94_240sx vert pics

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

I agree.. I'd love to see his 'vert get a ride of the month!

We just had a 'vert ride of the month last fall (Allen's JDM 'vert).. so it might be a few more months before we get another win. Not that they have a time limit or anything, but they like to see a little variety in the winners..

BOOMSHAKALAKA

94_240sx wrote:
Try this combination. Any OEM side skirts and painted rear mud guards. One of the members had his red s13 coupe that way and it looked great. He also had a Xenon lip. Trust me. It'll look like something's missing if you have nothing on the rear bumper.
I like OEM 180sx sideskirts but i've been looking for a set of OEM Silvia sideskirts. I can't find those anywhere!

If I can't get my hands on a Silvia rear valence, i'm going to clean up my rear mudguards and use those.
94_240sx wrote:Here's a nice thread about s13 OEM factory aero parts.

zerothread?id=205442
Since we were discussing OEM this and OEM that, I found this. I don't know if it's old news or what but I figured i'd show you guys.

Courtesy Parts has the OEM S13 front lip spoiler for $197.48http://www.courtesyparts.com/M...FRLIP

Ish provided a link a while back for a place that sold the Xenon lip for about $231. I thought that was the cheapest until I found this.
Modified by topless94 at 3:12 PM 3/13/2007

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

topless94 wrote:I like OEM 180sx sideskirts but i've been looking for a set of OEM Silvia sideskirts. I can't find those anywhere!
Are you looking for Type-X 2 piece or droopy one?

A pair of droopy skirts is on eBay right now, but not sure if they are OEM Nissan parts or not. But still they are better than fiberglass. IMHO, they are not OEM. OEM skirts have these grooves for water drain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

BOOMSHAKALAKA

94_240sx wrote:
Are you looking for Type-X 2 piece or droopy one?

A pair of droopy skirts is on eBay right now, but not sure if they are OEM Nissan parts or not. But still they are better than fiberglass. IMHO, they are not OEM. OEM skirts have these grooves for water drain.
I want these ones on the Silvia:Heres another:zerofile/44362/22.jpg

And whaddya think about my cheap lip find? Old news or new?

94_240sx

topless94 wrote:
I want these ones on the Silvia:Heres another:zerofile/44362/22.jpg
Those are not Silvia Aero side skirts that I have. I thought they were first, but I found that they are not upon close inspection. They might be early version of zenki 180sx side skirts. Certainly, they are not "droopy" side skirts.
topless94 wrote:And whaddya think about my cheap lip find? Old news or new?
I posted that link in page 1 on this thread. It was a reply to mottabam.

BOOMSHAKALAKA

94_240sx wrote:Those are not Silvia Aero side skirts that I have. I thought they were first, but I found that they are not upon close inspection. They might be early version of zenki 180sx side skirts. Certainly, they are not "droopy" side skirts.
I see. The link I posted was of a picture you posted a while back...man that Silvia is clean. I noticed it has the rear valence as well. As for the side skirts, I don't want the ones on ebay...too many bidders. I guess i'll have to keep searching...
94_240sx wrote:I posted that link in page 1 on this thread. It was a reply to mottabam.
Woops...missed that one.

94_240sx

topless94 wrote:I see. The link I posted was of a picture you posted a while back...man that Silvia is clean. I noticed it has the rear valence as well.
That car is my inspiration. You can check out his build up here. I've visited there and looked at pictures all the time since he put that website up. http://www.stillensucks.com/240sr_stuff.htm

That silver car originally looked like this.

Ended up like this... Amazing...

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Wow that car is gorgeous. Hard to believe it looked like a POS before.

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

topless94 wrote:Courtesy Parts has the OEM S13 front lip spoiler for $197.48http://www.courtesyparts.com/M...FRLIP

Ish provided a link a while back for a place that sold the Xenon lip for about $231. I thought that was the cheapest until I found this.
That Courtesy spoiler does not look like the Xenon spoiler...

The Xenon lip is $242 shipped form performancecenter.com

BOOMSHAKALAKA

ishkabibble wrote:
That Courtesy spoiler does not look like the Xenon spoiler...

