P1757 A/T FR/B solenoid valve circuit malfunction code please help

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bigboss4ak
Car: M35X

So I have a 2008 infiniti m35x and my service engine light has been on for about a week now. Yesterday I noticed my car not rolling when I take my foot off the brakes or doesn’t have much power to it when I tap the gas. Took to it to autozone and the code a/t fr/b solenoid valve circuit malfunction came up. Took it to a transmission shop and they told me my whole valve body needs to be replaced along with a transmission and I don’t have the money for that kind of repair right now (roughly 2800). I can’t go without a car. Any suggestions with this kind of issue? Its been awhile since I’ve done a transmission flush but my fluids seem to look normal and be at the correct levels. Can I get away with just replacing the valve body and not the transmission? Also how long can I continue driving the car in this condition? Thanks in advance

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I had those same symptoms after my dash was replaced. The car felt as if it had something holding it back and it didn't roll freely when coasting. Turns out there was some sort of steering sensor under the steering column that they did not reconnect. Took 5 minutes and I was on my way. Perhaps that sensor is also causing your issue? I wish I could remember the name and they didn't write it up or charge me so I have no actual printed work order. I suggest you take it to the dealer. It might be something simple like a sensor or circuit that needs replaced. Sensors / Circuits can display multiple symptoms in different areas and a non-dealer shop can easily mis-diagnose the trouble.

ae7456t
Car: 2006 M35X with 19X,XXX miles

@bigboss4ak - The P1757 is a pretty common issue with these cars...Here is a long thread, with my own experiences included, and a YouTube video that will show you exactly what is going on...

https://forums.nicoclub.com/topic597275.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAveITCubOQ&t=367s

In short, you should not need a new transmission, and, in fact, replacing the valve body will not fix the problem. The issue is in the Transmission Control Module (TCM) that is attached to the valve body. One of the fingers going into a solenoid is likely cracked and needs to be soldered back together. Easy fix, but a little bit of a challenge to get to it...Definitiely doable, with the right motivation...I have done it twice (messed up on the first try...still going strong on the second).

Good luck!

bigboss4ak

ae7456t wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 am
@bigboss4ak - The P1757 is a pretty common issue with these cars...Here is a long thread, with my own experiences included, and a YouTube video that will show you exactly what is going on...

In short, you should not need a new transmission, and, in fact, replacing the valve body will not fix the problem. The issue is in the Transmission Control Module (TCM) that is attached to the valve body. One of the fingers going into a solenoid is likely cracked and needs to be soldered back together. Easy fix, but a little bit of a challenge to get to it...Definitiely doable, with the right motivation...I have done it twice (messed up on the first try...still going strong on the second).

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply and yes I did watch that video and I suspect that that’s gotta be my issue. The thing is I’m no mechanic and I don’t know if I have the confidence to do that kind of job. Do you know of what sort of mechanics would know how to do that kind of work and how do I even explain to them the issue in a way that they can understand? I’m in the Miami/broward area and I suspect most mechanics if they aren’t use to working on Infiniti’s would tell me to just replace the valve body. Also now that I know the most likely cause do you think I should still take my car to the dealership? Thanks.

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

ae7456t wrote:
...replacing the valve body will not fix the problem. The issue is in the Transmission Control Module (TCM) that is attached to the valve body.
Replacing the valve body should fix the problem since the TCM is an integral part of the Valve body.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Not sure if this is the part you referred to> If it is, you can get it from InfinitiPartsdOnline instead of paying 2X or 3X the price from the dealer. My dealer installs parts I bring to them. I just pay labor and save tons of money.
https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/sea ... e+solenoid

bigboss4ak

ae7456t wrote:

Good luck!
I am going to show a mechanic the video you linked and maybe hopefully work on it. I wanted to ask in your opinion what percentage are you sure that this could be the problem around 70% or 80% maybe??

Juan15
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan 2WD

bigboss4ak wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm
So I have a 2008 infiniti m35x and my service engine light has been on for about a week now. Yesterday I noticed my car not rolling when I take my foot off the brakes or doesn’t have much power to it when I tap the gas. Took to it to autozone and the code a/t fr/b solenoid valve circuit malfunction came up. Took it to a transmission shop and they told me my whole valve body needs to be replaced along with a transmission and I don’t have the money for that kind of repair right now (roughly 2800). I can’t go without a car. Any suggestions with this kind of issue? Its been awhile since I’ve done a transmission flush but my fluids seem to look normal and be at the correct levels. Can I get away with just replacing the valve body and not the transmission? Also how long can I continue driving the car in this condition? Thanks in advance
Hey man I know this is 2 years later but I’m having the same issue with my 2007 Infiniti g35 sedan. What did you end up doing?

sonnyboy80

im also having the problem of p1757. it happened 1 week after my mechanic replaced the ecm and push to start button. Can i drive it for a week while im looking for a new car? My mechanic is not answering me. it only hesitates in first gear which i will try to avoid stop and go traffic on the freeway. I went to look for a new car as used cars are almost the same price. 2022 honda sport 2.0 msrp was 34k. Honda of woodland hills,ca gave me an offer of 50k. serious.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”