Adding OEM Nissan Fog Lights to the Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4 wrote:I would tap into one of your headlight Low Beam wires (positive) and run it to a relay. Relay triggering power on the fog lights. This way your fog lights get their own power source direct from the battery, and you don't have to worry about pulling additional amperage from the headlight source.

This could help prevent popping fuses.

All of this could be done under the hood, preferably on the Driver's side where the battery is.
BINGO! spot on advice

Yev
Car: Nissan Rogue

Thank you all. Really appreciate the help! :)

Leo2005

Did it again OEM fogs + Aftermarket Harness, Switch etc = Independent Lamps
Blue led switch will be replaced soon with red to match the rest of the lights. Actually I thought about "Zombie Lights" switch :-)

nycxraytech
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hey Leo2005,

I have the same car 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD, can you tell me where you bought all the parts to install the fog lights? :confused:

Leo2005

P/N: 999F1-G2000 but I didn't use the original fog light switch. Instead I ran it throw relay with aftermarket switch so I can use them independently.

nismo75
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Red with Sunroof package

We added the OEM fogs too at the dealership and our total was $300 parts and labor and took about 45min.
now it looks way better so happy with them.

valetek
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009

anyone have pictures of where pre wired fog light plugs are / look like?

also - any pictures on how to remove fog light covers and install new fog lights/ and brackets , ?

Thanks , !

titoteo
Car: Nissan Rogue 08

I have a 08 Rogue and apparently does not have been pre wire for foglights. Any one knows how I can wire my foglihts. I buy everything this post recommended parts. Help please

n0s_speed
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV
2015 Nissan Rogue S
2013 Nissan Versa

valetek wrote:anyone have pictures of where pre wired fog light plugs are / look like?

also - any pictures on how to remove fog light covers and install new fog lights/ and brackets , ?

Thanks , !
use this site...

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_ ... tsbType=AI

Leo2005

You will have to run a new set of wires. Make sure to get H11 sockets (ebay for example or local auto store) so you can connect it to the bulb. To get an idea where and how to run the harness check this thread: how-to-make-your-rogue-go-thump-thump-t ... 71349.html

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Just a quick FYI note on the parts list seen in the first post. 2010-2013 and possibly newer, you do not need the fog lamp mounting brackets as they are integrated into the bumpers.

BIGCITY3D
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Thank you so much for this reassuring information, because I'm in the process of upgrading our Rogue.
Was hoping to ask one question; Does the IPDM E/R( intelligent Power Module Distribution Module)(Engine Room)
already have a 15 amp fuse in position # 65. Any idea where this IPDM E/R is in the engine room?
Thank you

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

BIGCITY3D wrote:Thank you so much for this reassuring information, because I'm in the process of upgrading our Rogue.
Was hoping to ask one question; Does the IPDM E/R( intelligent Power Module Distribution Module)(Engine Room)
already have a 15 amp fuse in position # 65. Any idea where this IPDM E/R is in the engine room?
Thank you
Welcome to NICO!

Factory Service Manual Database
Nissan Rogue Factory Service Manuals

synapseCB
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

can anyone do a tutorial for the 2015 i already have the fogs with HID in the garage

jeffs555
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

I imagine you already have the fogs installed by now.

For anyone contemplating installing Nissan's 999F1-G2000 fog kit, here is a link to the installation instructions.
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... /1UG18.PDF

I was ready to order the kit, but after reading the instructions, I may not. I watched a youtube video for the Altima, and the light switch stalk looked very similar, and just mounted on top of the steering column. It looks like the Rogue stalk assembly completely surrounds the steering column. The instructions say you must remove the air bag and steering wheel to install the new light switch stalk.

henknoordermeer

I've added the fog lights using using the pre-exisiting wiring, using a separate dashboard mounted switch.

As mentioned in the previous post, the retrofit light stalk (called combination switch in the manual) with fog lights option requires removing the entire steering wheel, powering off the car and unplugging the airbag wiring which I didn't feel comfortable doing.
(E.g. would a code be required for the radio/nav unit if un-powered for too long? What else could be reset? etcetera).

