Adding door lock actuators to base model

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
PaulRay
Car: 09 Versa s

How do I get the connector off? I thought I had gotten all off but guess not. I pull the black cover, then this blue gel type cover and could see the wires going into the actuator but still no pins. Is there something else I'm not getting off?

PaulRay
Car: 09 Versa s

Anybody?

PsycoGeek
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base

Subscribed and watching this thread close. Our '09 Versa Base came without, and it's a pain not having them already... just bought the Versa today!

gkieler
Car: 2009 Versa

I also have a base model Versa. I'm very interested in vahrm's post about just buying a key fob and wiring it all up. His wiring diagram is not coming up. Does any one have it or vahram, can you re-post?

gkieler
Car: 2009 Versa

Bump...
Anyone have luck with this??? :whistle:
Thanks,
Glenn

vahram
Car: Versa

JHR16DE
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6

Thats great. I plan on doing this as well. I was going to make a hole on the door panel but I like your idea better. Is this an OEM switch? More details please.

vahram
Car: Versa

You need two wires from each actuators to the BCM, two wires from door lock/unlock switch (in my case I used a door lock unlock switch from old Toyota camry car and modify to fit next to the mirror adjusting control) to the BCM and one wire to the ground. Once you finish with the wiring make sure the switch locks /unlocks all the doors properly, then you need to change the setting of “keyless entry” in BCM configuration from “without” to “with”. Now you can program the key fob (make sure you get the right key fob). Alarm will work also. Good luck.

mitchellhuth
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa S 1.8

I wonder if the same thing could be done with cruise control? Just get a steering wheel from the junk yard, wire it up and get someone at the dealer to change the control module to "with" cruise control.

MiniCooperS_5
Car: 2006 Dark Silver Mini Cooper S
2010 Nissan Versa S (work car)

cocainewhite11versa wrote:Hey All. I just purchased a 2011 Versa 1.6 and picked up a viper 211hv. Got it all hooked up,then found out my driver side actuator has 6 pins :O
here is a pic
I have tried a bunch of different connections. My system is hooked up like the other viper 211 in this thread,just havent put the relay in yet,wanted to test the drivers door first for proper operation. I am stumped...anybody have any ideas?
I know your question is old as dirt, but I'll answer for future people...

The 4th pin from the top has a grey (UNLOCK) wire, and 5th pin is a green (UNLOCK) wire.

I'm adding power locks and remote start to my gf's mom's 2011 Versa, using my work car as a guide for the OEM actuators.

pradeeprox
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa

Hi there

I have just bought the base model just like you
I`m really interested in fitting the keyless entry
i read your posts and i got motivated to do it
i had a few doubts
is it possible to actually reprogram the BCM without replacing it ? as it costs around $100 for a used one in ebay
in that case i just have to connect the door harnesses from the actuators to the bcm and take it to a dealership ?

How did you get the door wiring harnesses ?

thanks in advance
vahram wrote:I have 2010 versa with manual doors and windows and I recently wired the doors to the BCM module since the power actuators were alredy there. I have programed a keyfob that I hve bought from ebay and now I have power doors with keyless entry and my alarm works too.

pradeeprox
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa

Anybody ?

adelso01
Car: Nissan Versa 2009

gkieler wrote:I also have a base model Versa. I'm very interested in vahrm's post about just buying a key fob and wiring it all up. His wiring diagram is not coming up. Does any one have it or vahram, can you re-post?

Hi there, I am in the same boat right now after 3 year of your last post. I have a base model Nissan versa that I want to change to power lock, and I want to know if your follow the diagram of vahram post in order to make the power lock to work?. As I understood, you need to wired all the power lock actuators to the original BCM that come with the car and then connect the power lock switch. I will like to know if that work for you? Or you have to do something else to make it work?
Thank I really appreciate any input.

adelso01
Car: Nissan Versa 2009

Hi there
I finished adding the power lock and power windows. If anybody need help with this project, I am here to help. Adding power locks with remote control is cheap, but takes a lot of time. Power windows are more expensive, but it worse it, also it takes a lot of time.

Puters83

I have an '08 S hatchback with power locks, windows, cruise control, etc. that I wrecked the other day. My mother-in-law has an '08 S Sedan without any extra that we're getting from them. So I'm thinking of taking all the goodies from the wrecked Hatchback and putting them in the Sedan. I've seen a lot about doing the power locks and windows, but does anyone know about doing the cruise control?
Also, If I've understood things right, I'll need to take the BCM from the Hatchback and put it in the Sedan. Since it's all the same parts from one car to a nearly identical one, will I still need to get it reprogrammed?
Thanks!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”