9-11 coverage

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

maineimport wrote:All right, I can see what you are saying... I just don't understand why the popular opinion is that it's OUR responsibility to take care of it? And we have known about terrorism for a long time, and it has affected us overseas for equally as long. Yes, it took a HUGE homeland strike to compell us to drastic action, but we've been combatting terrorism before this.

I just want to clarify my point.... WHY is it OUR job to take care of everybody else? They tell us to keep out and stay away and not interfere, until they are up against a wall, then they b**** because we didn't help... it's very frustrating!

Because that's what leaders do. They lead. Even the best of leaders, whether in sports, business, or heads of state are not ALWAYS going to do what's popular. But there's something called VISION, and fortunately our current prez has some (unlike our previous (or should I say PERV-ious) prez... This country was founded on a belief that ALL people have a right to freedom and democracy regardless of where they're from...

Screw the Middle East - and I'm 1/4 Middle Eastern!!

Go get 'em, Stoney!!!

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

I couldn't agree more with the fact that the U.S. has vision, and we are world leaders... but we are NOT babysitters! For those that ask for our help, then stab us in the back... no second chances. Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice.... wake up in a glass parking lot!!!! (If you wake up at all)

Silviaspeed

I have to agree with the both of you on this point. We should take as active a role as possible in the world, but at the same time not forget the ppl who did stab us in the back as maine was saying. Take the French, most French ppl don't like us one bit. But if it wasn't for our entering WWII then maybe there wouldn't be a France.

I could go on and on here......

Return to “General Chat”