So what I did was:
- Mount the fog lights in the bumper, and attached the pre-wired (factory installed) harness.
- Remove the plastic cover under the steering column (unscrewing the two screws that show if you turn the steering wheel).
- Lower the plastic part of the dashboard just above the gas and brake pedal (that also holds all the buttons for power door lock, eco mode, sport mode, AWD lock and so):
1) remove the cover from the fuse box ( on the left hand side of the dashboard, accessible only with opened door. pry it off with a philips screw driver or so.
2) undo the two bolts (10mm i think) of the bracket for the hood and fuel cap cover handles.
3) pull gently on the cover until it snaps out. (i only pulled the left side out, and let it hang on the still connected right side.
(since I placed the new switch in the place of the power back-door main switch, I needed access to this area. therefore I also unscrewed the 3 screws holding the upper switch bracket in the dashboard.)
- I wired the on/off switch (make/break contact switch), to the combination switch wiring.
(looked at the switching diagram of the combination switch and concluded the fog light is controlled at output 1 / input 5 (see BCS-9 of the manual)
(I also looked at the manual BCS-37 to figure which color the wiring was : terminal 34 (Y): Yellow and terminal 38 (V) : Violet.)
- I simply spliced those wires in the wiring harness close to the connector at the combination switch as that turned out to be the easiest point to access. After splicing and tapping the wiring to the new switch I made sure to apply plenty of electrical tape to prevent and shorts or malfunctions in the future. I also routed the new wiring all along that existing harness from the combination switch with zip ties.. Remember: the column can move when it is adjusted and you wouldn't want any movement of the column to snap the wiring off.

I used a Nissan fog light switch that matched the design of the switches in the switch panel and simply disconnected the plug from the tail door master switch. (When unconnected it defaults to the ' enabled ' position in the BCM = the computer).

It took me quite some time to find and decipher the sections in the manual and figure out this procedure, but with all parts available it is a job that can be done well within an hour. If I had to do it again myself, having done it before, i would say it is a job I could do in 30 minutes tops.

outtolearn88
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Great Job ! Can you post a picture of the switch you used ? That's a very good alternative you put together.

Thanks for sharing

jeffs555
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Do you have a part number for the switch you used?

I haven't done it yet, but planned to do it like you did with a separate switch wired into the combo light switch. One important thing is that the combo switch is a switch matrix and needs a diode for each switch. (see BCS-10) Without the diode, you would get some strange results such as the rear washer coming on when you operate the right turn signal when you have the high beams on and the fog light switch on. Don't know if the switch you used has a built in diode or not.

esjay
Car: 2010 Rogue

I went a slightly different path to converting the fog lamps to DRL. Here is what this method produces:
When the car is “on,” the fog lights are on. When the car is “off,” the fog lights are off. No modifications to the vehicle are visible, even when looking under the hood.
This approach is also about as cheap and simple as you can get. Beyond the fog lamps, the only thing required is a piece of wire and some solder. This solution will work with or without the fog lamp-capable control wand, so save some money and continue to use whichever one you already have.

Summary:
We are changing the rules inside the IPDM so that it will send commands to the fog lamp relay based on the vehicle state rather than the fog lamp switch.
Before our change, when the IPDM receives the signal from the BMC that the vehicle is running, it pulls down line 4 on the bridge between its control board and relay board. When the IPDM receives the fog light on signal, it pulls down line 24. To be good DRLs, they should be on even when the headlights are off, which the normal fog light control does not allow.
Our change will send the line 4 signal to both line 24 and 4 and ignore the normal fog lamp control input.

Tools required:
Small screwdriver or other pry tool
Soldering iron and solder
Small piece of wire

What to do:
Pull out the IPDM (the black relay and fuse box under the air intake)
Open the IPDM
Mark jumper line 24 and 4 so you don’t accidentally solder the wrong ones together
Solder a jumper wire between line 24 and 4. (As a precaution against causing excess load on the control module, and thus heat and early failure, I also cut the control side of jumper 24, as you can see in the photo. In theory, the circuit is protected and this is not necessary, so it is your call.)
Install fog lamps if your vehicle does not have them. The Nissan ones fit much better than the much cheaper alternatives on eBay.
I also chose some nice Philips LED bulbs to make the DRLs more efficient:

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2NHLTI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00U2NHLTI&linkCode=as2&tag=ezjay-20&linkId=f2ff59bd1d3598fcc4dade2f08729ee7
Unless you enjoy frequently changing the fog lamp bulbs, avoid the no-name LEDs. They generally have poor reliability.

Put it all back together and enjoy!

I made this modification a few months ago and have been very happy with it. I hope you will like it too!

Jiggydogo
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SV

Is it possible to do this mod so that the fog lights turn on when the headlights turn on instead of being on all of the time?

bjarby
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue select

I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue select AWD that did not come with fog lights. I followed this post and purchased a light selector switch (25540-ee90e off of Ebay) with the one that has the fog light ring. I installed the new switch and connected my new LED fog lights to the factory wiring (as mentioned in the tread). However my fog lights will not turn on (all other light functions still work with the new switch). I used a multi-meter to determine the factory wiring harness is not getting power. Is there a relay or fuse I need to install? Please help? :confused:

bjarby
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue select

Update. Nissan said my fog light fuse was blown in the IPDM and the terminals on the aftermarket fog lights were crossed from the factory harness. They replaced the fuse and rewired the terminal connectors on the harness to the fog lights using the supplied harness that came with the fog lights.

