420sxWETDREAMS build "Still Coming"

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

matt_240sx wrote:Car's looking good! I like the ride height.

How hard was it to install that DCC?
It was a little difficult not impossible. Just followed the steps in the you tube videos and you should be good. I just don't have the blend door piece. But it works good. I'm loving the ride high my self. Can't wait to put my wheels on soon. Just been running in to headaches putting on the rear five lug.

420sxWETDREAMS

Some updated pics so far with the 350z wheels on. Now I need some low pro tires but these were brand new with the trade so might as well ride them out.

I know I need to get better pics but this is what I got for now. Next up is a roller paint job ( I know, I know, I know) but I will do it right ie. extra sanding until it looks good. Then I'm getting Cibie lights and HID's on them.

420sxWETDREAMS

Question: do you guys think I should paint my lip white or leave black?

I was leaving black to match my mud flaps, and taillight section.

GhostDriver
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX RMS13

Semi gloss black.

420sxWETDREAMS

GhostDriver wrote:Semi gloss black.
Thanks for the feed back, so one for Semi-Gloss Black. :bigthumb:

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Black

Why are you painting it with a roller? Your paint looks good.

420sxWETDREAMS

krash wrote:Black

Why are you painting it with a roller? Your paint looks good.
the front bumper looks really faded, and the clear is coming off. I might just do the bumpers and hatch, those are my bad looking areas and try and wet sand and clear the rest. This is still a budget build for at least another year.

krash

I have the same problem with my bumpers too. Go up to a local body shop and ask them how much they'll charge to mix up some paint for you, it shouldn't be too much. Then you'll need a paint gun and a small air compressor. You might spend a bit more than just rollering it, but you'll end up with a finished product, not a bandaid.

Car looks good so far. Good idea with the rear tails, seems like a nice "budget" alternative to kouki tails.

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

420sxWETDREAMS wrote: Next up is a roller paint job ( I know, I know, I know).
What a let down :tisk:

420sxWETDREAMS

badbob2121 wrote:
I might have a budget for a real paint job this summer if I dont do it myself. I really want to do it myself I've seen some good roller paint jobs done correctly but have found some cheap air equipment I can buy at Harbor Freight. I wont let you down Badbob or myself for that matter. I am curious of how well I can do it, and its only paint and it can be re done over if its bad but the learning experience is what I'm looking for. I had my mind made up to challenge myself to do all or most of the work myself with this car. To show people can do it them selves with out having a baller budget just some tools, desire and motivation. :ohno:

420sxWETDREAMS

Here is an example of a properly done "Roller Paint Job"

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh ... t-job-quot

Juliankamlley

Awesome build man. Can you provide me with a link where you got your led dash light? And you posted in my thread about HID's. I was wondering, with that cheap eBay link you provided me, is relaying my headlights required? Bc I have no idea how to do that. Lol

ponchs13
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx

Im digging the budget build i myself am low on funds :dblthumb:

420sxWETDREAMS

Small update but some progress none the less.
Got some blue tint side mirrors and the blue tint broadway mirror

Sooo my exhaust had a huge hole i it. In fact it was not even really connected in the past the cat. I picked up a nice stock one for $30 as a quick fix.

Old one:
The one I bought and I put a little JB weld to seal a small hole

I had a can of black gloss spray paint laying around ....so what the hell?!

Also had a can of White gloss spray paint too......ssoooooo....yeah lol.
Painted the faded bumper and the ugly black strip that goes down the body and the hatch. I plan on getting my car painted in to months so this was just a bandaide but it came out better than I thought.
The bumper before paint.
after

420sxWETDREAMS

Got some foglight projectors from a Mazda mellenia and plan to retro fit it.

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

Any updates?

mechanicalmoron

You gave up on rolling the car then?

I'm curious to see a nicely rolled 240.... it'd be nice to know what I'm getting into.

420sxWETDREAMS

A little video my cousin made of my car when we hung out this weekend, My car is nothing special but this is were its at now.

http://www.magisto.com/video/aQVHZAVQQ2IKDUVk
Last edited by 420sxWETDREAMS on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

420sxWETDREAMS

This was us hanging out testing out the Gopro! Better vids nextime.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQQ4vdbdKE[/youtube]

krash

nice video, but god that honda is obnoxious lol

420sxWETDREAMS

lol thanks Krash it was a trial video and I should have better vids next time. Did you see the one above it?
Last edited by 420sxWETDREAMS on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

420sxWETDREAMS

nevertheless wrote:Any updates?
I should have the foglight projectors installed in a week in a half or so once the Hids come in for the fogs. I Should be painting the entire car my self next month. School just started so my son needed new school clothes and stuff plus my little one turned three you know how that goes. Something always comes up to take out of my project money. :cry: Not to much for now. The tires are still like new so not worth replacing yet for 45's and lowering any more since it rubs now. Hard to believe but the coilovers are raised all the way up.

420sxWETDREAMS

mechanicalmoron wrote:You gave up on rolling the car then?

I'm curious to see a nicely rolled 240.... it'd be nice to know what I'm getting into.
Nope havent given up on that just waiting to have the right off set rims to do it, or when I get smaller tires to lower her and roll the fenders. I will do it thought probably after paint.

mechanicalmoron

I was trying to figure out what was obnoxious about the honda, and then I saw the front end.

Nah, I meant the low class kind of rolling........ your paint, not your fenders.

CJH
Car: S13

I do like your wheels, but I liked the BMW wheels more. Anything can fit if you are creative. My rims aren't as big in diameter, but my car is lower and my wheels stick out just as far. I got it all to fit with camber and artistic freedom on my fenders.

420sxWETDREAMS

mechanicalmoron wrote:I was trying to figure out what was obnoxious about the honda, and then I saw the front end.

Nah, I meant the low class kind of rolling........ your paint, not your fenders.
I'm not sure what your talking about... because the fenders are original paint. I mentioned before that I considered to roll paint but haven't done any of that nor will I. Low Class..really?! Thanks for your .02 anyway.

420sxWETDREAMS

CJH wrote:I do like your wheels, but I liked the BMW wheels more. Anything can fit if you are creative. My rims aren't as big in diameter, but my car is lower and my wheels stick out just as far. I got it all to fit with camber and artistic freedom on my fenders.
I loved them too but did not have the time or money to make that set up happen at the time. Every thing I have done was to be presentable and budget conscious until I'm in a better position to "Buy all new parts" type build. I'm just happy learning to do these things on my own and putting my family first. Not to mention I have two other vehicles to maintain on one budget. Those wheels will be back another time.

420sxWETDREAMS

Got my new steering wheel, short hub, and detachable hub. Also have the Neo chrome baller bolts coming in. As soon as they do I will post. Sorry not so much update I have been trying to open up my business and spending is not much of an option lol. These were Christmas gifts for me.

Last edited by 420sxWETDREAMS on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

420sxWETDREAMS

badbob2121 wrote:
I will be painting my car soon but not a roller job lol. I will update with pics soon. Not much to see different since the last time. but the interior will looks tighter once my Steering whell and stuff is on.

420sxWETDREAMS

Got some new doors because I messed my other ones up cutting the material after I glued on the panel and cut through the whole thing :tisk:
So I just resprayed these and the Sun visor cover to match the whole interior :naughty:

Old Door
Old door
New ones. One painted and the other the way it was before for a before and after look to tell the difference.

One can painted all of these parts if you are wondering or concidering to do it your self.
Last edited by 420sxWETDREAMS on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”