76' datsun 620 Need Help!!

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
5.0_s14
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx with a 5.0 302ci swap.

I have a 1976 datsun 620 i just got in a trade. It was fine when i got it and i let it sit for a few weeks and now it wont start without pouring a little gas into the carb... The plugs are good the wires are good fuel filter and pump all fine.. once i get it started by pouring gas into the carb and it warms up its fine. Can someone please give me a few hints on what i can do to fix this problem. Im new to carbs. Thanks!!

delman510
Car: 1972 510 1.6L

Check the float in the carb, make sure it isn't sticking. If trash/sediment got through before the filter change you could also have clogged jets, or the fuel intake screen (strainer) could be stopped up. A simple break-down and cleaning would go a long way.

CAPT' A

I would suggest you inspect the Fuel line coming out of the Fuel Tank. Considering the age of the vehicle, if there are any rubber lines in the fuel line from Tank to Carb, there could be cracking, letting air seep in. After the vehicle sits over night or whatever time period, there is leak down, Air in the system. Priming is needed due to the mechanical fuelpump is sucking air, and cannot get enough fuel flowing from the tank while cranking.
Usually the line at the fuel tank end is the culprit. An easy fix..

Return to “Datsun 620”