AC Parts sources - Y33 Q45s

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Y33TJPN
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

I’m in the process of sourcing new AC parts for my ‘98 Q45 and am curious if any of you have recommendations on sources or brands to run towards or run away from.

Doesn’t seem like there is many options for OEM parts for HVAC. Searching online I found the following and their warranty seems to be a reason to lean in their direction but happy to hear suggestions from you.

Going to start trouble shooting this weekend but minimum I need a new condenser as my car did not have one when purchased.

https://www.discountacparts.com/buynow/ ... id=1259009

https://www.discountacparts.com/buynow/ ... id=2697816

Ludeaem
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE

I replaced the compressor, dryer, and expansion valve from these guys last year. So far so good. I just looked at my receipt and I paid nearly a $100 less for the same kit. The market is nuts

https://www.rycompressors.com/shop/sear ... /4-1l.html

98_Q45

I went with RockAuto: Think it was a UAC or GPD compressor, can’t remember. Just make sure to follow the “after 2/98” or before 6/97” type of notes.

So far so good. Condensers don’t seem to matter much. As long as it’s new, it’ll hold up.

The most important part: be sure to go to a good place who knows A/C. Doesn’t have to be the most expensive place, but preferably one that services them. I went to one place that seemed to have overpriced me for an o-ring I did wrong on a drier for my Maxima ($60+$60 Groupon recharge special), but 3 years later the a/c has been ice cold since.

However, I’ve found some places add too much “Freon”, and that can result in a drier releasing desiccant which will clog the expansion valve. Went thru hell and high water last year chasing down the issue thinking it was a leak. Didn’t have to flush the system, but changed the evaporator and expansion valve.

Btw, what all are you looking to replace? Is the compressor for certain bad, does the clutch spin by hand and the pulley solid? You might be okay just replacing the condenser and drier and seeing where that leads. I know a/c vacuum/recharges aren’t cheap so it is a bit of a gamble.

You could also check for desiccant by removing the lower metal hose liquid line where it meets the firewall. If so, maybe vacuum it out and replace o-ring. But it’s right b**** to do so when the evaporator isn’t already out.

I have a 97 maxima with a loud rusty sounding compressor bearing noise…happened after driving thru a flooded street during a downpour street years ago. Every few months I’ll spray some cleaner and lubricant in the holes of the clutch, but nothing makes the sound go away. However the A/C still blows cold and the compressor hasn’t failed (knock on wood). So a noisy compressor may not mean a no-good compressor unless it’s locked up or leaking.

CRIZZ
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45
1998 Infiniti Q45T

I have Both a 98 and a 00 model. I took both ac's Out and willing to sell for dirt cheap. I'm thinking somewhere $50. I don't really care about making money but you would have to pay for shipping. Let me know if you are interested. Both ac's are in good condition. Ran and worked good before removing. No tubing or condenser though, only pump.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”