AEM wideband install... Help with old o2 signal.

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
RXXXII
Car: R32

Ok guys so I'm almost positive that the stock o2 sensor reads a 0-1v reading that is sent to the ecu... soooooo....

When installing the aem wideband into the stock o2 bung... there is no longer a signal wire going to the ecu... sooo.....

The only output wire I see on the AEM wiring diagram are the blue and green wires out of the gauge. I belive AEM say the green goes to a datalogger, which I don't have... so it's capped off.

BUT the other output is labeled as the 0-5v signal out. Do i just input this into the old o2 signal wire to the ecu? Will this 4v difference in signal affect the ecu at all?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

There is a VERY small rotary switch on the back of the gauge. You need a LITTLE (like for glasses), flat head screwdriver. If you look inside, it should be pointed to P0. Turn it to P4. Now your white wire will emulate an narrow band (stock type) O2 sensor.

See pages 9,10, & 11 in the installation manual

kingtal0n
Car: 240sx

You should be able to adjust the narrowband output voltage of the AEM -> ECU wire. i was able to get it such that 15.3:1 air fuel was .004Volts and 14.8:1 air fuel was .994 volts. That way you can cruise with an average 15:1 or so and get an extra MPG or two.

Return to “Engine Tuning”