Airbag solid light

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
ceiph03
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL

I have headache to solve the airbag issue for my Altima 2013 3.5 SL.

Code was B0001-12 Driver airbag module [VB-Short] and B0002-12 Driver airbag module [VB-Short].
Another scanner showed B0001-13 and B0002-13.

In either cases, this is related to the steering wheel airbag module or corresponding cables including clock spring.

I have checked module itself have 2.2 Ohms for both Orange and Yellow cable,
clock spring change did not solve the issue.

I have checked airbag wires underneath the seat and pretensioners on the side, but no luck so far.

Is there any other thing I can try for the fix?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:
1. Depleted Airbag Backup Battery

If your car’s battery has drained recently, it may have also depleted the backup battery that powers the airbags. It may correct itself once the battery is fully charged again, but if not the backup battery will need to be recharged along with a sensor reset.

2. Faulty Sensors

Your vehicle has many different sensors connected to different components. They link directly to the car’s computer system to detect and notify the driver of any potential issues. Sensors can fail or be tripped on accident to cause the airbag warning to illuminate. The sensors will need to be checked and the system will need to be reset.

3. Damaged Airbag Clock Spring

The airbag clock spring is there to maintain continuity between the electrical wiring of the vehicle and the driver-side airbag. It coils in and out as the steering wheel turns. It can become worn out naturally over time, which causes a poor connection and potential airbag failures.

4. Wet Airbag Module

If your vehicle has experienced water damage, it could have affected the airbag module located under the driver and/or passenger seat. If it is shorted out or corroded, it won’t work properly.

Whether it’s on by mistake or through one of these common causes, your airbag warning light is there for a reason. If it comes on, you will want to get your airbag system and sensors repaired as soon as possible. Why have airbags if they are not going to work in case of accident?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's almost certainly the spiral cable (clockspring). Without water or wire damage, I've never seen a Nissan driver airbag fail (and I've seen many, many Nissan driver airbags). Check all your steering wheel switches and the horn, if anything else is inop then the spiral is rotten.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”