'97 Q45 Heater core/Tubes alternatives

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Diamondntherough
Car: 97 Q45 Infiniti

Heater core tube have cracked, plastic tubes disintegrated. Is there an alternative or other parts, makeshift parts that I can use.. AC doesn't work. Can't drive due to heavy fogging. Defrost doesn't work.
Feedback greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDITED

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Just some friendly advice. When you have two unrelated issues to resolve they should be in separate posts. That way they'll better attract the attention of those that can help with a particular issue. Also, it helps those with a similar problem find a solution to their problem.

98_Q45

This is the main concern I encountered with mine. In fact my heater core wasn’t leaking, it was the plastic tubes. Infiniti should do the right thing and sell that part separately, but they want to be a b**** and make you buy the whole core.

I brought the whole unit, but maybe if you go direct to a dealer you can order the heater core, and when it comes in, tell them you want to buy the tubes separately. Can’t guarantee luck, but they are NOT integral. You can unscrew them, and that’s the only way to get it to fit without removing the dashboard.

What’s even worse, the ones they sell are supposed to be “superseded”. You’d think that would mean replaced with metal tubes. Nope. Same plastic s***. Mine (the metal core not the tubes) even leaked a few months after purchase. Had to do it all over again, and just reused the tubes. but mine was due to some s*** stop leak. But it didn’t do it to the radiator so…Idk.

I think all q45 owners who experienced leaking tubes should file a class action suit against Infiniti. there should be no plastic cooling components except the radiator. And they should sell the hoses separately

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”