400 whp Stock block Redtop - GT2871r .64 power!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
240sxHitman
Car: Boosted '91 240sx

oh, well heres a picture to better help out

codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'm not sure JWT or Enthalpy will give out a chip to place into that daughterboard.

Email them to find out.

datsun2401972
Car: 90 240sx coupe XE

I noticed you are a reader of Corky Bell. Good to know the wisdom is coming from a very valid source.

I certainly plan to copy your setup initially for a street/track setup. But what I'm curious about is your knowledge of a higher output full track use car. You made mention earlier of a gt30xx rally turbo. If I had a source for all the gt series turbos efficiency maps I could get a general idea of what I'm looking for.

My plans for a full race setup would be a 9000 RPM top/bottom end with a crackidy *** tubular manifold like peak boost or full race's design(top mount). The only reason I would go tubular is to handle the higher flow rates and take advantage of the greater efficiency at high rpm.

So what I'm getting at is if you were gonna go that far, what turbo would you suggest to obtain the most power over the broadest range up to 8500-9000 rpm. And I'm really more concerned about the torque numbers than hp. So the turbo with the more broad/flat upper rpm torque curve would be my preference.

I know it's asking alot out of an engine to rev 9grand and push 25+psi. But I was fortunate enough to take a ride in a k-series'd areil atom with a rotrex supercharger that blasted to 9000rpm in an instant . So my goal is 400+rwtrq. I think that is enough to dominate the feeling I got in the atom lol .

Again, that's my full race goals...and your opinions are appreciated!

codyace

9000 rpm is a tall task to ask from our engines in general, and IMO really isn't needed.

If you look at alot of the competitive time attack cars today, most of them are in the 450-550 whp range, certainly putting the old 2871r out of the question, and thus brining into the picture the 3071 or 3076 varients.

With that said, I don't have enough personal experience with them, but I would assume a smaller turbine housing on a 3071r, at 25 psi, with a spring/retainer upgrade (8500ish rpm we'll say) and Jim Wolf Tech C1 series cams, would easily give you that hp, and the RPM range to do it in.

HOWEVER

If you are able to get a car light enough, I would think mysetup would be DAMN fast at 23-25 psi in a 2500 lb car....

Enlefo
Car: s14 zenki, black on black.

I envy that you got to ride in an Atom, but I doubt you're gonna replicate the feeling with a 240.

datsun2401972

I might be working on the 2500pound part before long....do you think the gt2871r will still be effecient at that flow rate(~25psi)? Or would it be on the efficiency drop off point of the compressor map?

codyace

25 psi IMO would be damn near at the end if that turbo's power in general. Some will argue that 23/24 is the limit on the map, but you can always extend over and still generate some power (just not as easily as when on the map)

datsun2401972

I'd really like to see what your setup would do on alcohol...

Enlefo:not just an atom, but a kpowered atom with a rotrex supercharger . The event was called Atomfest, held at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. That one was without question the fastest in the field that day.

And really I just wanna match the acceleration, not the experience

otterman

datsun2401972 wrote:I'd really like to see what your setup would do on alcohol...
Don't drink and drive idiot.

Tulsa_S-13
Car: 1991 SR 240sx

datsun2401972 wrote:I'd really like to see what your setup would do on alcohol...

Enlefo:not just an atom, but a kpowered atom with a rotrex supercharger . The event was called Atomfest, held at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. That one was without question the fastest in the field that day.

And really I just wanna match the acceleration, not the experience
Not to threadjack... ok I'm threading jacking?

I really wanted to make it out to that Hallett event but didn't get the chance. Datsun2401972, I notice you're in Tulsa. If you ever need any 240sx parts feel free to contact me.

otterman

Tulsa_S-13 wrote:
Not to threadjack... ok I'm threading jacking?

I really wanted to make it out to that Hallett event but didn't get the chance. Datsun2401972, I notice you're in Tulsa. If you ever need any 240sx parts feel free to contact me.
This isn't the place for your ****in little parts scam, take that **** some place else David. That's right, I used your name.

mistamacadamian
Car: s13

Kalypso123 wrote:There is an Ebay company that will reprogram an ECU.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

give them all the specs of the motor, send it in. they reprogram and send it back.

voila,

what do you think.
i actually had their ecu for my KA-T set up, had good air ratios and guy is really helpful. fast response and answers any questions. not saying its better than JWT but if your just running a cute t25 set up with some mods then it wouldnt hurt. great thread btw lots of info.

Kalypso

woah I haven't been here in weeks I started reading that quote and i thought??? wait who said that

honestly I want to try them when I get a gt28rs, because I cant afford a 1000$ ecu, and there is also mega squirt.

I came back because I wanted to see if were going to do something with the bottom end cody. but it seems like you read my mind.

codyace

datsun2401972 wrote:I'd really like to see what your setup would do on alcohol...And really I just wanna match the acceleration, not the experience
I have meth injection for this season

and get a 4.60 ring and pinion set like I have, and accelearation is wacky :D
Kalypso123 wrote:honestly I want to try them when I get a gt28rs, because I cant afford a 1000$ ecu, and there is also mega squirt.
You can find used ECU's for 300-400 bucks all the time on here. I just scrounged up two of them!

And a 28RS is an easy 300+ whp turbo...not something I'd trust a no name ebay tune with

Tulsa_S-13

otterman wrote:
This isn't the place for your ****in little parts scam, take that **** some place else David. That's right, I used your name.
God damn it Jason, you know I don't scam people.

Tulsa_S-13

codyace wrote:
and get a 4.60 ring and pinion set like I have, and accelearation is wacky :D
What the hell Nissan did you get a 4.60:1 FD out of?

