Add cruise to Versa

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jeepinjk
Car: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Lifted
Hopefully "2007 Versa 4dr hatch*

Ok, so I have spent quite some time searching and searching. I am looking add cruise to my wife's 07 Versa S HB. We have all the power options, keyless entry, power windows. I really don't want to go the aftermarket route with the rostra kit 250-1855. I would like to make it OEM. I know I need the steering wheel controls, brake switch and most likely get the ECU programed. But my question is what wiring do I have to look for to see if my car is pre-wired for cruise? I am not against taking the steering wheel apart or the column behind it, but I don't know what to look for. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

AJVersa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Links to everything you need to know about cruise control.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2007/hatch/ACS.pdf Cruise Control System

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2007/hatch/EC.pdf Engine Control System

Aftermarket may be alot easier, Good Luck

remusrm

Sorry if it was posted before but I am curious if I can go to the dealer and have them install the stock cruise control on my 2017 Versa S. I know there is aftermarket but I just do not want to deal with BS the dealer might give me for it. Please let me know.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, is that a new Versa? It's too soon for buyer's remorse, haha! Anyway, that is a fine question to just ask the dealership you bought it from. They should be able to tell you base upon your VIN. Each car can be different, so the VIN is a good starting point. I wish I had CC on my Versa.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

remusrm wrote:Sorry if it was posted before but I am curious if I can go to the dealer and have them install the stock cruise control on my 2017 Versa S. I know there is aftermarket but I just do not want to deal with BS the dealer might give me for it. Please let me know.
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread. The 2nd post above should be of help.

Basin Motorsports
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Everything is made to fit as a package, so it's going to be hard to get just certain components towork together. It's likely you can't just add a steering wheel and reprogram pieces. It's all electrically controlled through the BCM and ECM as the car is drive-by-wire.

SteveG
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback

I checked with the dealer about adding factory cruise on my 2012 Versa Hatchback. The said it was not possible without replacing the entire steering column. I went with an aftermarket and had my mechanic install it for about $200. (That was a deal since it took him most of a day.) It has worked flawlessly for 3 years now.

Return to “Versa General Chat”