welcome PJB ...and good luck w/ the rest of your swap ....and how much for the motor ...JUST THE MOTOR i wont be needing a tranny

shpaintball

....just a quick question if anyone wants to help me out i have a 86 NISSAN 300ZX ...that im A) going to sell as is for 1600$....or B) install the turbo motor i have sitting next to it and keep her : ) ....

i really need to sell it ...so if anyone is interested ill make payments or something ect....or if you have a engine hoist and wanna help me install it i would pay you for your help and time : ) o yea the Z is one hell of a deal it blue books at 4000$ base ....on kbb.com

Shift_Alabama

Damn lukem, looks like you've got a helluva project in front of ya...good luck.
PJB wrote:I'm not a 240 owner, but I am currently doing mods on my 2007 3.5 SE 6-spd. This is the first Nissan I have owned, I've been modifying Chevy's for a lot of years, just a hobby I enjoy. I am actually from Hartselle, don't really know anyone who modifies Nissan's just American muscle but I've got to say I love my Nissan and get as excited about mods with it as I do my other hot rod's. Glad to see all who live in Sweet Home Alabama talking.

Buck
Welcome! I recently made the transition from a Nissan to American muscle and I can see the advantages to both, and I've still got the Nissan love! If you wanna ask any of us a question we'll try to answer it as best we can. Have fun while you're here!

so you still tryin to put a meet together shpaintball?

Return to “Southeast Region”