Adding OEM Nissan Fog Lights to the Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
philipa_240sx

I received this e-mail today from another member. It appears the wiring for the fog lights do exist on S and SL models that did not come with factory installed fog lights. I cannot comment if the part numbers are correct, you will have to verify this with your local dealer.

edited from the original e-mail for clarity and to add a few steps
I installed the OEM fog lamps today. It took about 2 hours. It is kind of expensive through the dealer but it is worth it and looks great.

For those interested they will need to order:

1ea fog lamp 26150-8990a

1ea fog lamp 26155-8990a

1ea bracket 26910-jm00a

1ea bracket 26915-jm00a

1ea switch turn dimmer 25540-ee90e

1ea clip 62228-5z000

4ea screw 01456-00451

My Rogue S model was prewired for fog lamps. The plugs where taped up near the windshield washer tank and the same for the other side.

Remove the fog light trim pieces (they snap in) and install the brackets and fog lights. Plug the harness into the fog light.

Note: Removing the splash shield under the front bumper and/or the front portion of the wheel well splash shield may help with access.

Take the three screws out under the steering wheel cowling, un-snap the cowling, and remove the light switch assembly. Install the new switch, put cowling back on and you are done.

You can adjust the fog lamps through the hole in bottom of front bumper. They work great and look great. They go out when you put high beams on. For those interested, look for relay and fuse under the hood. It's a black square compartment and is marked fog lights. If they are there I guess it is wired for fog lamps mine was.

Hope this helps everyone.

Leo2005

When I took out the headlights I saw 2 wires tied up to the wires. So I assume that were wires for fog lights.

JDMRyde

How much did it cost for all the parts to install the OEM fog lights??

philipa_240sx

Prices (in $US) from our site sponsor : http://www.everythingnissan.com

fog lamp right 26150-8990a - $118

fog lamp left 26155-8990a - $126

bracket right 26910-jm00a - $13

bracket left 26915-jm00a - $13

switch turn dimmer 25540-ee90e - $58

2x clip 62228-5z000 - $4

4x screw 01456-00451 - $4

Total: $336

JDMRyde

I think i may go with this approach.Do you have pictures to go with installation process??Is this a hard install? I dont want anything to do with the steering wheel airbags

philipa_240sx

It is a very simple install. I did the ones on my Altima in about an hour. No tampering with the airbags is involved nor do you have to splice any wiring. I do not have a step-by-step for you, but you can read more in the manual:

Section EXL, Page 123 & 124.

Goto the Official Rogue FAQ for links to the manuals.

JDMRyde

i can't seem to view it.Is it possible to post it on here?

Leo2005

philipa_240sx

JDMRyde wrote:i can't seem to view it.Is it possible to post it on here?
Yeah, something went screwy with the link.

Goto the Official Rogue FAQ and you will find the links to all the manuals including the EXL section I mentioned.

peter94506

Does anyone know if the wiring for the fog light switch is located by the light switch assembly inside the cab of the Rogue. Or is the switch wiring located someplace else?

philipa_240sx

The fog light switch is integrated with the headlight/turn signal switch on the LH side of the steering wheel.

Here is a photo, look carefully at the headlight switch and you will see the additional switch 'ring' with a symbol of a fog light.

You can obtain the OEM foglight switch by simply ordering the entire headlamp switch assembly I noted above: Switch turn dimmer #25540-EE90E

peter94506

Ahh, I see now. Thanks for the picture. That helps a lot.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

philipa_240sx wrote:The fog light switch is integrated with the headlight/turn signal switch on the LH side of the steering wheel.

Here is a photo, look carefully at the headlight switch and you will see the additional switch 'ring' with a symbol of a fog light.

You can obtain the OEM foglight switch by simply ordering the entire headlamp switch assembly I noted above: Switch turn dimmer #25540-EE90E
i'm a lil confused. does the flog lights turn on with the head lights? or does it come with the switch next to the AWD lock?

philipa_240sx

AznJohn22 wrote:i'm a lil confused. does the fog lights turn on with the head lights? or does it come with the switch next to the AWD lock?
The switch next to the AWD lock is the HID headlight level/aiming adjustment. It has nothing to do with the fog lights. The fog light switch is the small 'ring' on the LH stalk/turn signal (about 1.5" from the end).

The fog lights will only operate with the headlights turned on. At least that's the way all my previous Nissan's did. There is no way to operate the fog lamps independently.

ThandaPani
Car: 2010 Rogue SL

Can the Fog light be setup without changing the switch and somehow connecting it with headlight to be turned on automatically? Fog light doesn't cause any traffic worries, does it?

philipa_240sx

ThandaPani wrote:Can the Fog light be setup without changing the switch and somehow connecting it with headlight to be turned on automatically? Fog light doesn't cause any traffic worries, does it?
No, it doesn't work unless you change the headlamp switch.

