Adding OEM Nissan Fog Lights to the Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Nothing Nissan has had individual wires in the Combo for a very long time. The BCM uses a strobed matrix-key setup to read the various switches. There's much less wiring for the factory that way, 10 wires can decode 24 possible switches. The actual matrix is called out in the BCM->Combination Switch section of most of the SM's. It can be read by an external device by tapping the desired strobe-pair, but it requires some smartwork, the signal is active and not static. The smartwork must monitor for a strobe on the input AND a corresponding strobe on the output, that means the targeted switch is closed.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

grambette wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:24 pm
I'm trying to find a correct Nissan Part Number for a new turn signal/dimmer fog lights for a 2020 Rogue SV, with fog lamps and auto headlamps, I came up with a number but I'm not sure its correct for my model/year, its 25560-7FR5C. Some of these switches must match where the car was made, my vin numbers in pos. 1,2 and 3 are KNM, and the 7 pos. is M. I have a feeling this vehicle was made in Korea...any ideas?
FREE Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup provided by National Highway Traffic Safety
https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/

The 2020 model is too new to be listed on many parts supplier websites. Given the fact that car mfgr. do not completely redesign their vehicles every year, the turn stalk you're looking for will fit multiple years. Also the correct part number is more often determined by the trim level. In your case, Part number 25560-7FR5C fits Rogue model years 2017 to 2020.

Find the correct parts for your car by entering your VIN here: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/

SanOK
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

Hey! Hope I can still get an answer)). Did your S models have a bracket under the headlight cover? I mean, how do you install the headlight itself? Why attach it to the bumper?

SanOK

philipa_240sx wrote:
Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 pm
I received this e-mail today from another member. It appears the wiring for the fog lights do exist on S and SL models that did not come with factory installed fog lights. I cannot comment if the part numbers are correct, you will have to verify this with your local dealer.

edited from the original e-mail for clarity and to add a few steps
I installed the OEM fog lamps today. It took about 2 hours. It is kind of expensive through the dealer but it is worth it and looks great.

For those interested they will need to order:

1ea fog lamp 26150-8990a

1ea fog lamp 26155-8990a

1ea bracket 26910-jm00a

1ea bracket 26915-jm00a

1ea switch turn dimmer 25540-ee90e

1ea clip 62228-5z000

4ea screw 01456-00451

My Rogue S model was prewired for fog lamps. The plugs where taped up near the windshield washer tank and the same for the other side.

Remove the fog light trim pieces (they snap in) and install the brackets and fog lights. Plug the harness into the fog light.

Note: Removing the splash shield under the front bumper and/or the front portion of the wheel well splash shield may help with access.

Take the three screws out under the steering wheel cowling, un-snap the cowling, and remove the light switch assembly. Install the new switch, put cowling back on and you are done.

You can adjust the fog lamps through the hole in bottom of front bumper. They work great and look great. They go out when you put high beams on. For those interested, look for relay and fuse under the hood. It's a black square compartment and is marked fog lights. If they are there I guess it is wired for fog lamps mine was.

Hope this helps everyone.
Hey! Hope I can still get an answer)). Did your S models have a bracket under the headlight cover? I mean, how do you install the headlight itself? Why attach it to the bumper?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

SanOK wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:58 pm
Practically all Nissan fogs since the '90's either have brackets that attach to the bumper skirt or simply use clip-nuts to attach to the skirt directly. The prewires will be there, but whatever attachments the lamps require will come with the kit. If I recall correctly, the gen1 and gen2 Rogues both use clip-nuts.

SanOK

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm
SanOK wrote:
Practically all Nissan fogs since the '90's either have brackets that attach to the bumper skirt or simply use clip-nuts to attach to the skirt directly. The prewires will be there, but whatever attachments the lamps require will come with the kit. If I recall correctly, the gen1 and gen2 Rogues both use clip-nuts.
can you help me find out the exact number of this bracket part or what it looks like, is there a photo?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

6mm thread, 2 required per lamp.

Clip Nut.jpg
Clip Nut.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 1299 times

SanOK

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:31 am
6mm thread, 2 required per lamp.

Clip Nut.jpg
Thank you very much, you helped me! :dblthumb:

SanOK

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm
SanOK wrote:
Hey! Could you take a look at these switches and specify which one should work for Rogue 1gen? The point is that these two different switches can be labeled with different part numbers or the same, depending on the seller. Thanks in advance for any help!
Attachments
Screenshot_20210922-214954.png
Screenshot_20210922-214918.png

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's no good way to tell unless you know the Nissan p/n or the VIN for the vehicle the switch came from. The OE (Niles) never puts Nissan p/n's on their stalks, and the number on the switch is only a date/lot code. The only way to tell if an unidentified stalk will work for your ride is to ohm the pins in the direction of the diodes and close the switches to see if the matrix corresponds to your vehicle's SM.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - The p/n's specified by the vendors may be supersessions, so it's possible they fit the same applications but have different p/n's. The only way to sort that out is to visit NissanPartsDeal and get the instructions for the accessory fogs for your model-year, that will tell you the p/n that comes with the kit. Then enter the p/n's for the unidentified switches and see if they supersede to the p/n in the kit.

SanOK

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:58 pm
PS - The p/n's specified by the vendors may be supersessions, so it's possible they fit the same applications but have different p/n's. The only way to sort that out is to visit NissanPartsDeal and get the instructions for the accessory fogs for your model-year, that will tell you the p/n that comes with the kit. Then enter the p/n's for the unidentified switches and see if they supersede to the p/n in the kit.
Thank you so much!

Return to “Rogue Forum”