Adding door lock actuators to base model

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
norsky
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa

What type of relay did you get with your kit? Give me a part number or a web site for spec's.
Well, depending on how you want thing's to work, I set mine to unlock the drivers door on the first push of the button and secound push unlocks the other door's. In this case I had to use three relay's, two of the relay's are used for locking all the door's and to unlock the passenger and rear door's, the third relay is for unlocking the driver's door.
As for connector's I used narrow, 1/4 connectors for the large pin's and for the small pin's I used "Pico part no. 5810PT" connector's, they fit nice. I orderd them from the part's store. It's kind of a pain plugging them in inside of the door, but it can be done.
The rear door's have two pin's on the actuators, the front door's have 4 pin's, you'll only use the bottom two pin's on the front door's.
Clear as mud? lol it's not as bad as it sound's, if I need to I'll PM you my phone number and go over it that way.

sanversa
Car: Nissan Versa 2010 S hatchback

Thanks! for the quick reply. Here is the link to the A1 Electric kit I have :
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/mer ... =W02C-712T
I don't know the part number for the relay (the blue thing in the picture), but whatever you see in the picture is exactly what I have.
I'll try to research on the relay and post it if I find anything (the polarity diagram, etc).
I have several other questions, like how you routed the wire in the car, how much of the car did you have to open up, necessary tools, etc..yeah just PM me your phone number and the best times that I can bother you with my question ;).
Since, you couldn't get to post the details with the pics, I will start taking pics as I proceed, so some one else also can get it done with lesser efforts.

norsky
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa

PM'd you my phone number.... it'll be easier that way. My literary skills are lacking...lol

skripch
Car: Nissan Versa 2007

Hello,

I live in Germantown and I also need to install the power locks on my Versa 2007(Base model sedan). If anybody has updates on how they are doing and what needs to be bought, I would appreciate it alot for any updates. Thanks.

aidan80
Car: Versa 1.8 Manual

I like a few others have a 1.8S with manual everything it would seem. I've yet to actually see a manual S that came with the power option? Anyway after some reading/research and correct me if I'm wrong here. To get those actuators working in the doors I'm assuming all is needed is the correct wire harness, run from the door down to the kick plate area and connect to power? With the correct harness assuming one can be bought or found at a junk yard it's basically plug and play?

I too would like the convenience of being able to open all the doors from just the drivers side. I'd be afraid to ask a dealer what this type of "work" would cost to do! I haven't found any guides online anywhere, pictures or many diagrams to assist. The only thing that puts me off doing this myself is when I had a very simple stereo to install in my (now dead of course lol) Ford everything I touched in that car was plastic and broke easily.

tad70

I have a base Versa manual door locks, wife wants power locks, working on installing Viper 211hv. It has built in relays so i have all the doors unlocking and locking...the actuators are already in the car a 2009 as others have already stated but no wires...using the bottom 2 pins in the driver side actuator...there are four...the back doors only have 2 pins...i went to the junkyard and picked up some pins that fit into the actuators. trying to figure out how to use the progressive unlock, does anyone have an idea get that wired? Do I need more relays? the Viper came with a wire for it but can't figure it out...
thanks

tad70

Well, I installed a keyless entry system on my base model versa sedan, no options whatsoever, I utilized the actuators that come in the car already, its a 2009. I installed a viper 211HV, got it from Amazon, and wired in a relay for progressive door unlocking. I used two wires for all the actuators, from the driver door i wired it as follows:
my driver door actuator is a four pin connector i used the lower two pins
two wires connected to viper from the door actuator one wire went to blue/black #30 common ulock; the other went to Green/Black #30 common lock
from the viper red wire went to batter power 12v
the following wires all went to ground from the viper unit: black wire chassis ground, brown/black #87a unlock normally closed, and white/black #87 lock normally closed

for the relay i connected it as follows
86 from the relay was connected to the blue wire second unlock output on the viper
30 from the relay was connected to the unlock wire from the passenger actuator
85 and 87 from the relay was connected to power 12v
87a went to ground

the other wire from the passenger door actuator was wired to Green/Black #30 common lock on the viper unit the same wire that the driver actuator was connected to.

wires will require splicing into
the rest of the wires i just zip tied don't care about horn or light option

anyway that's how i did it and the wife is happy and it works; no guarantees or warranties implied its a simple process though, give it a shot

PilotConway
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L

I am attempting to add the Viper keyless entry to my 09' Versa as well. My only questions at this point are what gauge wire should I use from the actuator to the kit.
Also where did you mount the keyless entry box?

Thanks! This thread has been a great help so far in figuring out how to set this up.

tad70

I just used what I had in my garage and that happen to be 12 gauge speaker wire, as far as mounting the box the driver side kick panel as plenty of room to accommodate the box along with the relay just tuck it in all nice and secure...no issues as of yet...

mitchellhuth
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa S 1.8

I got inspired by reading this thread. So I did some digging in the service manual and somebody correct me if I'm wrong please. The electric door locks are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module) and every Versa has one! If your Versa has the Tire Pressure Monitoring System you also have a Remote Keyless Entry Receiver. It looks to me like there is only one type of wiring harness in the doors. (I haven't looked inside mine yet to verify this) What stops someone from ensuring all the connections are good, buying a keyless remote and programming it. It can't be this simple could it? Is there possibly different software in the BCM or the ECU?

PilotConway
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L

@tad70 Thanks for help.