The Xenon lip is $242 shipped form performancecenter.com
Yeah it isn't. It could be a lip alternative if one was looking to save a few bucks. 94 has the same one on his vert...looks pretty good IMO. It would probably be my second choice if I couldn't get a Xenon lip.

94_240sx

I have Xenon lip too. Bought it from NICO GB. If I mess up OEM lip that I currently have, I'll go for Xenon lip.

ishkabibble

Your OEM lip looks great, but I also wouldn't mind our verts being cousins someday.

I need to put on two more parts, and then I'll put up pics of the lip so people can judge what a vert looks like with a Xenon on it.

fallingspeaker
Car: '93 vert

I wanna ask about your suspension. Do you have stance basic or gr+ pros? Also what made you decide to go for stance instead of KTS? ( I was reading your older posts when you were set on springs ). How is the ride?
Modified by fallingspeaker at 12:12 AM 3/16/2007

94_240sx

fallingspeaker wrote:I wanna ask about your suspension. Do you have stance basic or gr+ pros? Also what made you decide to go for stance instead of KTS? ( I was reading your older posts when you were set on springs ). How is the ride?
I have GR+ Pro. Yeah, I searched like crazy before I upgraded my suspension. I was going to go for a set of springs(GF-210) and AGX struts, but decided to get coilovers. Megan was out of question because I knew someone who had Megan Street on his s14 and he wasn't happy with them at all. KTS and Stance, both are good quality coilovers w/good price, and I didn't know what to get. I ran into 2 different posts(don't remember where) complaining about KTS coilovers, so I went for Stance. One of the guys actually drove both, and he liked Stance better.

I'm very picky about everything, so I was bit worried before I installed them, but WOW... They were just awsome!!! Finally, I was able to adjust ride height how I wanted, and ride quality was just amazing. Stiff, but comfy at the same time, very controlled and handles like dream. I still can't forget the day I went out for the test drive. I've never seen a single person who complains about Stance coilovers. Great bang for the buck... I highly recommend them.

fallingspeaker
Car: '93 vert

sounds great. I'm planning on using stock rims and i dont know if i'll ever buy new rims. So im not sure on how much adjustability i'll want/need. The more I do to the outside of my car, the more likely it is to have something happen to it. So far i've done zero mods. Im gonna go to mainland and work for 3 months and research buy parts... so in about 4 months from now is when i'll install anything.

The only thing i've heard about KTS is that they are "bouncy". Don't know what that means.

If my undercarriage is a little rusty, can I get it off somehow and then rust proof it?

94_240sx

fallingspeaker wrote:If my undercarriage is a little rusty, can I get it off somehow and then rust proof it?
Good luck with your trip to mainland and coilovers. Either KTS and Stance should be fine. I guess under carriage is rusty cuz Hawaii is humid? If I were you, I would grind those rust out and spray under coating protector or something like that. We have a couple of thread about taking care of rust in the back seat area, so I'd look into them. I hope it's not that bad.

Guys, I have some updates on my car. Just received Kazama 180sx side markers that match with my D-Speed front signals and clear tail lights. Waited like a month to get them.

This is D-Speed front signals that I bought back in 1999 or something like that. I've had D-Speed side markers on my car, but they are just plain flat ones.

Installed NISMO Power Brace and Progress Sway Bar. I haven't finished the sway bar yet. I need to install endlinks. I'll do the write up on it. Rear sway bar is on back order, so I have to wait about 2 more weeks.

Here's side by side and close up pics of Nismo power brace. Its finish is pretty rough, so I was disappointed with that. Anyway, I have some more things coming and will post pics later. Enjoy!!!

BOOMSHAKALAKA

94_240sx wrote:Guys, I have some updates on my car. Just received Kazama 180sx side markers that match with my D-Speed front signals and clear tail lights. Waited like a month to get them.
I like. Did you order those off of More Japan?
94_240sx wrote:Installed NISMO Power Brace and Progress Sway Bar. I haven't finished the sway bar yet. I need to install endlinks. I'll do the write up on it. Rear sway bar is on back order, so I have to wait about 2 more weeks.
Who are you ordering them from? I've been considering Progress as I want to get adjustable sways. Be sure to give us a review on them once everything is installed.

