a new rogue owner

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
scholes

I bought a new SL AWD fully loaded with iridium graphite exterior with gray leather interior. I test drove last night not planning on buying, but I loved the car. It drives great, much much better than the CRV and looks way nicer as well. My wife and I have a baby on the way, and we wanted an upgrade to my crappy dodge neon as soon as possible. Here in Chicago, each dealer only got one rogue, with more coming at the end of october. I was told 18 week wait if you custom ordered the specific vehicle you wanted. Initially I didn't want the iridium graphite but it looks much more sharp and much less purple in person. It's more like a dark grey. We ended up paying MSRP for the car and financed 60 months at 5.89%. I have heard other dealerships in the area are planning on marking the cars up over the MSRP since interest has been so high and they only have one vehicle per dealership. So I took a chance, avoided the wait, and purchased the only rogue on the road in my neighborhood. I know with the 2007 CRV last year, with the new body style, Honda wasnt doing much dealing either. My in-laws bought one in the spring (half way through the model year) and only got about $600 off MSRP and the best financing they were offered was just over 6%. I anticipate this car is going to be selling like crazy, especially with how cheap the base models are and how good the gas mileage is. I anticipate you wont get much of a deal on the car any time soon, so I caved and made the purchase. More than I hoped to spend but its the first time I have ever had a car I truely loved, rather than purchased out of necessity. I am eager to hear what kind of deals other people are getting, or being quoted.

jlsatt00

I understand, there is something very nice about being the first to have something! For me, the RAV4 went out of contention when my good friend bought one!

Keep us posted on how you like it!!!

scholes

So we all know how great the big features of the car. Here are some smaller things that I noticed so far.

Things I love:The cockpit interior is very comfortable for me (pretty short- 5'5")The bose stereo system is outstandingThe regular radio (NOT satellite) tells you the name of the artist and songThe cup holder in the front is oversized but can be converted to a regular sizeThe hands free bluetooth calling feature is incredibly fun and much safer than me keeping my hand to my ear

Things I dont like:There is no light in the rear so you cant see anything if you open up the hatch at night

Overall, I love it. I think they are going to sell a ton of these.

cariv

Congrats!!!!!

Ebm14

I really like this SUV and drove it this afternoon.I won't be able to afford the top end, but perhaps an Sl AWD package.I also like the new VW Tiguan that will be out much later and the Mini Cooperwhich is also fun type of car. Anyway. congrats!

Return to “Rogue Forum”