As far as the BCM control I have no idea about that one. But I do know that on my 2009 model with manual locks, there are no wires in the door, though I have confirmed as well that the actuators are there. I am going to be working in a couple weeks when I get a weekend free on wiring the door so I would be interested if you find any information on the the BCM. It would be nice if it was that easy.

mitchellhuth
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa S 1.8

So there is no wiring harness in the door at all? Well the wiring harness that goes in the doors plugs right into the main body harness. If you could confirm that the Nissan system would work if you just had the wiring it might be worth getting the wiring from a junkyard and a remote off ebay. If there isn't any wiring in the doors at all it is probably cheaper to buy a keyless entry system from Amazon and do it that way. I found some cheap ones here http://www.amazon.com/Astra-ASTRA-50-Ke ... _dp_img_T2

Radnor

I just purchased a 2011 Hatchback S 1.8 model last week with no added power package. What would be the easiest way to check if it has the hardware necessary to install a remote lock? Can I pry open the door panel myself and look, or do I need to bring it into some place like Best Buy to have them check? :)

cocainewhite11versa
Car: 2011 Versa 1.6 Fresh Powder

Hey All. I just purchased a 2011 Versa 1.6 and picked up a viper 211hv. Got it all hooked up,then found out my driver side actuator has 6 pins :O
here is a pic
I have tried a bunch of different connections. My system is hooked up like the other viper 211 in this thread,just havent put the relay in yet,wanted to test the drivers door first for proper operation. I am stumped...anybody have any ideas?

cocainewhite11versa

anybody? :frown:

cocainewhite11versa

guess nobody knows.....this sucks. looks like they changed the 11 models

aidan80
Car: Versa 1.8 Manual

mitchellhuth wrote:I got inspired by reading this thread. So I did some digging in the service manual and somebody correct me if I'm wrong please. The electric door locks are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module) and every Versa has one! If your Versa has the Tire Pressure Monitoring System you also have a Remote Keyless Entry Receiver. It looks to me like there is only one type of wiring harness in the doors. (I haven't looked inside mine yet to verify this) What stops someone from ensuring all the connections are good, buying a keyless remote and programming it. It can't be this simple could it? Is there possibly different software in the BCM or the ECU?
I asked at my dealership what it would cost to have those wire harness bought and installed. The answer was they couldn't do it. I pressed on with my questions and they said they'd have to take the door panel off to confirm if there was an electric lock there or not? Anyway the mechanic I spoke with did say if there was and he could get the wires to put it in he'd then have to have the BCM reprogrammed to know it had power locks it could use. I got the impression it'd cost quite a bit of money to do. What I don't understand is if Nissan put them in the door why not put the wires in too and charge a bit more.. least then we could unlock all doors with just one turn of a key.

I'm thinking at this point I might just buy an alarm kit and have a shop properly install it for me. Least then I know it's done correctly, has some warranty for the work and everything will just work. Plus I won't have to spend an entire weekend pulling things apart then finding bits that don't fit anywhere lol

joegmc

I have a nissan versa 1.6

Manual Locks
Manual Windows
Manual Transmission

I would really like to install automatic locks on my doors.

The kind where I can unlock all the doors from the drivers side.

Right now I have a automatic locks on my two front doors but to unlock them I have to do it by hand or unlock it from the keyless on my keychain, it's getting annoying.

And what are the chances of auto windows?

vahram
Car: Versa

I have 2010 versa with manual doors and windows and I recently wired the doors to the BCM module since the power actuators were alredy there. I have programed a keyfob that I hve bought from ebay and now I have power doors with keyless entry and my alarm works too.

PaulRay
Car: 09 Versa s

So you're saying you wired it in and it worked with just a key flob. You didn't have to buy a aftermarket keyless entry system to get it to work?

vahram

Yes it worked with just a key flob, that I programed with the BCM. I didn't have to buy a aftermarket keyless entry system to get it to work.

PaulRay

Anyway you could show pics or just put in detail how you wired it up? I already bought a keyless entry system, but if this is easier I'll just go this route.

vahram

Yes deffenetly. I will post by tomorrow. The only difficulty is to find someone in the dealer that is willing to change the configuration of the BCM for keyless entry from "without" to "with" so then you can program the keyfob.

vahram

Here is the wiring diagram to wire the actuators. You need two wires from each actuators to the BCM, two wires from door lock/unlock switch (in my case I used a door lock unlock switch from old Toyota camry car and modify to fit next to the mirror adjusting control) to the BCM and one wire to the ground. Once you finish with the wiring make sure the switch locks /unlocks all the doors properly, then you need to change the setting of “keyless entryin BCM configuration from “without” to with”. Now you can program the key fob (make sure you get the right key fob). Alarm will work also. Good luck.

PaulRay

Thanks so much. Since I already bout the Keyless entry system I'm gonna go ahead and used it. But the diagram is still gonna help. Also, this will help alot more of us with base versas get the power lock option.

PaulRay

Just took off my driver side door panel to start installing my keyless entry. I can't find the door actuator connecter anywhere in the door. I thought all Base model Versas had them or am I wrong? I have a 09 Versa HB. Thanks for anykind of help.

PaulRay

Scratch that. I think I've found it, but something is already plugged into it. It has 2 wires going to this plug, but I can't figure out how to remove the plug.

vahram

To make it easier you have to remove the actuator from the door.
The two wires are connected to the switch that isi inside the actuator which closes when you open the door with the key and closes the circut of the back door switch, so you can open it with pushing the knob on the back door.

PaulRay

I just noticed my driver side front doors don't have any actual pins sticking out. Also my passenger side front door has 4 pins sticking out, while both back doors only has 2 pins sticking out.
My question is since there are no pins sticking out on the front drivers door sticking out, how do I wire it in? I was planing on soldering the speaker wire to the pins but cant now since they're not there.

vahram

Front door actuators have 4 pins and on driver side pin number 4 and 5 been used via connector that is connected to the actuator ( yellow and black wires) , that is why you don't see the pins sticking out. you need to use pin number 2 and 3 for the locking and unlocking the doors on front doors. For back doors there are only 2 pins and you need to use those.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”