94_240sx

topless94 wrote:I like. Did you order those off of More Japan?
Yup! Came in with March container.
topless94 wrote:Who are you ordering them from? I've been considering Progress as I want to get adjustable sways. Be sure to give us a review on them once everything is installed.
One of the members posted Never Enough Auto price($315 shipped F&R) in suspension forum, but unforturnately price has gone up, so I paid $350 shipped. That was the lowest I could find. Rear sway bar is just patheic on the vert, so I can't wait to get the rear one. I did search a lot and Progress seemed best bang for the buck. I'll post what I found about all those different sway bars later in the write up too.

94_240sx

Just finished front end suspension stuff tonight. Kazama tension rod and stock one side by side. Stock thickness is 20mm and Kazama is 27.5mm.

Sway bar end links are finally installed. It cleared tension rod with no problem.

Nismo power brace, Progress sway bar, Kazama tension rod and tie rod end all in one pic. I found something interesting. Measured sway bar, power brace center bar and tension rod and they were 27mm, 27mm and 27.5mm.

It's time to move on to the back. I wish I get the rear sway bar soon.

ishkabibble

I dig those clear side markers.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

wow, i hope you didn't pay too much for that. was it a knock-off? that just doesn't look like professional welding to me. anyone with half a brain and a welder could modify the stock ones to be EXACTLY like the nismo version for under $100 - that's an estimate. also, i'm sure it would come out much cleaner than that nismo one.

i just found a new project... by buddy zach (prodigy - hardly posts on nico) and i are going to have to try to make one of these.

oh, and i'm not trying to knock you for this purchase. not everyone wants to take the time and effort to fabricate their own parts.

94_240sx

DeXteR wrote:wow, i hope you didn't pay too much for that. was it a knock-off? that just doesn't look like professional welding to me. anyone with half a brain and a welder could modify the stock ones to be EXACTLY like the nismo version for under $100 - that's an estimate. also, i'm sure it would come out much cleaner than that nismo one.
It's authentic Nismo part that I picked up from the dealership. Yeah, when I opened the box it was wrapped really good, but weld and finish were like that. Part number was something like XXXXX-XXXXXUS. Maybe this one is not made in Japan or something? I have some other Nismo parts, and they are top notch quality. Bar in the middle and square box thingy supposed to make front end more stiff.

Cusco has this lower arm bar that connects 2 brackets together, but it's not going to be as stiff as Nismo power brace since box thingy is missing.

silviatp23
Car: 97 240sx SR

94 Do you know if the 180sx rear valences would work on the coupes? maybe not use the center piece that usually comes with them. Also another question did your side skirts not cover up the black strip that runs all the way around the car? Thanks

Tony

94_240sx

silviatp23 wrote:94 Do you know if the 180sx rear valences would work on the coupes?
No, they are not going to work. Do you like them more? If so, I'd try aftermarket valences made for the s13 coupe. Some of them look similar to 180sx rear valences and have more aggressive looking.
silviatp23 wrote:Also another question did your side skirts not cover up the black strip that runs all the way around the car?
No, rear valences and side are not covering the black strip as you can see in this pic. If they do, the strips on rear bumper and front bumper won't match up with ones on the body.

94_240sx

Went to gym and snapped some pics in the parking lot today. Weather was just gorgeous. I think I'm going to work on Helical diff this week.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

I really need those taillights and wheels....

One random question: all verts have the Limited Edition thing on the side right? Not just 94's?

BOOMSHAKALAKA

So clean...so beautiful...
Loki wrote:One random question: all verts have the Limited Edition thing on the side right? Not just 94's?
Right. All of them have them. Unfortunately mine doesn't because they came off.

I plan on adding them back later on. They look pretty neat imo.

ishkabibble

94_240sx wrote:Went to gym and snapped some pics in the parking lot today. Weather was just gorgeous.
Lucky... we came close to record lows here.

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

^ How bout that nor'easter, eh mike? Last night we were supposed to get 2-4 Sunday and 8-12 Sunday night. Now they say 2-4 Sunday night, and rain on Monday. So far, we've gotten a buttload of rain. Worst predictions EVAR

I would love to wash my car and have it stay relatively clean for awhile...all this rain sucks.

canada4g63
Car: 1992gsx,1991tsi,1990silvia ka24e

That is one of the cleanest verts i've ever seen. Nice car!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”