Air conditioning charge

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
DND
Car: Infiniti q50

I had to replace my engine in my q50 because my wife did not change the oil in 35k miles. So I had to remove the compressor...

The new motor is running great. The last thing I needed to do is recharge the system and it will not accept the charge.

The gage is reading 100 psi on both high and when the car is off. It has 100 psi on low side and 0 on the high side when the car is running ac is on auto and fan is on high.

I manually engaged the compressor to get it to do this. It did accept oil and half a can of refrigerant

It is still blowing hot.

What am I missing?

Dnd

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I hope you are still yelling at your wife as that's an expensive mistake

Not a AC guy but something, somewhere, may not be turning on. Best bet is to take it to the local tire/repair shop and have them take a look as it would be much cheaper than diagnostics at the dealership.

Aioros13
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium

You need to vacuum the system for about 1hr and do a leak test for at least 30min. This will ensure there is no air no moisture in the system and will help to take (suck in) the freon from a pressurized can.
Also (it's recommended) you need to replace the dryer/receiver due to the desiccant inside of it. Unfortunately the dryer-receiver and condenser are 1 whole unit.
The ac system has 16oz by weight (1/2 kilogram) of r134a capacity.

Bellresa
Car: non

I paid a lot of money to replace the aircon, but it's worth it.

Bellresa
Car: non

I didn't find a more suitable topic to ask. I have a Samsung air conditioner installed in my house since last year. My air conditioner stopped cooling the air. What could be the reason? I've already tried Googling, but I haven't found anything. This is very strange because he is only a year old. Maybe someone will recommend to me what to do. Maybe some companies are engaged in the repair of air conditioners?

Of course, it is easiest to buy a new air conditioner in this situation, but it will cost me a lot. Besides, why buy a new one when you can just fix the problem.
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove SPAM link

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”