4th gen upgrades

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Incase it hasn't leaked out yet, JWT cams are now available for 4gen maximas. JWT hasn't provided dyno tests yet, but I think they're just holding back. Here's the details I've found so far and who's sellin:"Specifications: .415" lift and 256 degrees dwell; these are billet Nissan cams, not regrinds JWT Cam set price: $1100 (set of 4) + shipping Cattman part: #CAMG4

JWT Spring/retainer set price: $288 (set of 24) + shipping Cattman part: #CAMSPRG4

Both parts are available through the Cattman Performance order line, 800.759.9920, M-F 8am-5pm MST.

Brian C Catts Cattman Performance"

There's also a turbo kit available from a local KY boy for the 4th gen. I'll let him do the advertising himself so I don't step on any toes.

Point here is, things are finally looking up for the high potential 4gen max/I30

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

great info Chris!

Fred...:)

nyx

"that little kentucky boy" is harold, hlh0501 on this and many other boards. go to http://www.maxima.org and you'll be able to find all the info you want.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

nyx wrote:"that little kentucky boy" is harold, hlh0501 on this and many other boards. go to http://www.maxima.org and you'll be able to find all the info you want.

You gonna get one of those turbo thingies, Wes? BOOYAHHH!!

VQdriver
Car: surfing, skating, race driving, tennis

it's exciting to see new things come out for the maxima. the newest things available for the 4th gen (95-99) are the jim wolf cams and middle east variable intake manifold. i am a regular at maxima.org but i come here to visit the SR20DET forum. if anyone wants advice for maxima bolt ons feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Mayhem_J30

VQdriver wrote:it's exciting to see new things come out for the maxima. the newest things available for the 4th gen (95-99) are the jim wolf cams and middle east variable intake manifold. i am a regular at maxima.org but i come here to visit the SR20DET forum. if anyone wants advice for maxima bolt ons feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Yeah, the MEVI seems to be the best bang for the buck. It has one of themost obvious dyno charts.

TommyBoiSxty9
Car: Hot & Fast: Cars & bois

What kind of mods are available for J'sam i in the right forum :angel:

Mayhem_J30

TommyBoiSxty9 wrote:What kind of mods are available for J'sam i in the right forum :angel:

This section does say J30 under it for some reason so I guess so. You might get more feedback in the Infiniti General section.

As for your question I can only assume you're asking because you can not find sqawt!...am I right? The aftermarket world never opened for the J so most stuff will have to be custom. The best thing you can get is the JWT ECU. You can check my sig for about everything else. I'm also having some new sway bars made as we speak and should be done in a few weeks. Like I said...custom. There's another J30 member here, DiamondJ30, who doesn't post much anymore but is a big J30 fanatic and has discovered a lot on his own.Oops also forgot that you can get cams and nitrous too. Both come from JWT as well. Since the J is my play car I'll probably do both of those as well next year. Remember the J has the N/A Z32 engine. So whatever can be done to that can be done to the J...talking about the motor only of course.Before doing any modifications I recommend making sure the car is in top running condition first. Do all recommended maintenance on the car first. when I say all I mean go beyond the norm. Change ALL fluids including the rear diff. yadda yadda. Do a search on NICO for J30 maintenance and you'll most likely get all kinds of info on that.tell us some more about your car. Color, year, miles...

SR20 Infiniti
Car: 1989 Mazda 929 5 speed

Mayhem_J30 do you have pics of your J ?

do the Injen intake(s) from the NA 300ZX fit on the J ? the stock piping looks pretty restrictive to just bolt on a filter

is Intrax the only company to make springs ? are they still available ?

Is this the best forum for the J30 cause I cant find **** ?

would the NA 300ZX $tillen headers fit on the J30 ?

would it be possible to swap a 5spd tranny while keeping it NA ? how much ?

Is there a spoiler that would make the *** of the J30 look any better (besides touring) ?

thanx for the help

SR20 Infiniti

what power gains are possibly with the JWT ECU ?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

You can also ask J30 questions in the Infinti general Chat section.We don't have a seperate J30 forum.But posting here does no harm, mayhemJ30 is one of our best J guys.

Fred...:)

SR20 Infiniti

don t answer these anymore

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”