Aftermarket backup sensor

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
silverboy

AznJohn22 wrote:
how hard was it to remove the rear bumper? sorry to be off topic.
That was the easy part of the install. I removed the bumper in about fifteen minutes all together.I placed two heavy blankets for cushion.I was able to removed it by myself.

Two screws on top, three clips in the bottom center, clip and screw at each bottom end. I removed the black panel above the splash guard and there is another screw there(top part) and three more clips on ech end.... Sorry, confused?

Here is a pic, I hope it helps

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

silverboy wrote:I got them in the mail yesterday and got them from Fleabay. They flip open when you place the car in rev and closes when you take it off. The quality is amazing, and it comes with four sensors. They only sell the sensors in black color(NO PROBLEM) but I'll paint the in Silver color.

Here is a pic of the ones I will be using. I paid like $70 shipped.
Hmmm... I'll have to check that one out as well. Until you get around to installing and sending pics of the finished installation... how about posting some pics of the kit (contents) whats in the box etc.

What I like about the one you found is you get three warning indicators, 1) Display of actual physical distance 2) Color: Green Go - Red STOP! 3) A VOICE warning. Neat! The only thing I don't think I care for is it appears the one you found is meant to be dash mounted (I see mounting holes)

I've been looking at this one. It also activates automatically when shifting into reverse. The good news is you don't need to install anything on or in your dash... it just clips onto your sun visor. Like the one you found, it also displays the distance from the back of your car to the object "and" the display automatically opens up (pops down) when you put your car in reverse. Place the car in drive and it closes back up... out of sight. Pretty trick.

Here's a quick 20 second video clip of the automatic close/open function so you can see what I'm talking about:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC-8lkU-GkI

Modified by Elton Noway at 12:46 PM 8/1/2009
Modified by Elton Noway at 12:48 PM 8/1/2009

silverboy

Elton Noway wrote:Another attractive aspect is you don't need to install anything in your dash... it just clips onto your sun visor. Like the one you found, it also displays the distance from the back of your car to the object "and" the display automatically opens up (pops down) when you put your car in reverse. Place the car in drive and it closes back up... out of sight. Pretty trick.

Modified by Elton Noway at 12:35 PM 8/1/2009
I liked that unit as well, I had my eyes on it, but the fact that you have to run cables to the top/visor will be a pain. Also, I don't think I would like that unit hanging off my visor. I had the center area in mind for that install.I think it is a nice unit too.

I done it before, I had run cables before and sometimes you run to the curtain airbags area. I have installed compass/mirrors before. Hey, the stealership wants around $250 for the mirrors but I paid like $10 in the past from junk yards(if anyone wants to do that mirror)

Elton Noway

silverboy wrote:
I liked that unit as well, I had my eyes on it, but the fact that you have to run cables to the top/visor will be a pain. Also, I don't think I would like that unit hanging off my visor. I had the center area in mind for that install.
Howedy Silverboy.. So... the one thing that causes me to pause with the unit you found is mounting. I see the holes in the base. The idea of screwing it to anything inside my Rogue causes me to shudder.

Getting wire to the sunvisor area has never been a problem for me ( I simply tuck / wedge) the wires into the crack where the windshield meets the roof pillars and the headliner trim meets the edge of the windshield.

So where exactly do you envision mounting your unit.? Since it opens automatically the only place I can see it going is on top of the dash. Even if you were to use double sided tape or velcro I can't think of a place to install it that will look like a clean professional installation. Except for mounting I sure like the design of the unit you found. I'm hoping you have a cool plan for installation it that I can borrow.

So... as to the backup sensors themselves... will you be drilling the bumper after all instead of using the stick on ones?

Just FYI: I also found this "Wireless" model. Again, it mounts on the dashboard (which I'm not a fan of)... but at least there are no wires to run! It's advertised as designed for "commercial Vehicles" and accurate to within 1/2 inch!

http://www.worktruck-outfitter....html

Modified by Elton Noway at 1:44 PM 8/1/2009

silverboy

Elton Noway, I already did the install and I didn't drill the LCD, I used the tape provided.

Here is the link of the install and pictures. Let me know if you have any question.zer...npics

Elton Noway

silverboy wrote:Elton Noway, I already did the install and I didn't drill the LCD, I used the tape provided.

Here is the link of the install and pictures. Let me know if you have any question.zer...npics
Wow...how could I have any questions after a great write up like with all the excellent photos. Great job. Heck... the sensors look like they were installed at the factory!

Kristen5520
Car: Audi Q7

Hi All,
I know I'm late in posting (don't get on here much) but I just wanted to thank you for your time and efforts in creating this review.But you can check this forum info:post5706485.html#p5706485

Return to “Rogue Forum”