‘96 Nissan Cima Coilover Options? (FHMY33)

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Cermo
Car: 1996 Nissan Cima Y33

Hi,

I’m new here but have been reading a lot of posts over the last week since picking up my 1996 Nissan Cima, it’s a Japanese import with the VQ30DET motor, which makes it a FHMY33.

I’m looking for coilovers, and from what I’ve seen most people are talking about bc racing coilovers in their 1997 onwards q45s. My question for you guys is:

1. Will these work in my car too?
2. Is anyone aware of any differences between ‘96 cimas and ‘97+ q45s?

I’ve asked BC customer service, they essentially told me my car isn’t listed on their website, but couldn’t offer any help regarding differences between q45s and cimas.

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

Only difference between Y33 Cima/Q45 models is if the car is a V6 or a V8. They have different size caliper bracket bolt holes. 12mm v. 14mm If I remember correctly. You can always drill out the holes on the V6 model coilovers to fit on a V8. US only got the V8's so that's all we have here.

Cermo
Car: 1996 Nissan Cima Y33

Excellent, thanks MowgliCSM. Seeing as the bc coilovers will accept a 14mm bolt and my current caliper has a 12mm bolt, I might start looking into upgrading the front calipers to something with a 14mm bolt, probably a worthwhile upgrade anyway. I’ve seen posts about 300zx, 350z, and skyline calipers being used.

Awwthentic
Car: 1996 Nissan Cima VQ30DET

I just got my Cima recently too in Sept. I ordered D2 racing coilovers with bags on them from Bagriders.com Everything all bolted directly up with no issues.
But the only thing that sucks is you have to cut off the front suspension's spindle from the old shock. Yes, CUT. and then weld on the old stock spindle to the new coilovers bottoms..
It's a pain but it's def worth it to me.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”