4th annual SoCal240SX meet @ Shine Street 1/31/04

Including HI and CA
Anand

I want to get there at 10:00AM because I will be taking off at 12~12:30 or so... so we can take off from my house at like 9:30 we should be good to go...

Ryan...are you stopping by my house???

Brian, I know you will go straight since I am the opp direction...

Bryan... you like in HH, you can come to my house.. it will be on your way...

anyone else e-mail me for my address... and I will be taking off to Shrine at 9:30AM sharp!!!! so be there...

240SXer
Car: 1995 240sx SE (2jz powered)

A bunch of people are leaving from Garageworks in Palmdale, Ca to go there at 8 I hear.. I'll go with them then just drive to your house Anad... If there will be time to make it to your house still..

BomexS13

damn, if I go, I dont know anybody:( :(

Anand

BomexS13 wrote:damn, if I go, I dont know anybody:( :(

you'll know me! ;) what is your name??? come to my house and you can roll with me...

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Hey Anand, can you e-mail me your address again? [email protected]Thanks man :)

Anand

done

EazyBreazy

damn if only my car was all together. i dun think im gonna be able to make it....... if i can make it is it okay if i show up in a dsm. prolly with my friend

Bunta240

oh yea, also what time is the earliest you want people at your house? Are people gonna be kicking it at your place before we head out?

Anand

naw... no one will be kicking it... sorry.. no one has really commited ot coming down so I am telling people to get to my house before 9:30am... if you want to come before that... I don't think I will be ready till like 9:00am haha.... so come around 9:15 so I can be ready by then...

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Pics?

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I couldn't make the meet last minute due to an electrical gremlin. I'm sure it was fun. For those of you who don't post in FA or on the socal mailing list, here is a post from Alex. Apparently there were some idiot drivers again:

******BTW thanks to those that did stupid stunts as you left; I saw a few before I left at 3PM and to be quite frank and honest, if things like this keep happening you guys can have your own meets and I will just avoid you all.

Some people cannot stop from being childish and possibly ruining it for everyone. Nobody realizes it but the LA County Sheriff's station was about 1/2 miles down the street on Avalon on the other side of the freeway.

Next time there won't be a next time. If people want to be idiots I will call the cops on them and everyone else can go home. Meets like this are not a time to show off your ego or your lack of self control with the gas pedal. If you cannot control yourself from making a ruckus when leaving then I DO NOT WELCOME YOU AT ALL AT ANY FUTURE EVENTS THAT I HOST.

Do I make myself clear? Or must I repeat it prior to every single event like a babysitter?

-alex *******

I'll add that during a meet we had in the summer at Mile Square Park, the park officials brought up what had happened a year before. While the incident was not anyone in our group before(some guy in a Honda that was there for his own picnic decided to do a burnout while leaving), they still thought it was us and gave us a hard time about it. These kind of things need to stop. Shine Street has been kind enough to allow us to hold meets there, but anyone's hospitality can only go so far. If you don't care that's fine, but you are not only disrespecting those that offer us the use of their facility, but also the other enthusiasts who do care about being able to come back. If this becomes a problem, I think we will have no choice but to start keeping record of who does this and not welcome them to the next meet.

usdm_180sx
Car: 1993 base model 240sx (s13)

C-Kwik wrote:I couldn't make the meet last minute due to an electrical gremlin. I'm sure it was fun. For those of you who don't post in FA or on the socal mailing list, here is a post from Alex. Apparently there were some idiot drivers again:

******BTW thanks to those that did stupid stunts as you left; I saw a few before I left at 3PM and to be quite frank and honest, if things like this keep happening you guys can have your own meets and I will just avoid you all.

Some people cannot stop from being childish and possibly ruining it for everyone. Nobody realizes it but the LA County Sheriff's station was about 1/2 miles down the street on Avalon on the other side of the freeway.

Next time there won't be a next time. If people want to be idiots I will call the cops on them and everyone else can go home. Meets like this are not a time to show off your ego or your lack of self control with the gas pedal. If you cannot control yourself from making a ruckus when leaving then I DO NOT WELCOME YOU AT ALL AT ANY FUTURE EVENTS THAT I HOST.

