(ahem) announcing MY project thread...pics. Naked pics of girls too.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
EW
Car: 95 S14
98 Cobra
06 F150 supercrew

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog...talogWhy would clowns fight on ebay for a stubby screwdriver when you can buy them directly from snap-on?

wirelessalpha
Car: 93 SR Vert, 96 318ti, 06 Altima

1. Top opens/closes automatically2. I am thinking of keeping the panels - maybe find a way to cut them up to fit here and there....why, you need them?

wirelessalpha

dunno -

speaking of which - I'm gonna need a new one. Mine just broke last week.

madcowvert

wirelessalpha wrote:you need them?
no i just wanted to know because i want kind of the same setup but i want to keep all of my panels and seats.

and when you say the top will open/close automatic do you mean that you won't need to pull the lever?

wirelessalpha

I mean it works the same as it always did. I didn't change anything - just push the button to control top + levers to latch.

I was thinking that maybe you thought I did something that caused my top to be manual or something....

madcowvert

I just wanted to make sure that the halo didn't get in the way.

Wiisass

Don't worry, the top still fits and attaches like normal. I knew Chi would get mad if it didn't work like normal, so I made everything fit around it. A couple of the pictures below show the fitment of the lever and the hooks with the cage.

Anyway, for those who don't know me, I'm Tim, I own TIP Engineering and am the one building Chi's cage. I'm excited, this is the first vert that I've done. It's a toss up which is easier a vert or a coupe, but the vert should be a lot cooler, well at least you can play around on the monkey bars a lot more with a vert.

Here's the rest of the pics of the cage. The door bars and roof bar are in, the dash just needs to be fitted and then everything can go back in and Chi can get whatever else he needs to get ready for doing the drifty on Wednesday. Anyone who's local should come out the event is going to be aweomse. You can come see the cage, the DA guys are going to be there. So come out and drive, it's always cool to see more people out there.

Oh and before the pics, I'll repond to some of the comments. Keeping the back interior panels would probably make things a lot harder than it needs to be. To keep them, you would have to space the main hoop in even further than it already needs to be on the vert. The main hoop is something like 5" thinner than the coupe/hatch main hoop already. So with the panels you would need to move it in even further, which would require the door bars to have an even more extreme bend than you see on Chi's car. Of course this would depend on how you want the door bars to fit and what seats you're running. Chi's seats are a little wider than most, so the door bars needed to be bent further out than if he were running a smaller seat.

But be keeping the panels and putting a bigger bend in the door bars, you would be moving the center of the x even further back. I just don't think it would be worth it.

I don't think there's really much else though. I'll either post pics or let Chi do it after the dash gets fit up and everything else goes back in the car. So sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening they should be up.

Anyway, picture time.

madcowvert

The reasson i ask about the panles is because i want to keep mine in the car. i want a halo setup but i don't need half of that stuff like the door bars. in my vert i'm doing it more for the safety/coolness purpose. i dont drift or track the car so it dosen't really matter how stiifer the car comes out.

How much would the same setup come out to with out the door bar's? more or less i would like to know to have an idea. i know that your really far away.

non the less this thing looks sweet...

Wiisass

Well you might be able to keep the panels, but it would probably be a lot of extra work. If you look at the cage, I cut out part of the factory support to mount the rear bars. So there's a big gap missing there. I mean I guess you could do the cage and then trim and fit the panels, but some may have to go. I guess it depends on what you want.

As for pricing, it would depend on how it was done. It's going to be a lot of extra work to either design the cage around keeping the interior stuff or fitting up all the interior panels after, so I don't really know how much I would charge to do it. But fitting up all the panels would definitely negate the money saved from not running door bars and then some.

Anyway, here's the pics from tonight.

All done.

wirelessalpha

ok - so I spent 2 days driving the vert.

WOW B.I.G. D.I.F.F.E.R.E.N.C.E

SERIOUSLY.

Now I feel good...I mean, real good. This thing is stiffer than me - and that's no small feat...

For those of you who have been thinking about it... DO IT!!!!!

Topless_92
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Cage looks really nice, i'm hoping to get mine in soon (Mostly for looks and maybe weekend fun at the track, once my cars put together)...I'm planning on doing some sheet metal panels (Maybe Wrapped) to kinda clean up the look behind the seats so u don't see bare metal. I was gonna ask about the latches for the top, if they got in the way but your pictures answered that for me Looks great!

wirelessalpha

"Mostly for looks" ???

riceboy.

in anycase, thanks for the kind words topless.

PS: next step: wheels! look for updates soon...

Topless_92
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Convertible

wirelessalpha wrote:"Mostly for looks" ???

riceboy.

in anycase, thanks for the kind words topless.
Actually, my brother is getting his business started so i can show off some of his work and advertise a bit....Also for safety and rigidity of course Meh...

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Damn how did I miss all of this? The cage looks great Chi! Props to your boy Tim for doing such a nice job on it. Now with all that said, clean your damn car!

Also, the pics are nice but you got some drift footage to share?

nissan_star
Car: 2000 maxima se and 1993 240sx vert (5sp!!!)

Freaking awesome bump.

anyone have whereabouts of this car? I want to see some side shots of it.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”