The only way around this is to abandon the OEM wiring harness and install a relay that activates the fog lamps when the low beam head lamps are turned ON. Not impossible to do, but you need to be familiar with automotive wiring systems to attempt doing this yourself.

Leo2005

But the best option with relay will be installing aftermarket switch rather than connecting to headlights. When I added my fog lights w/ 3000k hid kit I connected my relay to 12V+ switched of my dvd player in this case I can turn my fog lights independently w/o headlights but they turn off when I take the key off (just in case not to forget) so it's like DRL project but you can turn them off:

ThandaPani

Leo's idea looks good. I am however not a big fan of those after market switches. But then again, the OEM stuff cost too darn much. So ,I guess, I'll have find a middle ground. Thanks for the pics Leo... It definitely spoke a thousand words..

hooligan256
Car: '10 Silver Ice Rogue SL

I bought some aftermarket fog lights online and tried to install them today. After a lot of searching for the factory wiring, I have determined that my Rogue SL is not prewired for factory fog lights. Where else do you think they could be hiding?

ThandaPani

switch turn dimmer 25540-ee90e - $58

The list is saying $58.00, but the website says $80.05 :wtf2: after discount. My dealer qouted me something like that, too. Any idea where I can get one for $58.00? Cause that would a great deal.

ErMasta

Ebay is your best bet but they go for about 50-60......

philipa_240sx

hooligan256 wrote:I bought some aftermarket fog lights online and tried to install them today. After a lot of searching for the factory wiring, I have determined that my Rogue SL is not prewired for factory fog lights. Where else do you think they could be hiding?
There are two 1" diameter drain holes located directly below the fog light... under the bumper. You should be able to peer through and see a wire harness tied up behind the fog light. Here a photo courtesy of Leo2005... the harness in the one in the middle of the photo, with the yellow plug (barely visible) and bundled together.

Yev
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hello, everyone. I recently installed OEM fog lights for my 2008 Nissan Rogue but I cannot seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere regarding splicing the fog light and low beam headlight wires and connecting them. I honestly don't want to buy a new combination switch for $80+ when I can splice two wires and achieve the same effect for only $0.50. Might anyone be able to offer me a hand on this one?

*I checked past threads and couldn't find the information I was looking for...

Regards,

Yev

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

You're just trying to tap into the positive turn on, on the Low beams right?

Yev

Hi, rdub2k4. You've got it. I don't know which wires to connect at the combination switch harness. Have been looking online for over a week now and still haven't found anything. Might you know the colour coding for the two wires?

Thanks,

Yev

rdub2k4

Yev wrote:Hi, rdub2k4. You've got it. I don't know which wires to connect at the combination switch harness. Have been looking online for over a week now and still haven't found anything. Might you know the colour coding for the two wires?

Thanks,

Yev
Honestly Yev, I wouldn't mess with the combination switch harness. In my opinion, if you wanted your fog lights to always turn on with your Low Beams, I would tap into one of your headlight Low Beam wires (positive) and run it to a relay. Relay triggering power on the fog lights. This way your fog lights get their own power source direct from the battery, and you don't have to worry about pulling additional amperage from the headlight source.

This could help prevent popping fuses.

All of this could be done under the hood, preferably on the Driver's side where the battery is.

Yev

rdub2k4 - Sorry, what I actually meant to say was that I am trying to power the fog lights separately but trigger their relay in the "ON position" when the low beam headlights are ON. I did the same with my friend's 2007 Toyota Matrix and I only had to splice two coloured wires and connect them. I'm not sure what the colour coding on the 2008 Rogue is, though...regardless it's practically the same thing as buying a combination switch that has the fog light option...but only costs $0.50.

rdub2k4

Ah ok, so when you turn your headlights "On" the fogs will turn on as well. I get it. I still think using the headlight positive wire as a trigger will do the thing. Cuz when you turn on your parking lights, the fogs will stay off. They'll only come on when you turn your low beams on.

I'm not having any luck finding a wiring diagram on the combination switch. I don't think my lady will let me take the cover off so I can test it with a multimeter :\

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

rdub2k4 wrote:Ah ok, so when you turn your headlights "On" the fogs will turn on as well. I get it. I still think using the headlight positive wire as a trigger will do the thing. Cuz when you turn on your parking lights, the fogs will stay off. They'll only come on when you turn your low beams on.

I'm not having any luck finding a wiring diagram on the combination switch. I don't think my lady will let me take the cover off so I can test it with a multimeter :\
Try this link to the 2011 FSM section on the external lighting system http://minus.com/lbmlhIiBmcACv0 is a 5.5mb .pdf file.

rdub2k4

Awesome link, thanks a lot man.

Well, looks like your only option Yev is at the headlight wires themselves. The Combination switch sends a signal to the BCM, which is then communicated by the CANBUS system to turn on and off the lights. There are no individual wires at the combination switch.

Return to “Rogue Forum”