Do I make myself clear? Or must I repeat it prior to every single event like a babysitter?

-alex *******

I'll add that during a meet we had in the summer at Mile Square Park, the park officials brought up what had happened a year before. While the incident was not anyone in our group before(some guy in a Honda that was there for his own picnic decided to do a burnout while leaving), they still thought it was us and gave us a hard time about it. These kind of things need to stop. Shine Street has been kind enough to allow us to hold meets there, but anyone's hospitality can only go so far. If you don't care that's fine, but you are not only disrespecting those that offer us the use of their facility, but also the other enthusiasts who do care about being able to come back. If this becomes a problem, I think we will have no choice but to start keeping record of who does this and not welcome them to the next meet.

I think moving forward they should have someone monitor the exit point(s) for all meets so we can blackball these exhibitioners of speed

Bunta240

I got lots of pics, but I dont have anywhere to host em. Like 39 megs at about a meg a shot. My personal highlights were...

The three 510's

Thought the 240 with a Supra swap was interesting

Red R33 I think owned by Shine Street, guess though

White R32 Owned by SR20Store.com (99% sure)

Holisticbeatz

BomexS13

Damn, I wasn't able to go. I got sick(still am):(

Bunta240

Bunta240

doesnt work to directly link it huh? Can it be viewed it through imagestation?

gabossie
Car: Your mom

Holisticbeatz

No, don't use NICO photopost, it $%^#@ sucks!

Just give us the link to the album

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

S14SRPilot wrote:I think moving forward they should have someone monitor the exit point(s) for all meets so we can blackball these exhibitioners of speed

I'd hate to think we would have to resort to this.

mav1178

S14SRPilot wrote:I think moving forward they should have someone monitor the exit point(s) for all meets so we can blackball these exhibitioners of speed

It's called "good faith" and giving people the benefit of the doubt.

If I start blacklisting people I am not holding meets in good faith to those that wish to attend.

If I don't give people the benefit of the doubt I am judging them before they do anything; who's to say they won't clean up their act?

In any case, at any future meet I do if some 240 owner that goes to the meets from any forum post I made on any forum (FA, NICO, Zilvia, whatever) decides to act stupid, I will ruin everyone's day by kicking everyone out. Those that are mad, I will refer you to the troublemakers. These meets are getting big and fun, but in all honesty (and with all due respect to 240SX owners in general) if we cannot act like adults we do not deserve to be treated as adults.

-alex

usdm_180sx

C-Kwik wrote:I'd hate to think we would have to resort to this.

As much as you'd hate to think that, something's gotta give. That is the reality of the situation. We can either refuse to tolerate this behavior at all, put up with it and allow it to continue or just not have any future meets at all, unless you see another possibility that I overlooked.

usdm_180sx

mav1178 wrote:It's called "good faith" and giving people the benefit of the doubt.

If I start blacklisting people I am not holding meets in good faith to those that wish to attend.

If I don't give people the benefit of the doubt I am judging them before they do anything; who's to say they won't clean up their act?

In any case, at any future meet I do if some 240 owner that goes to the meets from any forum post I made on any forum (FA, NICO, Zilvia, whatever) decides to act stupid, I will ruin everyone's day by kicking everyone out. Those that are mad, I will refer you to the troublemakers. These meets are getting big and fun, but in all honesty (and with all due respect to 240SX owners in general) if we cannot act like adults we do not deserve to be treated as adults.

-alex

End the meet once something stupid is done and have people keep an eye out for violators. Take their license plate number and keep a running list of these people at all meets to discourage further acts of stupidity. Allow them to attend future events conditionally but ban them if they repeat an offense, or ban them period. (Just hope they aren't crazy gangsters) Good faith won't work with immature people so events have to have some form of regulation to keep things in order. It's sad that there has to be any at all but people do have a CHOICE: to abide by the rules or not

Bunta240

Sorry for the lateness. Heres the album..

http://www.imagestation.com/al...age=Y

Return to “California Region”