I used LED fog lights I found on Amazon. $66
Fog Lights
Product information Clear Lens
Brand Auto Dynasty
Item Weight 2.2 pounds
Package Dimensions 10.2 x 4.8 x 4.6 inches
Manufacturer Part Number AD-FL-ZTL-204-CH
Position Front
Additional Information
ASIN: B01N045RHU
These lights fit Very tightly and needed some force to get them in.

Turn switch dimmer 25540-ee90e from eBay, $50

digitalis46613
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Looking to swap my current fogs for a fog w/white halo that I can use for DRLs (since my 08 doesn't have a DRL option). Considered installing a DEI module, but don't really want to. I'd really like white DRL/amber switchback lights for it, but I'm not finding any of those. I've seen two different styles of housings for these fogs on Altima and Rogue, however BOTH say Rogue on them. Which ones are the right ones? One style NEVER comes with a Halo, but the Altima style does, and has a different mount.
Help?

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

Just purchased a 2018 Rogue SV. Purchase was made based on color (Pearl White) that my wife "really" wanted. But would like to add OEM fog lights on it.

Think this is possible?

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

Completely do able....I see those "oem" kits on ebay for the 2017/2018. You could also buy the Factory ones as well probably better. Hang up will probably getting through the firewall...

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

Guess I'm wondering if the wiring harness will be there so I don't have to worry about going through the firewall.

We are experiencing below zero temps right now and the for the next 5-7 days so I'm not about to crawl under the car and look for wires.

Jimdan2005
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360 AWD

I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue 360. I purchased a OEM kit for my fog lights. While installing I noticed there was not a way to mount the fog lights. I was told they were part of the bumper cover. But no possible way to mount it. So I went to the dealer and ordered the plastic brackets and still no way to fasten it to the bumper cover. So I’m stumped
Any help is greatly appreciated.

grambette
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Are there any fuses to add or change or is the fuse already in the fuse block? Thanks.

grambette
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

I'm trying to find a correct Nissan Part Number for a new turn signal/dimmer fog lights for a 2020 Rogue SV, with fog lamps and auto headlamps, I came up with a number but I'm not sure its correct for my model/year, its 25560-7FR5C. Some of these switches must match where the car was made, my vin numbers in pos. 1,2 and 3 are KNM, and the 7 pos. is M. I have a feeling this vehicle was made in Korea...any ideas?

Jollyred
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

@henknoordermeer, where are the 2 wires you spliced your switch in on the combination wiring harness?
henknoordermeer wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:22 pm
I've added the fog lights using using the pre-exisiting wiring, using a separate dashboard mounted switch.

As mentioned in the previous post, the retrofit light stalk (called combination switch in the manual) with fog lights option requires removing the entire steering wheel, powering off the car and unplugging the airbag wiring which I didn't feel comfortable doing.
(E.g. would a code be required for the radio/nav unit if un-powered for too long? What else could be reset? etcetera).

So what I did was:
- Mount the fog lights in the bumper, and attached the pre-wired (factory installed) harness.
- Remove the plastic cover under the steering column (unscrewing the two screws that show if you turn the steering wheel).
- Lower the plastic part of the dashboard just above the gas and brake pedal (that also holds all the buttons for power door lock, eco mode, sport mode, AWD lock and so):
1) remove the cover from the fuse box ( on the left hand side of the dashboard, accessible only with opened door. pry it off with a philips screw driver or so.
2) undo the two bolts (10mm i think) of the bracket for the hood and fuel cap cover handles.
3) pull gently on the cover until it snaps out. (i only pulled the left side out, and let it hang on the still connected right side.
(since I placed the new switch in the place of the power back-door main switch, I needed access to this area. therefore I also unscrewed the 3 screws holding the upper switch bracket in the dashboard.)
- I wired the on/off switch (make/break contact switch), to the combination switch wiring.
(looked at the switching diagram of the combination switch and concluded the fog light is controlled at output 1 / input 5 (see BCS-9 of the manual)
(I also looked at the manual BCS-37 to figure which color the wiring was : terminal 34 (Y): Yellow and terminal 38 (V) : Violet.)
- I simply spliced those wires in the wiring harness close to the connector at the combination switch as that turned out to be the easiest point to access. After splicing and tapping the wiring to the new switch I made sure to apply plenty of electrical tape to prevent and shorts or malfunctions in the future. I also routed the new wiring all along that existing harness from the combination switch with zip ties.. Remember: the column can move when it is adjusted and you wouldn't want any movement of the column to snap the wiring off.

I used a Nissan fog light switch that matched the design of the switches in the switch panel and simply disconnected the plug from the tail door master switch. (When unconnected it defaults to the ' enabled ' position in the BCM = the computer).

It took me quite some time to find and decipher the sections in the manual and figure out this procedure, but with all parts available it is a job that can be done well within an hour. If I had to do it again myself, having done it before, i would say it is a job I could do in 30 minutes tops.

Return to “Rogue Forum”