I thought the largest available FD was 4.36:1, which I run from an HCR32.

datsun2401972

lol, yah I don't drink and drive, I drive and drink. And so far it's only been in my cousin's drag car.

I'm just itchin to do an aftermarket ems on alcohol. I wonder at what psi you would actually need an intercooler...

And cody, are you refering to meth inj. spay in the intake, or complete methanol injection with no conventional gas at all?

Kalypso

codyace wrote:You can find used ECU's for 300-400 bucks all the time on here. I just scrounged up two of them!

And a 28RS is an easy 300+ whp turbo...not something I'd trust a no name ebay tune with
thats dope I was looking in the wrong places. I found this .... a JUN ecu.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...7.m32

presumably once this is hooked up to a new and improved MAF, it will be able to manage the added fuel, air pressure/boost (within the ecu's limits).

is it that simple?

codyace

Tulsa_S-13 wrote:What the hell Nissan did you get a 4.60:1 FD out of? I thought the largest available FD was 4.36:1, which I run from an HCR32.
I've got a super awesome JDM source that hooked me up with a set from a Nismo car of some sort...that's all the more I knew, and I just ran with it!

JUST KIDDING

They are out of a 2001ish Xterra SE. From the front differential. I think I got mine for like 150 or 200 bucks...somethign stupid cheap. Opened that case, got the gears, and put them in mine :D Gotta make sure it's the SE though, as they also had a 3.73ish gear, an da 4.80ish gear. Front diff too.

Search fresh alloy, there is a nice thread there that can probably answer more questions that you have :D
Kalypso123 wrote:
thats dope I was looking in the wrong places. I found this .... a JUN ecu.

presumably once this is hooked up to a new and improved MAF, it will be able to manage the added fuel, air pressure/boost (within the ecu's limits).
I wouldn't use a JDM ecu at all. No clue what they are really tuned for, and they are turned for higher octane gas (due to Japan getting better fuel).

Get a JIm Wolf, or get an Enthalpy.
datsun2401972 wrote:I'm just itchin to do an aftermarket ems on alcohol. I wonder at what psi you would actually need an intercooler...
Would be neat to see, but there really is no need for it, this side of a super duper drag car.
datsun2401972 wrote:And cody, are you refering to meth inj. spay in the intake, or complete methanol injection with no conventional gas at all?
Meth Injection into the pipes. I'm using Aquamist.

datsun2401972

I love super duper drag cars...but my car would be for circuit racing anyways...

codyace

at that rate, alcohol (fuel) doesn't even pay off to use, nor is needed. 93+Meth Injection or just plain old race gas...

tripleJs15
Car: Nissan Titan

cody: where are you doing the at, you said pipes, are you meaning the intercooler piping or intake runners ?

codyace

tripleJs15 wrote:cody: where are you doing the at, you said pipes, are you meaning the intercooler piping or intake runners ?
Intercooler piping, per aquamist directions, so on the first straight section out of the intercooler (essnetially right next to the windshiled washer tank).

DrifterProdigy85
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx (Zenki Onevia)

Speaking of the R&P Gearing. You can also get a 4.90 from a Xterra too. Would be pretty wicked with a larger turbo and 9k+rpm capability. Also about the Tomei Manifold thing, the ones that crack had the heat wrap around. Ive got a Ichiba Version II manifold which is a half price copy of the Tomei. Been running it since October and hasnt cracked. Did 12.06 @ 121mph w/ 20psi from my 2871R .86.

codyace

4.90 would be super nutty. Only thing that it would kill is the drag race ability (some very careful tire slection would need to take place)...as I think it would put us in 5th through the traps (not good).

I'm not saying all tubular ones will crack, but enough do (and I'm lazy) to make me not want one. Plus I have that tiny little .64 housing too, so anything that can retain heat helps spool, and increases my smile :D

...Somedays I wish I had an s13 to drop 300ish lbs over my s14 hehe.

Thoughtful_One
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE
2000 Honda Insight

I saw you were using a Z33 clutch and flywheel.

Were there any changed that needed to be made, or was it a "bolt-in" affair?

I remember Nissanperformancemag.com did the same thing, but the site closed down...

codyace

Thoughtful_One wrote:I saw you were using a Z33 clutch and flywheel.

Were there any changed that needed to be made, or was it a "bolt-in" affair?

I remember Nissanperformancemag.com did the same thing, but the site closed down...
Completly bolt in affair, available from Jim Wolf Technology (www.jimwolftechnology.com)

NPM is exactly where I got the idea from too. It's shut down (legal issues), but will hopfully return!

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

hehe imagine if you please. your setup in a stripped s13.

cause that is all you can do is imagine tell i hit the streets. hehehe.

Thoughtful_One
Car: 1998 Nissan 240SX SE
2000 Honda Insight

I checked NPM religiously ever since I found it a while ago. I wonder what happened to those guys...?

Awesome about the clutch. I will defintely be doing that for my new clutch.

Thanks.

codyace

idahotuner wrote:hehe imagine if you please. your setup in a stripped s13. cause that is all you can do is imagine tell i hit the streets. hehehe.
LOL

You better dyno it
Thoughtful_One wrote:I checked NPM religiously ever since I found it a while ago. I wonder what happened to those guys...?

Awesome about the clutch. I will defintely be doing that for my new clutch.
For the short of things, NPM organizers are fighting legal issues over the content and future ventures. That's all that really can be said at this point in public :D

As far as the clutch, it's awesome! Drives just like stock....heck even my mom drove it with no issue :D

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”