A little help with this one

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Gerardjg
Car: 2007 Cobalt LS
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

I have not had the problem since I replaced both battery terminals, plus i removed and cleaned the other ends of the cables, and at the same time i put in an MAF I got on E-Bay not sure which one it was but going on 6 weeks now with out an issue.

NASCARLANCE
Car: 2011 Juke SL AWD
1995 j30t
1988 Hardbody

Gerardjg, my problem came back also and my symtoms were exactly the same as yours. Stalling with no rhyme or reason as to when it would happen.I, like you, changed my MAF and since then it has not stalled once and seems to run a little better. I think my MPG has gone up a little also.Now I have an extra MAF that I keep in my trunk plus the bad one that I am going to try to fix by resoldering all of the contacts. If I can fix it anyone should be able to. We might find a way to save us J owners some money by resoldering our bad MAF contacts.

Gerardjg
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

I did the same with the old MAF the hardest part was getting the cover off.Mine did have a loose connection which I re soldered and put on the shelf.Car has been running great since.

metaverse3

Hopefully you sealed that top properly to prevent moisture/dirt entry..

Hell..silicon caulk the bugger for all that matters..I know I did on a maxima MAF years ago..

Gerardjg
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

metaverse3 wrote:Hopefully you sealed that top properly to prevent moisture/dirt entry..

Hell..silicon caulk the bugger for all that matters..I know I did on a maxima MAF years ago..
Used High Temp Red RTV so it will be even harder for the next person to get off

liquidJ30
Car: Infiniti J30

hey guys, I'm sure you all know me from that annoying... ***Parting out 93 J30*** thread that pops up every now and then. WELL, Gerardjg my car was doing the EXACT same thing yours was. I took it to 3 or 4 different mechanics and none of them could figure it out.. starting tomorrow A.M. I am checking my old MAF and hopefully replacing it and about a dozen other parts I... well... no longer have in my possession. WISH ME LUCK GUYS!! I MISS MY J!!!!

valkyie
Car: nissan 300zx na

Good luck because I have a 300zx and my engine came out of a J30 same engine. I am having a similar problem car. My car starts ups fine and idle for around 10 minutes or I can drive for a distance and it will just shut off. Then it will not start at all until it cools down. So I will keep and eye on these J30 postings.

valkyie
Car: nissan 300zx na

I have a similar problem with my 300zx that has a J30 engine. My car will stall either just sitting there at a idle or moving down the road. It will just cut off but it will not restart until a few hours. So far I have changed the MAFS, and the PTU. I was wondering can you point me in the right direction for possible causes to this problem. Thanks in advanced timing.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”