A JDM Fairlady rebuild: Above & Beyond.

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Holy mother mountain! yeah ain't no spacers gonna help that.

addicted4life
Car: RHD '93 Fairlady 2+2, 3076s, Haltech, & Hoosiers. Go baby, go.

Other side view of the notched rail, exhaust is getting ready to be built as you can see the flange mounted to this turbo.

addicted4life

AshMassives are on

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

They are pretty massive. Never really noticed how big they are till they are actually on the car.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Wow, those hosers really are quite huge, eh? (Best Canuck...sorry!) I used to vacation in BC when I was a kid and would come back talking all funny...I'll stop.
I got the Z1 upgrades which look quite huge in place of the stockers, but those...now those are obscene! :chuckle:

addicted4life

Hahaha on my trips to the states I amp up my slang, I get a kick out of it hahaha
Side note, I'll be coming down the eastern seaboard with some other members of my rhd club the last week of June and first week of July. So far a gtr skyline, gc8 sti, and a s15 have committed.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Man, too bad you're not out West as I'd LOVE to see those cars!

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Got a route plotted? I'm sure if you're doing the eastern seaboard you're probably not gonna venture as far in as TN, though.

addicted4life

Actually the original plan was to head down to key West for a week, but with how bad the exchange is we are cutting it short in new jersey / new York area. If the rates even out a little more we will head further south. Although, if I keep the route to the jersey area I'll be able to get a rx7 and a supra in as well, with others pending.

It all depends on what oil does these next month boys :S

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Seems like it's back on the climb. 3 straight days of rise... Good news for you, bad for everyone else...

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

G D it...gotten used to $45 fill ups. I've read some amazing stuff about shutdowns and such so that the supply/demand meter gets back into the "Max Profits" territory. NEVER understood why our Gov't does nothing...

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

They just let OPEC control everything. I've been saying it forever. We need to become self sufficient. Canada can play with us too, though. Keystone and all.

addicted4life

Suspension is completly on.

We were installing my charge piping, Ash's 2.5 kit, and I'm missing couplers and sections stil . I paid $1800 plus shipping and brokerage twice to still have a completly fcked up order from ASH. If I had known sooner that I was still missing pieces I would have gone after him for fraud on my credit card, because I still have yet to receive anything close to our agreed upon order. I have two different colors of piping, missing couplers, wrong inlet kit (2.5 not the 3 I ordered . So now I'm having to make my own pipes to try and make my $2100, "top of the line best of the best" piping work. I want to donkey punch that man with a tq wrench, jesus I'm pissed. Oh and the 3" won't fit on my passenger side.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Damn...for the things I've read about Ash's knowledge and abilities, there seems to be a FAR larger number of people who have had problems to being downright screwed by this guy. I myself would not consider doing business with him, but I understand that your needs point you in only a very few directions with your custom engine.
I'd be Nuclear by now myself, hope you get it all worked out somehow. Maybe that fraud idea will put some pressure on him to fulfill your paid for order?

addicted4life

Its been just shy of a year now, and honestly, I never want to deal with that man again. Ever.

The piping is all original, his design with only the blow of flanges welded on, that's it. Pretty simple right, just remake ypur own design, copy it. Jesus I could have paid 1/4 the price and had a better copy from ams then what he did ffs.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

addicted4life wrote:had a better copy from ams
:squint: :nono:

Lol, you know I'm busting your balls. I've followed the whole debacle on facebook. I get that he is pretty much a one man operation, but still. If you're having issues like that, and still have enough time to make jet powered scooters out of old turbos, maybe you could focus your resources. Or just hire new help.

addicted4life

Car hasn't been touched since last post, I think my buddy got frustrates with ashes s*** piping. I took the car out of his garage on Friday, I just bought an acerage with a large garage. Here are some pictures, I'm off for 6 no this so I'm going to be building it now. Should see some progress now since it will be me.

Front has coilovers on, rear does not.

