79 Datsun 620 Heater Core Replacement

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
chipper2128
Car: 1979 Datsun 620

I have a leaking heater core and am considering replacing it. Does anyone know a source for a new or rebuilt core? Also, do you know if you can get the core out without taking the whole dash out? It looks like it should come out from the bottom after removing the console.

Any advise will be appreciated

Mike1979 Datsun 620, Std Cab

plimits36
Car: 1977 Datsun 620 Pickup, 1969 Datsun 510 Race Car

i have searched high and low for a new core for my 77 620... i finally decided to pull the whole unit out, 3 bolts and the couple hoses (it took me 5 minutes literally to take it out). And i put in the following Danhard universal heater...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Under...7;0;0

It was a super easy install, and the heater works better then the stock heater i had in the truck (when it did work). It hooked right up to my defrost vents and all.

You can buy the switch kit seperate from the heater if you like to control your heat. i just hooked mine up to a toggle switch since i only need the heater 2 months out of the year ( i live in the mohave desert)

If you decide to do the Danhard Universal heater like i did, shop around a bit. i got mine for $150. JCWhitney is a bit steep on their price.

Good Luck!

Return to “Datsun 620”