ABS, VDC, AWD, and Traction Control light on

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
tdrhea136
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

After work one night about two weeks ago, I parked my car in the garage and went to bed for work the next day. The next morning when leaving for work, I started my car up and the ABS, VDC, AWD, and traction control light are all on. No other lights are on than those. Brake fluid level is good. Brake pads are all good as they were just done a month ago. Nothing seemed odd the drive home from work the night before this happened. I recently replaced the wheel speed sensor after the original broke when replacing the wheel hub. I inspected the front wheel speed sensors (ABS speed sensors) and nothing looks wrong. I cleaned up the housing for the sensors and the sensors themselves while I had it apart with no luck solving the issue. I checked the VDC and ABS fuses and they look fine.
I'm at a loss as to what else to do in order to fix this issue myself and am dreading having to take it to a dealership and get charged an arm and a leg for what could be simple to fix, that I just don't know about.

Bocatrip

tdrhea136 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:26 pm
After work one night about two weeks ago, I parked my car in the garage and went to bed for work the next day. The next morning when leaving for work, I started my car up and the ABS, VDC, AWD, and traction control light are all on. No other lights are on than those. Brake fluid level is good. Brake pads are all good as they were just done a month ago. Nothing seemed odd the drive home from work the night before this happened. I recently replaced the wheel speed sensor after the original broke when replacing the wheel hub. I inspected the front wheel speed sensors (ABS speed sensors) and nothing looks wrong. I cleaned up the housing for the sensors and the sensors themselves while I had it apart with no luck solving the issue. I checked the VDC and ABS fuses and they look fine.
I'm at a loss as to what else to do in order to fix this issue myself and am dreading having to take it to a dealership and get charged an arm and a leg for what could be simple to fix, that I just don't know about.
You can google for a fix with similar symptoms. Plan B is to find a Indy that is familiar with our cars or Plan C is to bite the bullet for a diagnostic checkup from Infiniti which is usually around $99 or so. At least if they find the fix, you don't have to let them do it. If you do and it's expensive, you will still be warrantied if they are wrong. More than likely it has something to do with resetting the abs system due to your replacement of one of the speed sensors. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

tdrhea136

I ended up taking it to a Nissan dealer/service center and had them run a diagnostic check. Came back with a wheel speed sensor failure on the side I had replaced. I ended up just ordering an OEM sensor as the one I had gotten before was a cheaper aftermarket one. After replacing it myself (since they wanted about $250 to replace it) the issue was resolved. I've been driving it about three weeks now and everything is still working fine.
Thanks for the help!

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Nice to hear you got it fixed.

Do you mind sharing the brand of the first wheel speed sensor you bought? Just thought it might be helpful for others here who run into a similar issue, so they know which ones they might want to avoid.

tdrhea136

The after market sensor I had issues with was a Ultra-Power ABS wheel speed sensor, part number 5S10691

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”