As you can see, the poke isn't as bad as we thought it would be. Mind you this is before a proper alignment, but if it can stay close to this I will just be pulling the fenders anyways. Saves molding those flares in.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Ooooooo, sounds like the fun is about to begin again!
Looking forward to your project, you have a really interesting one going and I've always been curious to see it get done so here's hoping you have much success.
Damn, that snow has got to make it tough to want to go out and work though...<shivers>

addicted4life

In a 4 hour period I had the motor pulled back out and stripped down, ready to take the springs out, fitted Brett's lower intake. Had both fenders off, one fender brace on and the other nearly on until I cross threaded one of the 10mil holes in the under side of the fender. That side on hold till I go buy a tap kit. While I was in there I completely removed what was left of the aic & egr setup.

Power steering pump swap, top is TT, bottom is an. You will need ~1/2" longer bolts as the na pump sits a little further away from the block.

The Royalty Performance fender brace that went on as perfect as perfect can be.

Some of the aic & egr related componants

Much less in each corner once those lines were cleared out, its going to make a big difference in the final product!
(Information on aic delete can be found here: http://s95014253.onlinehome.us/63104/137858.html )Image

Random engine, piping, and electronics picture after I unpacked the car. Lots more not pictured.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Man, am I impressed...4 hours??? You certainly know your way around!

Great pics, looks like you have plenty to do with all of that stuff...can't wait to see where you get next.
Thanks for the info on the ps pump as well, I didn't know that and will be facing that some day so I appreciate the pics for a heads up.

addicted4life

It comes from nearly 3 years of nothing but reading and researching haha most of the things I'm doing I've seen others do already or seen others fail and find a better way!

You're welcome, that was my reasoning behind the description. I went back out to take a couple of those pictures as I thought it would be helpful to someone at some point!

addicted4life

Had just under 2 hours to kill today, decided to change my console around and see what the double din would look like. I took my time with this as it is interior parts for a rhd, and as we know, fragile. Leather was a tight fit, but I found using a straight pick to fold the holes onto the notches helped a great deal. Sorry for not getting pictures of that, still using my phone for music on the stereo till the computer is hooked up.

Front look at the two before swapping over the works.

Rear look at the two before swapping over the works.

Installed shifter, boot, ebrake, boot, and double din with my Kenwood ddx616 (just mocked up for the picture).

addicted4life

Made a valve spring compressor tonight, also bought a tap kit and repaired the striped hole in the fender for the brace.
Thinking of adding a rubber cap to the end of the bolt I cut and rounded off (head).

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Cool! I like home made tools that work and that one looks like it works well.

Fender brace looks awesome too, I may have to look into those for when I get going on the body work...you know, "since I'm there"... :facepalm: :chuckle:

addicted4life

I modified the bolt a little more to make it easier, had it down to about 5 minutes a spring by the last half. Works great!
I placed a 2 day shipping order from z1 on Friday, to replace my injectors that were "misplaced or lost", I didn't have the cam gear adaptors for the 400+ cams I am running so they are on the way, as well as 2 other small things. $1300 in the blink of an eye hahah I can't wait for this to be done!
Meanwhile I am making my turbos oil and coolant lines. Waiting on an overnight order of another oil restrictor. Seems I only have one. Installed my rhd BMC brace and new clutch master cylinder while I was putting around yesterday.

addicted4life

Diffuser, rear coilovers, and na power steering reservoir went on today. Waiting on my z1 order as well as another restrictor for my feed lines. That shop lost that too ffs.

DCaff300ZX
1993 CRP TT- Modified

LOVE the diffusor, how hard was the install and final fit?

addicted4life

Install took about 30 minutes, I actually think the rear coilovers went on easier hahah it was a little difficult and tight fitting, took the 4 push style pins out underneath to flex the bumper a bit. Hardest part was getting around my OEM spats as they are glued on. There is a gap on fitment on both corners and slightly along the whole back bumper in places, but it is used. I may try and heat it in the body shop to see if I can fix it but I'll likely let the body guy take care of it.

addicted4life

Oh and I have a set of specialty z 3" divorced downpipes on the way from a friend, and 3" test pipes new from z1

Taleek
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

Wow! This is an insane build. Loving the flood of pictures too. Cant wait to see how this turns out, gonna post any videos once you get her running?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”