94 300zx died, HELP

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I for one would be surprised if an OEM belt were NOT Kevlar now (barring NOS parts), the material moved to be used in most belts around '98-'00. If you look at belt change intervals around that time most of them doubled at some point, it's because of the kevlar.

That is separate of course from the Gates racing belt line (blue), which I haven't been too big on either. they simply don't last any better than the OEM Kevlar belt. Most of my experience is with Fords though. Ford went from 60K change intervals to 120K when they began to use Kevlar in their OEM belts.

DrykoseZ32tt
Car: 94 Nissan 300zxtt (Z32)
5-spd w/76k miles
Ashspec stage 3 ECU
Borla cat back exhaust
K&N air filter
Many more soon to come.

amc49 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 am
I for one would be surprised if an OEM belt were NOT Kevlar now (barring NOS parts), the material moved to be used in most belts around '98-'00. If you look at belt change intervals around that time most of them doubled at some point, it's because of the kevlar.

That is separate of course from the Gates racing belt line (blue), which I haven't been too big on either. they simply don't last any better than the OEM Kevlar belt. Most of my experience is with Fords though. Ford went from 60K change intervals to 120K when they began to use Kevlar in their OEM belts.
Thanks man. I'll have to see if that changed with the oem belts for the 94. Maybe you are right and all oem are kevlar now. But it's worth checking into at least. Thanks.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”